The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Feb 24, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #2,236 of 6,678
Next time I'll have my phone number printed on the shell. And the words "reward if found".

Heheh! The message will have to be split into two parts since you are limited to 10 characters on either side. :)

Feb 24, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #2,238 of 6,678
"Reward"

Feb 24, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #2,242 of 6,678
  Congrats on the 334, Kiats.

Look forward to some thoughts. Enjoy!!!

I thought I would drop some thoughts as I have been sitting alone in my office since 7, with my MH334 (with Tralucent Silver/Gold) off the IEM amp card on the HM 802.

While the MH334 is not as astonishingly clear or as balanced as as the 435, it is nonetheless very clear and transparent, but the main difference being a slight treble roll off (compared to the treble extension of the 435) and more bass kick (which is nonetheless quite tight). It is as if Fitear shifted the emphasis down one notch down from treble towards bass.

Of course, all this time, my impression of the MH 334 has been honed by my many listening sessions with the Jaben Singapore demo. Well, now that I have the actual custom in my ear, I am happy to report that the demo unit is an accurate reflection of the MH 334, save that the custom is better: because it fits snugly next to the bone of where your ear is - you get the magical resonance and timbre which you may not get when you are using a universal like the TG 334 where the only impact you get is through the eartip.

I am listening to the Acoustic album from Above & Beyond: the MH 334 has the perfect mix of clarity, musicality and bass to bring across the magic of that album. :)

Feb 24, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #2,243 of 6,678
Congrats on the arrival of your new toy Kiats shifu!  
atsmile.gif
 More to come in the near future?  

Feb 24, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #2,245 of 6,678
Uh... I donno who purchased another IEM when collecting the MH334, but it certainly wasn't me... ;p 

Feb 24, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #2,246 of 6,678
  Congrats on the arrival of your new toy Kiats shifu!  
atsmile.gif
 More to come in the near future?  

Whilst one never says never, more in the near future is not being currently contemplated.
atsmile.gif
 Time to focus on enjoying the music. 
L3000.gif

Feb 25, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #2,247 of 6,678
Does anyone have recommendations for a case that is just slightly larger than the Westone Travel zipper (pictured)? 
The 335s currently sit just nice when coiled properly.
It wouldn't fit once the SW cable arrives (had tried the Fitear zipper case, too big for my liking)

Feb 25, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #2,248 of 6,678
  Does anyone have recommendations for a case that is just slightly larger than the Westone Travel zipper (pictured)? 
The 335s currently sit just nice when coiled properly.
It wouldn't fit once the SW cable arrives (had tried the Fitear zipper case, too big for my liking)

The Fitear zipper case fits my Silver Poison quite tightly.
Now you're talking about the Silver Widow. You can try the fitear case or something bigger. It's not favorable to coil your cables so tightly.

Feb 25, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #2,249 of 6,678
The Fitear zipper case fits my Silver Poison quite tightly.
Now you're talking about the Silver Widow. You can try the fitear case or something bigger. It's not favorable to coil your cables so tightly.

Hmm..why not? Part of the advantage of flexible cables is being able to make them more compact easily than stiff ones.
In the case of the Westone zipper, I use a loose 3-finger coil and it fits in fine. No forcing or sharp bends.
The Fitear one is nice but its way too big for my pockets.
I remembered someone used a square shaped UE zipper case with success, but i can't find the picture now.

Feb 25, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #2,250 of 6,678
Hmm..why not? Part of the advantage of flexible cables is being able to make them more compact easily than stiff ones.
In the case of the Westone zipper, I use a loose 3-finger coil and it fits in fine. No forcing or sharp bends.
The Fitear one is nice but its way too big for my pockets.
I remembered someone used a square shaped UE zipper case with success, but i can't find the picture now.

Ah... The SW is thicker than the 001 which you currently are using. Hence, you will find that the Fitear case will be a more snug fit than may first appear.

As for the SW, while it may be less stiff than the 001, it may nonetheless be damaged if rolled in too small coils. Even if not immediately apparent, with the accretion of time, there may be degradation nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back