The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Dec 3, 2014 at 7:52 PM Post #4,053 of 6,678
hi most of guys are using balanced toxic cables?

I have both 2.5 trrs and 3.5 trs plugs for my cables, both toxic and tralucent. Whether you get the former depends on whether you use one of the AKs with a balanced outout. I also have 3.5 trrs plugs for use with the balamced amp card of the HM802/901/650. :)

Dec 5, 2014 at 5:59 AM Post #4,054 of 6,678
Is anyone here using your Fitear with Theorem 720? I used the Parterre with it but there was hiss in the background. The hiss becomes louder as I turn the volume up. I hardly notice the hiss when the music is on but I'm worried that it may mask the small sound out. Unfortunately, I don't have other dac/amp to see how hiss affects the sound.

I'm going to receive the 335DW by Christmas. I think the hiss will be there, just less or more. Any recommendation on changing to another DAC/Amp or DAP?

Dec 5, 2014 at 6:30 AM Post #4,055 of 6,678
  Is anyone here using your Fitear with Theorem 720? I used the Parterre with it but there was hiss in the background. The hiss becomes louder as I turn the volume up. I hardly notice the hiss when the music is on but I'm worried that it may mask the small sound out. Unfortunately, I don't have other dac/amp to see how hiss affects the sound.

I'm going to receive the 335DW by Christmas. I think the hiss will be there, just less or more. Any recommendation on changing to another DAC/Amp or DAP?

I hope that I can receive my Centrance Mini M8 by Christmas. Will see if there's any hiss on my C435.

Dec 5, 2014 at 6:51 AM Post #4,056 of 6,678

All Fitear CIEMs/IEMs are very sensitive. You will definitely hear hissing from Theorem with 335DW. I recommend Duet, if you want very black background.

Dec 5, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #4,057 of 6,678

Hi 

I realise it's not portable (not sure if you want portable or desktop) but the Violectric v200 works very nicely with IEM's especially on low gain mode.  Paired with a nice DAC it's amazing.  For portable use maybe check the Geek Out 100 designed for IEM's.

Are you able to tell me your wait time for the 335DW build?

Thanks,

gav,

Dec 6, 2014 at 2:28 AM Post #4,058 of 6,678

I hope that I can receive my Centrance Mini M8 by Christmas. Will see if there's any hiss on my C435.

The mini M8 sounds tempting! I will try it when it's available in Japan.
  All Fitear CIEMs/IEMs are very sensitive. You will definitely hear hissing from Theorem with 335DW. I recommend Duet, if you want very black background.

Yea, I know they are sensitive :frowning2: . Actually I want to replace Theorem with another DAC/Amp for iDevices (or DAP). The theorem sounds really good for me but the hiss sometimes becomes annoying in vocal-only songs.

Hi 

I realise it's not portable (not sure if you want portable or desktop) but the Violectric v200 works very nicely with IEM's especially on low gain mode.  Paired with a nice DAC it's amazing.  For portable use maybe check the Geek Out 100 designed for IEM's.

Are you able to tell me your wait time for the 335DW build?

Thanks,
  gav,

Hi, thanks for your reply but I doesn't really want a desktop setup. The waiting time for 335DW is around 3 weeks in Japan.

Dec 6, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #4,059 of 6,678
I have both 2.5 trrs and 3.5 trs plugs for my cables, both toxic and tralucent. Whether you get the former depends on whether you use one of the AKs with a balanced outout. I also have 3.5 trrs plugs for use with the balamced amp card of the HM802/901/650. :)

tried ak120ii w wagnus proton. sound improvement quite significant compared to single ended original cable.

but not sure, improvement is from balanced out or the cable. lol.

considering for 001 cable. i read 005 is similar to 001 but not as thick sounding. :)

Dec 7, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #4,060 of 6,678
Have FitEar started selling them 006 cables yet? It seems that the 005 have been discontinued too.

Dec 9, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #4,063 of 6,678

hmm... thanks can I ask you a few more questions?
which sound sweeter?(for R&B or anything)I heard that 334 is shimmer and  i don't like roxanne style (too calm and no fun in music) if 335 is close to roxxane... than.....  :frowning2: 
What do you think?

Dec 9, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #4,064 of 6,678

hmm... thanks can I ask you a few more questions?
which sound sweeter?(for R&B or anything)I heard that 334 is shimmer and  i don't like roxanne style (too calm and no fun in music) if 335 is close to roxxane... than.....  :frowning2: 
What do you think?

Well it is hard to tell what you really like, because I find the Roxannes anything but "calm". They are very dynamic and punchy.

Dec 9, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #4,065 of 6,678
I think:

335 has excellent bass extension, 334 has smooth magical mids and c435 has excellent treble extension. Each fitear has its own strengths and you wld matchmake those based your repertoire of music. For RnB hiphop it would benefit from the bass extension of the 335, but thts just general rule of thumb i suppose...

Theres so much more to sound than just bass mids and trebles, it boils down to individual preference and what works for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back