The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Sep 29, 2023 at 2:29 AM Post #6,526 of 6,678
i just noticed that there's a notch on the tips of air2 (on both left and right hand sides). it's quite strange and not found on my other fitear iems (titanium CM or universal). anyone has idea is this normal for fitear's acrylic shell ciem?

That notch is for easy removal from your ears. Have that on my 335DWSR.

Sep 29, 2023 at 8:28 AM Post #6,527 of 6,678
Short impression from me is, the EST provides a clear, easy to listen to sound with solid technicalities well tuned for just having 2 drivers, imho quite neutral sounding but leaning towards musical than analytical, bass might not be satisfying enough for some genres due to having very light subbass.
btw is the est has better technicalities than the mh334?

Sep 29, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #6,528 of 6,678
My 335dwsr and 224 has this. titan and dc ti no.
I just learnt that the user manual mentioned this! Never thought of checking that for an iem :stuck_out_tongue:

my 1st fitear ciem is DC Ti and those fitear universals also don't have such notch so i never suspect there's such a design feature in the acrylic ciem

Sep 29, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #6,529 of 6,678
btw is the est has better technicalities than the mh334?

I've never tried any 334s, I only had previously own a mh335dw before I lost it during my travels.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2023 at 7:33 PM Post #6,530 of 6,678
With Uncle Wilson’s irresistible deal and persuasion, I’ve ordered the H1! The waiting game begins 😄

Sep 30, 2023 at 3:56 AM Post #6,531 of 6,678
Struggling to pick between the Titan and the Creator (DC Ti universal). Titan's treble is a bit too much for me for female vocals, but this also helps with imaging on instrumentals, and strings sound super realistic. Creator's bass slams quite a bit harder with more tamed treble, but the imaging takes a slight hit compared to the Titan, and doesn't sound as clean for instruments.

Both IEM's staging and imaging are significantly ahead of other IEMs I have heard, especially the pinpoint imaging on instrumentals, the stage size on all three axis, and layering depth.

Sep 30, 2023 at 4:11 AM Post #6,532 of 6,678
Struggling to pick between the Titan and the Creator (DC Ti universal). Titan's treble is a bit too much for me for female vocals, but this also helps with imaging on instrumentals, and strings sound super realistic. Creator's bass slams quite a bit harder with more tamed treble, but the imaging takes a slight hit compared to the Titan, and doesn't sound as clean for instruments.

Both IEM's staging and imaging are significantly ahead of other IEMs I have heard, especially the pinpoint imaging on instrumentals, the stage size on all three axis, and layering depth.

Hi, is the Creator Ti still a limited edition in HK or is it now sold elsewhere?

Sep 30, 2023 at 4:11 AM Post #6,533 of 6,678
Hi, is the Creator Ti still a limited edition in HK or is it now sold elsewhere?

It’s offered by Jaben SG as far as I know.

Sep 30, 2023 at 4:55 AM Post #6,534 of 6,678

Frankly, I would look at in terms of Titan vs DC Ti. The Creator is just a cable. You will likely cable roll in due course in any event. So, no point being wedded to a particular cable and paying extra just for the cable.

That would be a more helpful comparison. And something that will stand you in good stead for the long term.

Sep 30, 2023 at 5:04 AM Post #6,535 of 6,678
Frankly, I would look at in terms of Titan vs DC Ti. The Creator is just a cable. You will likely cable roll in due course in any event. So, no point being wedded to a particular cable and paying extra just for the cable.

That would be a more helpful comparison. And something that will stand you in good stead for the long term.
Ah, my bad, I meant the Fitear Creator, the universal edition of DC Ti exclusively sold by Jaben HK (and SG?). I tested both using the same Creator Silver 4 cable. So yes, I am referring to the DC Ti vs Titan in a sense.

I wonder whether my impressions match yours, being that the Titan's treble is more hot but more suitable for instrumentals, while the DC Ti is more linear, with (noticebly) more bass slam and body?

Sep 30, 2023 at 6:55 AM Post #6,536 of 6,678
Ah, my bad, I meant the Fitear Creator, the universal edition of DC Ti exclusively sold by Jaben HK (and SG?). I tested both using the same Creator Silver 4 cable. So yes, I am referring to the DC Ti vs Titan in a sense.

I wonder whether my impressions match yours, being that the Titan's treble is more hot but more suitable for instrumentals, while the DC Ti is more linear, with (noticebly) more bass slam and body?
Yes. Very much so. The Titan does tend to be more focused on treble extension. Which is great for orchestral and big sound stage. As a result of which the mids seem a bit more recessed. Which is there are those who enjoy the Air2 more because the trebles and mids are more balanced. The Air2 has its admirers for its timbre.

The DC Ti is probably more balanced in terms of treble extension vs the mids/lower mids. So, it has more body. The bass is also tighter.

Frankly, I don’t think you can go wrong with either. It all depends really on what your preferences and what you are looking for in your new FitEar. :)

Sep 30, 2023 at 7:56 PM Post #6,538 of 6,678
Oct 1, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #6,539 of 6,678
Does anyone know the type of connector used on the IEM side? Thanks
it's actually the connectors used in older sennheiser hd series cans like HD430, HD545, HD565, HD580, HD600, HD650 and HD25SP. you can get a giant size connectors such as FURUTECH FT-2PS which i think some audiophile cable makers like creator has been using.

Oct 1, 2023 at 8:05 PM Post #6,540 of 6,678
it's actually the connectors used in older sennheiser hd series cans like HD430, HD545, HD565, HD580, HD600, HD650 and HD25SP. you can get a giant size connectors such as FURUTECH FT-2PS which i think some audiophile cable makers like creator has been using.

Aren’t fitear pins a lil bit different based on this pic? Sennheiser pins do work, but fitear pins are quite cheaper to buy.

Attachments

• IMG_1069.jpeg
    IMG_1069.jpeg
    56.5 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back