The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Mar 29, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #2,491 of 6,694
Lukalop,

I agree with AnakChan and Eve Tan: go and try universals first and you may find your way back here again. I myself started with universals before I settled on customs and more specifically in Fitears. It's a journey and it takes time to build up confidence to know what you are looking for. :)

Mar 29, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #2,492 of 6,694
Lukalop,

I agree with AnakChan and Eve Tan: go and try universals first and you may find your way back here again. I myself started with universals before I settled on customs and more specifically in Fitears. It's a journey and it takes time to build up confidence to know what you are looking for.
smily_headphones1.gif

Looking at you sig, looks like you have made the journey.  Do you prefer your iems or over ears more?  

I personally drifted to iems after mid tiered over ears(650,701,880 600ohms).  Something about iems I really like more than over ears.  Probably the noise isolation, and the more intimacy with the sound, and the clarity.

Mar 29, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #2,493 of 6,694
And honestly, if you really do decide on FitEars... you're going to have a rough time trying to purchase them. I do wish you luck on your audio journey. 

Something I'd like to point out about your "search for the best." The problem is that, when it comes to earphones at the level you want them to compete at, the hierarchy doesn't scale linearly. It sort of branches out like a fan, with ever more options for a particular interest. In other words, there is no "best" earphone, although there might be a tier of highly regarded earphones. You will have to choose which one suits your tastes. In THAT bracket, there is no universal winner, only a personal winner. 

Again, you really do have to hear it for yourself. I've found reading reviews never helped me in my search for my personal headphone, but of course, YMMV. 
I always recommend to not jump straight to the top, because the journey is part of the fun. There are awesome iems in the 300-500$ range from Shure, ATH, Inear, Nuforce, Fischer Audio, etc. that cover a wide range of signatures, can help you discover what you really want and are easy to resell.

This is all the more true knowing that the Fitear house sound is very polarizing. Some really love it but I know some people who REALLY do not like the 335. I really enjoy the 335 and will get one when I have the opportunity but would not want it as my only custom.

Mar 30, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #2,494 of 6,694
^ /me raises hand.

He is totally right. I dislike the 335DW myself, if you are not sure what you like most don't make the jump and be disappointed or regreting the purchase.

Mar 30, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #2,496 of 6,694
  Point noted. Why is it that with fitears though, the connector unit protrudes from the shell?

They have their own proprietary connector that's alot stronger than what the industry standard uses. The protuding unit is to accomodate that. If I'm not mistaken, it's also used in some Sennheiser headphones (although not exactly the same thing).

Mar 30, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #2,498 of 6,694
  Interesting. But they are two pin, don't the majority of CIEMs use two pin connectors?

You should search up a comparison with their connectors and the regular westone type connectors. I'm sure you'll be able to find a difference.

Mar 31, 2014 at 12:48 AM Post #2,499 of 6,694
Looking at you sig, looks like you have made the journey.  Do you prefer your iems or over ears more?  

I personally drifted to iems after mid tiered over ears(650,701,880 600ohms).  Something about iems I really like more than over ears.  Probably the noise isolation, and the more intimacy with the sound, and the clarity.

Silver ears, no real preference really. Each serves a different purpose or is appropriate in their own space and time.

I like to enjoy my cans at home. Where I don't have to worry about noise isolation or portability. And I can enjoy the soundstage cans bring, the smoothness and power of desktop DACs and amps.

When I am traveling or at work, I use my iems which offer sound isolation and can be driven out of DAPs or portable amps. Of course, iems will be as a rule more intimate.

As for the sound sig, that largely depends on the make of can or iem. :)

Mar 31, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #2,501 of 6,694

So I'm not sure what I'm supposed to feel when seeing these photos. Suyuma san really nailed it this time, he far surpassed my expectations and I bet that's the same for everyone here. Having 4 sub woofers is no mean feat, and to top it off, a titanium tube for the tweeter! This is just insane I tell you, this is out of this world!

Mar 31, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #2,502 of 6,694
Which do you find more interesting? His new universal or his new 3d printed custom?

I know for sure ill be getting some custom over the summer (booked my flight already to HK), dunno if i want to upgrade from the TG334 to the Gatling.

But yea, this is all speculation.

Mar 31, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #2,503 of 6,694

So I'm not sure what I'm supposed to feel when seeing these photos. Suyuma san really nailed it this time, he far surpassed my expectations and I bet that's the same for everyone here. Having 4 sub woofers is no mean feat, and to top it off, a titanium tube for the tweeter! This is just insane I tell you, this is out of this world!

Could you translate what he put pn the site?

Mar 31, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #2,504 of 6,694
"Dekai Mimi Gentei" (Big Ear Limited) technology sounds like some anime gangsta term!!
Anyways, I'm not believing anything posted on April 1st. Will wait a day.

The TG-Gatling looks bad-ass though.

Edit: My Japanese is rusty (been years since I lived there), but did I read something about hormones in the description? If so, What?!!

Mar 31, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #2,505 of 6,694
its said april fools when I clicked the link

Users who are viewing this thread

Back