The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Sep 4, 2023 at 8:34 AM Post #6,496 of 6,694
coming from Dita Dream, Earsonics Grace, JH Lola, Noble Katana.

I've tried the MH334 with universal mod. I just surprised how detailed the Fitear IEM without being harsh and shouty, even though the technology kind of dated but the sound speak for itself.

Can anyone recommend what type should I choose for female vocal, big orchestra, and some of action movie? Thats what I listen most of the time

Really appreciate for your respond..

Sep 4, 2023 at 8:58 AM Post #6,497 of 6,694
coming from Dita Dream, Earsonics Grace, JH Lola, Noble Katana.

I've tried the MH334 with universal mod. I just surprised how detailed the Fitear IEM without being harsh and shouty, even though the technology kind of dated but the sound speak for itself.

Can anyone recommend what type should I choose for female vocal, big orchestra, and some of action movie? Thats what I listen most of the time

Really appreciate for your respond..
You can not get universal FitEar as an foreigner, but the universal ones are excellent too. FitEar even says on their homepage that there are limitations to what is capable with the custom ones and some customers can not have them at all due to earshape.

But the Universal ones are internationally available. They are called TG334 and TG335 respectively.

If you combine them with the COMPLY T-600 you will have maximum sound quality and very good isolation.

Sep 4, 2023 at 9:10 AM Post #6,499 of 6,694
There is jaben that can help with the custom,
maybe I should go for the MH335dwsr, with good bass right?
This will largely depend on your taste. I have a 335DWSR but most of the time, I reach out to my TG334. I think 334SR is better for female vocals and orchestra.

Sep 4, 2023 at 9:17 AM Post #6,501 of 6,694
TG334 is outstanding for vocals, i love mine and i consider it a good all tounder too :)

Sep 4, 2023 at 11:30 PM Post #6,503 of 6,694
Thank you then.

May I ask about a little comparison between 335dwsr and 334sr?

The 335DWSR is a much better all rounder, a pyramid type distribution of power from lows to highs and better fit for critical listening in the long run. Warmer presentation with more details all across the frequency ranges. Also less ear fatigue.

The 334SR is much more mid-centric coupled with plenty of mid-bass. Extension on both ends of the spectrum falls behind the 335DWSR. One of the best for female vocals. More prone to ear fatigue due to prominent high-mids.

Sep 15, 2023 at 7:52 AM Post #6,505 of 6,694
Imagine my surprise when a nice care packet came from Wilson, Jaben Singapore today. The demo unit for the MH 335HT was amongst the goodies. :)

IMG_9750.jpeg
IMG_9751.jpeg
IMG_9754.jpeg

Sep 15, 2023 at 8:12 AM Post #6,506 of 6,694
Imagine my surprise when a nice care packet came from Wilson, Jaben Singapore today. The demo unit for the MH 335HT was amongst the goodies. :)

IMG_9750.jpegIMG_9751.jpegIMG_9754.jpeg
Oh woooooow willl it be UIEM also?🙄

Sep 15, 2023 at 8:59 AM Post #6,507 of 6,694
I have been spending the last couple of hours with the MH335HT demo unit. I am very pleased with the demo unit. It fits very nicely. So, that you can get a good seal and you can actually get a good sense of how the actual custom will sound.

As for the sound, I will say that the trebles are well extended and effortless. There is even a nice sparkle to the trebles. The consequence is that the soundstage is nice and big. What I have also noticed is that there is no bass bleed. The bass is actually very impactful and taut. It is interesting that the tweaks that Suyama san has made to the MH335DW has been to add treble extension, first by way of the SR tweak and now the HT. The resulting sound in the MH335HT is that it is bigger and ”brighter”. It is also more musical. With very smooth and extended trebles.

Whether you prefer the original MH335DW or the MH335HT will depend on what you place more emphasis on: the smooth extended trebles of the HT or the slightly more raw and life like sounds of the MH335DW. But the HT is definitely worth an audition now that Jaben Singapore has its own demo unit. :)

Sep 15, 2023 at 9:13 PM Post #6,508 of 6,694
As I continue to listen to the MH335HT, what I have noticed is that the musicality of the IEM is pretty outstanding. The bass is really impactful yet taut. The bass helps in setting up a soundstage that is deep as well as wide. In terms of the width of the sound stage, that’s where the effortless trebles comes in. Is this better than the MH335DWSR? Well, have a listen and see what you think. To me, the treble extension in the MH335HT is probably more relaxed and effortless. :)

Whilst I have enjoyed my time with the MH335HT, I think it is time for me to send it back to Jaben Singapore so that others may also give it a listen and decide which iteration of the MH335DW tickles their fancy. :)

[edit: Wilson reminded me that it is F1 weekend and so there is no rush. Will enjoy it during the weekend then. :wink: ]

IMG_9755.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2023 at 2:51 AM Post #6,509 of 6,694
Another demo unit which came across from Jaben Singapore yesterday is the H1. This is interesting as it comprises of just one Onkyo magnesium based BA driver and a tweeter for the highs. It is an interesting custom from FitEar because I really cannot say that I recall a FitEar custom with only one BA driver. Be that as it may, what I will say about the H1 is that it is musical and easy to listen to. Very FitEar in its tuning. And you can do not have to worry about cohesion as you might with too many drivers. Not that FitEar has any real issues even with more drivers.

I reckon that the H1 is probably in response to requests for simpler, more accessible FitEar customs. But it is still thoroughly enjoyable with the FitEar signature turning. :)

IMG_9753.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Acts
Back