The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Sep 2, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #3,631 of 6,700
Sep 3, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #3,632 of 6,700
Does Anyone know a place in Hong Kong I can take my HPL cable and get the connector changed from Shure to Fitear?  (hoping to save time/postage sending back to US or UK).  Thanks.

Sep 3, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #3,633 of 6,700
Finally got my Fitears after a long wait of 4 months + 2 days. But…..sigh…..looks like I gotta send it back……...

I actually get very good seal and isolation on both sides. The seal won't break with any head or jaw movement. No pain or discomfort whatsoever too.

But….I felt the left ear piece inserted deeper compared to the right, and it sounded more veiled/muffled as well, such that the whole balance of the music is shifted to the right, well off-centre. The sound is more balanced if I loosen the left earpiece a little, but even so I still detect a slight veil on the left compared to the right.

Upon examination, I noticed that the canal length of the left earpiece is visibly longer than that of the right earpiece. I suspect the problem could be due to this, as the longer canal length of the left earpiece may have affected the angle of the sound tubes/bores which in turn caused the veil.  

Well…….heading back to Jaben soon for them to take a look, and most probably have to incur more waiting time while it's being fixed…..  unlucky me.

Sep 3, 2014 at 6:25 AM Post #3,634 of 6,700
Finally got my Fitears after a long wait of 4 months + 2 days. But…..sigh…..looks like I gotta send it back……...

I actually get very good seal and isolation on both sides. The seal won't break with any head or jaw movement. No pain or discomfort whatsoever too.

But….I felt the left ear piece inserted deeper compared to the right, and it sounded more veiled/muffled as well, such that the whole balance of the music is shifted to the right, well off-centre. The sound is more balanced if I loosen the left earpiece a little, but even so I still detect a slight veil on the left compared to the right.

Upon examination, I noticed that the canal length of the left earpiece is visibly longer than that of the right earpiece. I suspect the problem could be due to this, as the longer canal length of the left earpiece may have affected the angle of the sound tubes/bores which in turn caused the veil.  

Well…….heading back to Jaben soon for them to take a look, and most probably have to incur more waiting time while it's being fixed…..  unlucky me.

Sorry to hear that. Bummer! :frowning2:

Sep 3, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #3,635 of 6,700
Sorry to hear that. Bummer!
frown.gif

Sigh, I'm very sad too. 

I was really looking forward to receiving my Fitears after hearing all the glorious reviews about their high quality, despite the much longer wait time this time around. But when I saw the different canal lengths between the left and right earpieces of my CIEMs, I felt kind of bemused as I thought such issues should not have happened in the first place.

Sep 3, 2014 at 7:52 AM Post #3,638 of 6,700
The new batch of fitear customs is in? Ordered mine on 24/5. Was wondering if it may be in this current batch...

I ordered mine in the first week of May and there is still no news of my order as well. I certainly hope that I will not need to send it back for any refit. *fingers crossed*

Sep 3, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #3,639 of 6,700
The new batch of fitear customs is in? Ordered mine on 24/5. Was wondering if it may be in this current batch...

Likely to be next batch, I fear.

Sep 3, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #3,640 of 6,700
Since FitEar does have this long of a waiting period, I'm curious if maybe some of the rare misfits may be due to the canal shape changing drastically in the span of a couple months.

Sep 3, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #3,642 of 6,700
Surprised with the posts relating to needing refits over the last couple of batches.

One of the reasons I went for FitEar was because all the stuff I'd read online led me to assume that chances of needing a refit were far lower compared to most other brands. Mine came out fine first time. Perhaps I was just lucky.

Just hope FitEar aren't overstretched with a huge backlog of orders that it's starting to adversely affect their quality control.

Sep 3, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #3,643 of 6,700
Since FitEar does have this long of a waiting period, I'm curious if maybe some of the rare misfits may be due to the canal shape changing drastically in the span of a couple months.

This sounds plausible. Perhaps there was some weight gain or a growth spurt during the wait, or maybe they had their impressions made while having a cold?

Makes me wonder how long my 335s will fit before my body "outgrows" them, though at my age, the only way to grow is sideways....

Sep 3, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #3,644 of 6,700
Only supermodels can change weight so fast in a few months :wink:

Sep 3, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #3,645 of 6,700
If they were, we'd be supermodels.

Yes I'm totally aware our ears are not symmetrical. I was however under the impression that the canal lengths shouldn't differ visibly, but there's every chance I could be wrong here.

I have another pair of CIEM from another brand with perfect fit and the canals on those looked equal in length to me. The veil/muffle problem also seemed similar to the tell-tale signs of incorrect sound tube angle described on The Headphonelist's CIEM fit guide. Hence my suspicion about the left canal issue.

For my Fitears, I did feel that the LHS earpiece inserted deeper compared to the RHS earpiece, with the RHS piece feeling totally comfortable and sounding absolutely awesome.

Perhaps existing Fitear owners can share whether your CIEMs have visibly different canal lengths?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back