The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Apr 13, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #2,642 of 6,694
I was chatting with a friend over the weekend and I said for my next custom, I would only trust Fitear as I worry about wait time, build quality and the ordeal of refit etc...
He told me that the VE6 Xcontrol is supposed to have the same build and sound quality. Has anyone tried VE6? How do they compare with Fitear? Seems the asking price is higher than Fitear so I expect nothing less...I guess

Can't describe sound well, but I auditioned the mh334 and ve6x control in jaben singapore and chose the mh334 in the end :wink:

Apr 14, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #2,645 of 6,694
Let's just say that almost anything else would be more musical and have more bass extension.
smily_headphones1.gif

Actually i tested the 335DW twice in different dates.

The first time i was so impressed by the 335DW performance which i thought it fulfill what i feel missing compared to UERM, which is fuller sound, sub bass extension and most importantly musical.

The second time i was not impressed by how i felt on first time. This time i felt the UERM got more edge than the 335DW which is better separation due to lack of sub bass extension (strength and weakness), crystal clear sound, more sensitive, better 3D images (holographic), and bigger soundstage.

Thus, it pulls me back from switching and spending money on it.

Apr 14, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #2,647 of 6,694

Actually i tested the 335DW twice in different dates.

The first time i was so impressed by the 335DW performance which i thought it fulfill what i feel missing compared to UERM, which is fuller sound, sub bass extension and most importantly musical.

The second time i was not impressed by how i felt on first time. This time i felt the UERM got more edge than the 335DW which is better separation due to lack of sub bass extension (strength and weakness), crystal clear sound, more sensitive, better 3D images (holographic), and bigger soundstage.

Thus, it pulls me back from switching and spending money on it.

I perfectly understand. The 335 is quite divisive. I think it has to do with whether you can get a good seal on the demo.

Frankly, you should go have a listen to the MH334 - it has a fuller sound compared to the UERM and is very musical.

If you want flat neutral sound, but which is rich in details and layers and soundstage, give the C435 a try. 

Hope that helps.

Apr 14, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #2,648 of 6,694
Can't describe sound well, but I auditioned the mh334 and ve6x control in jaben singapore and chose the mh334 in the end
wink.gif

Well, young lady, I think the reason is quite simple - the MH334 has better control overall. It also helps that the MH334 is very musical and organic - you can almost feel the ripple of the percussion. You will also be glad to know that it is a wonderful match with the AK240 which renders music so clearly, so that you have both clarity and musicality in the same set up. 
atsmile.gif

Apr 15, 2014 at 1:57 AM Post #2,649 of 6,694

Means? Not able to compare cause both of them have their own advantages?

Means they are entirely opposite of each other
And it's not meaningful to compare them
What u wan is apple to apple comparison, not apple to orange

Apr 15, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #2,650 of 6,694

I perfectly understand. The 335 is quite divisive. I think it has to do with whether you can get a good seal on the demo.

Frankly, you should go have a listen to the MH334 - it has a fuller sound compared to the UERM and is very musical.

If you want flat neutral sound, but which is rich in details and layers and soundstage, give the C435 a try. 

Hope that helps.

O? Noted. Next time i will try the C435 during Mook Festival. But i was already addicted to how holographic effect performed by UERM. 
redface.gif

Apr 15, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #2,651 of 6,694
O? Noted. Next time i will try the C435 during Mook Festival. But i was already addicted to how holographic effect performed by UERM. :xf_eek:

Then, you definitely have not heard the MH334 and the C435. :) just pop by Jaben for a try: they have demo sets for both.

Apr 15, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #2,652 of 6,694
Has anyone made a custom pair with the shells in color but the tips in clear? 
For the folks with black shells, is it opaque or transparent like the TG334? 

Curious to see those who have interesting (less common) combinations :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back