The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Dec 13, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #6,391 of 6,678
Dec 13, 2022 at 11:05 AM Post #6,392 of 6,678
Interesting. Fitear themselves and their retailers (even those maintaining close relationships with Suyama-san the man) had always promote the titan and Air2 having a Fostex single 9mm driver. On the other hand, for models using this dual setup (e.g. DC ti) it would be spelt out explicitly - you can see that on Fitear's product page, so it normally isn't something Suyama-san would wanna keep under covers. Never was it mentioned on any materials that the titan is a dual DD.
719390A2-9814-4515-956F-E57F4822AF56.png

AB0F2BC9-FBE4-4773-A96F-FB14AD6D05C6.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2022 at 12:10 AM Post #6,393 of 6,678

Yeah exactly, while it isn't 100% explicit, one would understand it as "a" 9mm Fostex DD no matter how you read it.

Dec 14, 2022 at 4:28 AM Post #6,394 of 6,678
Yeah exactly, while it isn't 100% explicit, one would understand it as "a" 9mm Fostex DD no matter how you read it.
I guess whoever told you titan only has 1 DD is absolutely wrong, I just asked Suyama-san about this, and he said I am right (picture posted below). I would guess there might be translation mistakes on the official website with Google Translate.

Attachments

• Air 2 and Titan.png
    Air 2 and Titan.png
    183.6 KB · Views: 0
Dec 14, 2022 at 9:33 PM Post #6,395 of 6,678
I guess whoever told you titan only has 1 DD is absolutely wrong, I just asked Suyama-san about this, and he said I am right (picture posted below). I would guess there might be translation mistakes on the official website with Google Translate.
that's quite clear and conclusive that titan comes with 2 DDs :relaxed:

despite the two full range DDs (assuming the same fostex driver is used in DC Ti/Titan/Air2 and both driven the same way "inline"; i guess the crossover will only be applied to the tweeter but not the full range DDs) are the same, my DC Ti and universal titan sound quite differently. i think this reaffirms that there'll be profound impact from tuning - the 3 tunings of justear sound so different it's hard to believe they all use the same DD and BA drivers in all variations.

Dec 14, 2022 at 10:36 PM Post #6,396 of 6,678

If he could tell you that, it'd really help clearing the long-held confusion by correcting the info on the website. It is not wholly the fault of Google translate, this vital piece of info was not made explicit by Fitear themselves. I can read some Japanese and the original text didn't show the 2 DD nor the inline dual dynamic thing at all. On the contrary, they did make it explicit for the DC Ti page, very clear.

Dec 14, 2022 at 10:49 PM Post #6,397 of 6,678
If he could tell you that, it'd really help clearing the long-held confusion by correcting the info on the website. It is not wholly the fault of Google translate, this vital piece of info was not made explicit by Fitear themselves. I can read some Japanese and the original text didn't show the 2 DD nor the inline dual dynamic thing at all. On the contrary, they did make it explicit for the DC Ti page, very clear.
At least now we are sure that titan and air2 are both 2DDs with a BA tweeter. I would guess in the beginning he tries to hide the parts of air2 and titan, so the official website shows nothing, but later on he explained but did not change the official website.

Dec 14, 2022 at 10:53 PM Post #6,398 of 6,678
that's quite clear and conclusive that titan comes with 2 DDs :relaxed:

despite the two full range DDs (assuming the same fostex driver is used in DC Ti/Titan/Air2 and both driven the same way "inline"; i guess the crossover will only be applied to the tweeter but not the full range DDs) are the same, my DC Ti and universal titan sound quite differently. i think this reaffirms that there'll be profound impact from tuning - the 3 tunings of justear sound so different it's hard to believe they all use the same DD and BA drivers in all variations.
Feeling the same way, I have listened to titan universal, air2 demo, DC, and DCTi, it feels like there are commons in low range but still very different in overall tuning.

Mar 6, 2023 at 7:52 AM Post #6,399 of 6,678
Is it possible to remould?, reshell?, refit? my fitear customs? I'm not sure what the correct term is but, I have had my fitear mh335dwsr for more than 7-8 years I believe and the fit is getting worse.

What I want is for them to take an impression and do the earphones based on that impression. I am the original owner.

Thanks !

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #6,400 of 6,678
Is it possible to remould?, reshell?, refit? my fitear customs? I'm not sure what the correct term is but, I have had my fitear mh335 for more than 7-8 years I believe and the fit is getting worse.

What I want is for them to take an impression and do the earphones based on that impression. I am the original owner.

Thanks !

As far as I know, FitEar does refit for original owners. You can send them an email on how to proceed. Best if you get in touch with Distributors if you’re outside Japan.

Mar 25, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #6,401 of 6,678
It has been a while since I have spent a fair bit of time on my FitEars. But inspired by Can Jam SG today and meeting up some fellow head-fiers from overseas and Singapore, I pulled out my Luxury Precision LP6 TI 7AE and the DC Ti (paired with Eletech Socrates 8) for a longer listen. I sometimes forget how blessed I am. :)

6F955C0B-2936-454E-9A64-54D587A73519.jpeg

Apr 7, 2023 at 5:53 AM Post #6,402 of 6,678
my universal titan sounds so great that i eventually got the ciem too :cold_sweat:

indeed as Kiats advised before, the sound is very similar between the universal and the cm ver (despite the CM size is much bigger). just the fitting is much better in the cm ver. . . . but i should have save me some $ to buy the CM ver in the beginning . . .

Attachments

• 20230407_155122.jpg
    20230407_155122.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230407_154521.jpg
    20230407_154521.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Apr 7, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #6,403 of 6,678
my universal titan sounds so great that i eventually got the ciem too :cold_sweat:

indeed as Kiats advised before, the sound is very similar between the universal and the cm ver (despite the CM size is much bigger). just the fitting is much better in the cm ver. . . . but i should have save me some $ to buy the CM ver in the beginning . . .
Congrats! Glad to hear the custom fits well. But then again, Suyama san never fails with his customs. Yeah… you will notice that the resonance from the titanium shell as well. :)

No worries man. So, you know that in the future, if you like one of the FitEars, just get the custom.

Apr 7, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #6,404 of 6,678
Congrats! Glad to hear the custom fits well. But then again, Suyama san never fails with his customs. Yeah… you will notice that the resonance from the titanium shell as well. :)

No worries man. So, you know that in the future, if you like one of the FitEars, just get the custom.
i listened at rather reasonable volume (<80dB except the most dynamic passage) so didn't really feel the rumbling bass from my DC Ti or Titans. but i did literally sense that bass rumbling (probably due to the BCD?) in Legend EVO and XE6. not sure if there's any substantial sonic change to the forthcoming DC Ag Suyama san shown in twitter several times?

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2023 at 9:16 PM Post #6,405 of 6,678
i listened at rather reasonable volume (<80dB except the most dynamic passage) so didn't really feel the rumbling bass from my DC Ti or Titans. but i did literally sense that bass rumbling (probably due to the BCD?) in Legend EVO and XE6. not sure if there's any substantial sonic change to the forthcoming DC Ag Suyama san shown in twitter several times?
it would depend on the piece of music itself. :wink: Enjoy your DC Ti. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back