The first balanced ultra-portable headphone amp in the world....
Mar 13, 2010 at 4:05 AM Post #811 of 902
20100317090949.jpg

Now charging.

Thanks Ray.

Mar 13, 2010 at 2:57 PM Post #813 of 902
Hi Samuels san,
Mine has arrived. Thank you !

Protector is smaller than I thought. I still have not received my Wiplash protector cable, so I hooked up with recently bought UE18 using SE.
They sounded damn good and musical, sounded pleasant to my ears as always.
Can't wait to try with balanced
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 14, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #814 of 902
Payment sent for black Protector and 4 connectors.
Thanks!

Ron Kerlin (aka: HiFlight)

Mar 15, 2010 at 12:56 PM Post #817 of 902
Payment sent for black Protector & 4 connectors.

Thanks Ray!

Mar 15, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #819 of 902
Hi Ray,
having my Protector charged and still plug-in as suggested, and try on several Headphones included HF-2 and K-701 on Single-ended since I still have no-time to rewire my headphone to the new adapter's..... Amazing enough, I tested on Hifiman HE-5, normally very difficult to drive by normal full-size headphone amp!, the Protector delivered on single-ended on HE-5 at 3 O'Clock Volume setting with eased ......without heated up either, Wow....my next test would be the balanced part!!!
I really love it already, even if this still very new and needed to burn for at least 100+ hours,....
Whew'..... a very Powerful Amp!!!!
Cheers,
Tadj

Mar 15, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #821 of 902
Ray, thank you so much for this wonderful piece of art. I'm using my newly received UE 18s with just STOCK cables via SE mode and they pair amazingly well with the protector. I dare say they have a sound stage even larger than that of the 13s!

I am taking my time with SE mode before i switch over to balanced mode ala TWag.

*Note-You should recommend this as the CHOICE with UE customs lol

Mar 15, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #822 of 902
Ray, I order the protector and three male and two female balance connectors but received all five male connectors. Is the female connector not available or was it an error. Please advise, Thanks.

Mar 15, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #823 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ray, I order the protector and three male and two female balance connectors but received all five male connectors. Is the female connector not available or was it an error. Please advise, Thanks.

I only have the one that goes on the headphone side. Sorry I do not have the other. The one that goes on the brd of the Protector is PC brd type, that will not work for you.
See the picture of the Kobiconn connectors, there is one just like the one on the Protector face plate but it is panel mount. That is the one you want & you can purchase it from Mouser Electronics, Part # is 163-156N-1-E
Sorry.
Ray Samuels

Mar 16, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #824 of 902
Thanls for the info.

Mar 16, 2010 at 5:11 AM Post #825 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I only have the one that goes on the headphone side. Sorry I do not have the other. The one that goes on the brd of the Protector is PC brd type, that will not work for you.
See the picture of the Kobiconn connectors, there is one just like the one on the Protector face plate but it is panel mount. That is the one you want & you can purchase it from Mouser Electronics, Part # is 163-156N-1-E
Sorry.
Ray Samuels

Ray, this amp is great! The sound with my HD600 is really opening up by 100 hours now, and it's actually passed up my P-51 with at least 1000 hours. Wow. The P-51 has always been good, but the Protector is now more transparent and spacious with my HD600 (with TWag 4-pin adapter > 4-pin balanced APS V3 cable). I'm not BS'ing here. I almost forgot how much some of these amps improve as you put hours on them.
tongue.gif

What we need next is a balanced portable amp with an internal 24/96 USB DAC which feeds a balanced signal through the internal connections to the amp section, and all in a package half as thick. Okay, maybe a little ambitious. So, the same size or slightly longer is still fine.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back