The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Nov 24, 2022 at 8:59 AM Post #6,376 of 6,678
Exactly! Bespoke 6 wires cable from Nightjar Acoustics, thanks to @efftee collaboration ! It sounds like the Aqua but without its stiffness :relaxed:

NJ_DC_TI_Cable.jpeg

NJ_DC_Ti_Cable_2.jpeg
A bit thick like the PWA cables though…

Nov 24, 2022 at 9:00 AM Post #6,377 of 6,678
I’ll go visit them tomorrow for a demo again.

I’m holding out for the custom one as well haha
I actually had a listen today when I was there. Actually, perhaps make sure you have a proper seal with the ear tips to cut out the “hot” trebles. That’s the bummer with universals. Anyway, I did enjoy the EST Ti. It seemed to be more nimble and had more treble extension compared to the EST. Will wait patiently for the customs. :)

Dec 10, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #6,378 of 6,678
after listening my DC Ti for a week or so, I found the fit and comfort to be really outstanding. easily the best CIEM i've got. but i actually like the sound of my titan universal a bit more (more expansive). i vaguely remember the uiem DC Ti demo i've heard was also very expansive sounding (more so than my ciem). i was wondering if the titan uiem and ciem would have a lot of difference in sound? i'm wondering if the difference is big enough to justify for me to go get a ciem titan too . . .

any fitear titan owners have experience in both ciem and uiem versions could share your view on this? Thanks!

Dec 11, 2022 at 7:29 AM Post #6,379 of 6,678
after listening my DC Ti for a week or so, I found the fit and comfort to be really outstanding. easily the best CIEM i've got. but i actually like the sound of my titan universal a bit more (more expansive). i vaguely remember the uiem DC Ti demo i've heard was also very expansive sounding (more so than my ciem). i was wondering if the titan uiem and ciem would have a lot of difference in sound? i'm wondering if the difference is big enough to justify for me to go get a ciem titan too . . .

any fitear titan owners have experience in both ciem and uiem versions could share your view on this? Thanks!

I think you may want to let the DC Ti burn in some more before making any decisions. :) the DC Ti has 2 DDs which will take a while to burn in and settle down.

In terms of whether the soundstage is more expansive on the Titan, it is because the Titan only has one DD and hence the sound is less dark. :) Besides, you are judging the DC Ti custom vs a Titan has been burned in.

So, perhaps wait a while. The demo unit you heard at the store (I assume would be the universal the memory of which you are making the comparison) is likely to be more burned in after all the customers who have listened to it.

I have listened to the DC Ti in universal demo form and the custom form. Provided you get a proper seal with the universal, it sounded about the same between both format. :)

Dec 11, 2022 at 8:02 AM Post #6,380 of 6,678
I think you may want to let the DC Ti burn in some more before making any decisions. :) the DC Ti has 2 DDs which will take a while to burn in and settle down.

In terms of whether the soundstage is more expansive on the Titan, it is because the Titan only has one DD and hence the sound is less dark. :) Besides, you are judging the DC Ti custom vs a Titan has been burned in.

So, perhaps wait a while. The demo unit you heard at the store (I assume would be the universal the memory of which you are making the comparison) is likely to be more burned in after all the customers who have listened to it.

I have listened to the DC Ti in universal demo form and the custom form. Provided you get a proper seal with the universal, it sounded about the same between both format. :)
Thanks for your advice! yes i believe i better off spend my budget on something a bit more different after cooling off my mind. and i just saw some very good deal for noble kublai khan and after demo, it seems on par with EE legend EVO. i'm thinking to go that direction instead now:stuck_out_tongue:

btw, i though both titan and DC Ti have 2DD but just different tweeters (as many said so on the web). i just went back to check fitear's product description page and indeed DC Ti specifically mentioned 2 DD drivers but the titan only mentioned the use of BA + DD.

Dec 11, 2022 at 8:30 AM Post #6,381 of 6,678
Thanks for your advice! yes i believe i better off spend my budget on something a bit more different after cooling off my mind. and i just saw some very good deal for noble kublai khan and after demo, it seems on par with EE legend EVO. i'm thinking to go that direction instead now:stuck_out_tongue:

btw, i though both titan and DC Ti have 2DD but just different tweeters (as many said so on the web). i just went back to check fitear's product description page and indeed DC Ti specifically mentioned 2 DD drivers but the titan only mentioned the use of BA + DD.
Indeed… The other thing about the DC Ti/DC is that they shine with more driving power. Whereas the Air2/Titan are easier to drive. Difference being the number of DDs. I will confess to listening to the DC previously off my desktop amplifiers because DAPs did not have as much power. It is less of an issue now with DAPs like the LP6, P6Pro, M9 and the like.

Enjoy your time with the FitEars. :)

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2022 at 8:35 AM Post #6,382 of 6,678

Titan is 2DDs + 1BA and DC Ti is 2DDs + 1 EST

Dec 12, 2022 at 1:49 AM Post #6,383 of 6,678
Dec 12, 2022 at 4:42 AM Post #6,384 of 6,678
Actually, for me (YMMV), after being a FitEar CIEM user for quite a while, I tend to pay less attention to the number of drivers FitEar used. So far, I have been enjoying the music for all the models that I have owned, and it used much less drivers than some of the brands out there in the market. Also, for custom comfort and fit wise, it is one time sure-fit for me and easily when it is popped into my ears, I can listen to it for very long :)

Dec 12, 2022 at 10:05 PM Post #6,386 of 6,678
Dec 12, 2022 at 10:11 PM Post #6,387 of 6,678
I don't know where you get that info but that's plainly untrue.
Suyama-San said it himself that titan and air2 both had 2DDs + 1BA, if u go and check his twitter you will find it. And here is the picture posted by himself. He called it したインラインなんちゃらデュアルユニット( In-line Dual Unit). And I do not know where u guys got the info that there is only 1 DD in titan.

Attachments

• B4AEF446-F36B-495A-B430-D1B06F46C4E2.jpeg
    B4AEF446-F36B-495A-B430-D1B06F46C4E2.jpeg
    32.7 KB · Views: 0
Dec 12, 2022 at 10:52 PM Post #6,388 of 6,678
Suyama-San said it himself that titan and air2 both had 2DDs + 1BA, if u go and check his twitter you will find it. And here is the picture posted by himself. He called it したインラインなんちゃらデュアルユニット( In-line Dual Unit). And I do not know where u guys got the info that there is only 1 DD in titan.

Interesting. Fitear themselves and their retailers (even those maintaining close relationships with Suyama-san the man) had always promote the titan and Air2 having a Fostex single 9mm driver. On the other hand, for models using this dual setup (e.g. DC ti) it would be spelt out explicitly - you can see that on Fitear's product page, so it normally isn't something Suyama-san would wanna keep under covers. Never was it mentioned on any materials that the titan is a dual DD.

Dec 12, 2022 at 11:21 PM Post #6,389 of 6,678
Interesting. Fitear themselves and their retailers (even those maintaining close relationships with Suyama-san the man) had always promote the titan and Air2 having a Fostex single 9mm driver. On the other hand, for models using this dual setup (e.g. DC ti) it would be spelt out explicitly - you can see that on Fitear's product page, so it normally isn't something Suyama-san would wanna keep under covers. Never was it mentioned on any materials that the titan is a dual DD.
You should go check it out. https://twitter.com/kindo3/status/931922218765893632.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back