The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Mar 15, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #391 of 6,694
Quote:

They open 3-6 on Sundays. So you can go and try it out and talk to Eric to see if he can help you. This sunday is the cutoff and the impressions will be done another day.

2.6k whilst a great price, is unlikely to be something I can plunge for right now though. I would love to have a listen however. Just not sure if I can put in the time. 

Mar 16, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #392 of 6,694
Gave my impressions to the shops today, now the waiting begins.  At least this isn't my first pair of customs so the wait shouldn't be as unbearable, I hope.  
redface.gif

Mar 16, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #393 of 6,694
Quote:
Gave my impressions to the shops today, now the waiting begins.  At least this isn't my first pair of customs so the wait shouldn't be as unbearable, I hope.  
redface.gif

Congratulations!

Where did you buy from? I am waiting for my pair to arrive, hopefully at the end of this week. I bought and had my impressions done at Jaben. Did you do your impressions there or from a third party audiologist?

Mar 16, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #394 of 6,694
Quote:

Congratulations!

Where did you buy from? I am waiting for my pair to arrive, hopefully at the end of this week. I bought and had my impressions done at Jaben. Did you do your impressions there or from a third party audiologist?

I'm buying mine via DMA Audio and had my impressions done by a third party audiologist.  Even with getting the impressions done outside the total was quite a bit cheaper (HKD 1000 to be exact) than Jaben so I've decided to go with them.  

Actually to be honest I'm not happy with Jaben for not even considering to offer any discounts and was still going with the same price I asked them about late last year considering that the yen is now significantly weakened (it was roughly HKD10 to JPY100 then vs HKD8 to JPY100 now).  I was buying with friends too and we were all going for 335s.  Since Jaben weren't willing to offer discount we took our business to DMA Audio, plus the sales lady was much more friendlier too.  

Mar 16, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #395 of 6,694
Quote:

I'm buying mine via DMA Audio and had my impressions done by a third party audiologist.  Even with getting the impressions done outside the total was quite a bit cheaper (HKD 1000 to be exact) than Jaben so I've decided to go with them.  

Actually to be honest I'm not happy with Jaben for not even considering to offer any discounts and was still going with the same price I asked them about late last year considering that the yen is now significantly weakened (it was roughly HKD10 to JPY100 then vs HKD8 to JPY100 now).  I was buying with friends too and we were all going for 335s.  Since Jaben weren't willing to offer discount we took our business to DMA Audio, plus the sales lady was much more friendlier too.  

Interesting, I never knew FitEar had another distributor (aside from Jaben, Analog Head, ALO). Mind doing a favour please? Could you please ask them how they're dealing with FitEar? Directly or through another distributor?

Mar 16, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #396 of 6,694
Quote:
Interesting, I never knew FitEar had another distributor (aside from Jaben, Analog Head, ALO). Mind doing a favour please? Could you please ask them how they're dealing with FitEar? Directly or through another distributor?

In HK you can get FitEar via Jaben, DMA Audio and Mingo Headphones but there are a few other famous headphone shops such as King Sound which don't sell anything FitEar.  I recall Suyama-san had posted on a blog/webpage about visiting specifically these 3 shops before when he came to HK so I suspect they are actually dealing directly with FitEar, otherwise if it is via a local distributor then all the headphone shops will do it and not just these 3.  Though I guess I can probably ask next time I go to DMA but I'm willing to bet my theory is correct. 
biggrin.gif

EDIT:  Here's the blog post
EDIT2:  Suyama-san mentioned Katie Lau of DMA being a friendly staff, coincidentally she was the one I dealt with after checking the business card I got from her

Mar 16, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #397 of 6,694
Quote:

In HK you can get FitEar via Jaben, DMA Audio and Mingo Headphones but there are a few other famous headphone shops such as King Sound which don't sell anything FitEar.  I recall Suyama-san had posted on a blog/webpage about visiting specifically these 3 shops before when he came to HK so I suspect they are actually dealing directly with FitEar, otherwise if it is via a local distributor then all the headphone shops will do it and not just these 3.  Though I guess I can probably ask next time I go to DMA but I'm willing to bet my theory is correct. 
biggrin.gif

Now that you've mentioned Mingo, you're right! My failing memory!!

Mar 17, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #399 of 6,694
@glassmaple:  It's HKD$15500 at DMA not including ear impressions.  I paid first and had my ear impressions done later but I don't see why you can't just bring the impressions done first and then go and pay them on the same day.  

Mar 17, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #401 of 6,694
Quote:
@glassmaple:  It's HKD$15500 at DMA not including ear impressions.  I paid first and had my ear impressions done later but I don't see why you can't just bring the impressions done first and then go and pay them on the same day.  

Did they instruct you on how to get the impressions done?

Mar 17, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #402 of 6,694
@AnakChan  Yes it is.  It would only be cheaper if I fly to Japan to get it done directly by FitEar but even just factoring in the price of the plane ticket (I've got quite a few friends in Japan where I can crash so accommodation isn't a problem lol) would push it pass that price.   

I really think FitEar should consider handling overseas order by themselves similar to how JH Audio handles it but make a limited amount of quotas per month for overseas order or something like that so they won't overwhelm themselves, they can hire one person who writes English to handle customer service via email and it should be sufficient.  For places where they already have a distributor in place I guess they can just not accept online order from those regions, at least that way it would still open up a lot more opportunities for people in other countries where they just have no chance of even getting a pair otherwise.  

Mar 17, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #403 of 6,694
[A not so] Side note: Despite having my MH335DW for a week, it wasn't exactly love at first sight for the first few days. Something today though is like a revelation. It's opened up very nicely. I'm absolutely loving my MH335DW. Initially I felt the bass was somewhat overwhelming and treble roll-off. I'd say it'll have to more with my ears growing accustomed to it rather than it changing (maybe slight changes only from the 000 cable burn-in but IMHO, that's very very slight change).

Mar 17, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #404 of 6,694
Quote:

Did they instruct you on how to get the impressions done?

No.  I went to an audiologist which has experience with making CIEM so I just told them I'm getting these for CIEM and got a standard open mouth impression done and the audiologist knew to have the impression made deeper and must pass the curve of the ear canal.  Reading about people's varying experience with customs regarding close/open ear impressions I think it's more of a matter of some personal luck and manufacturer preference.  Since I've got no problems with getting a good fit and seal with an open mouth impression when I did my JH16 I'm sticking with what worked for me.  YMMV.  

Mar 17, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #405 of 6,694
Quote:
[A not so] Side note: Despite having my MH335DW for a week, it wasn't exactly love at first sight for the first few days. Something today though is like a revelation. It's opened up very nicely. I'm absolutely loving my MH335DW. Initially I felt the bass was somewhat overwhelming and treble roll-off. I'd say it'll have to more with my ears growing accustomed to it rather than it changing (maybe slight changes only from the 000 cable burn-in but IMHO, that's very very slight change).

AnakChan

Did you try it on the Woo that you had the picture of? And briefly, how was the synergy? 

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back