The Final Audio D8000 Pro Collector’s Edition is now available for pre-order at Headphones.com!
Nov 29, 2022 at 3:13 PM Post #62 of 109
Just simply—> drool->amazing packaging and presentation - congrats, I’m sure they will sound as good as they look.
I still love my final d8000s - they are a treat.

What kind of music do you like to listen to most on your D8000s?

Jan 25, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #64 of 109
D8000 Pro in my case, classical music, ost's, videogames, some kpop/pop, rap sometimes

Excels in classical music

Thanks! Classical music is definetly a recurring thing we've heard of that these specialize in.

Do you listen to any binaural recordings?

Feb 13, 2023 at 7:25 AM Post #65 of 109
This is very interesting to me because D8000 is my favorite headphone. I also had the D8000pro but I felt it was lacking the deep bass the D8000 has. I am reluctant to getting the D8000 limited because I’m worried it would sound too much like the D8000pro instead of the D8000. Would you say the limited edition bass sounds closer to the D8000 or the D8000pro?

Feb 13, 2023 at 7:27 AM Post #66 of 109
I have only found one relatively detailed review but it had to be translated by Google for me to read it and well ...it was not the easiest read. The article did say only two have been produced thus far, one for Final Audio inventory and one for touring. The article compares the limited edition to the D8000 Pro, DCA Stealth, and Solitaire. In case anyone is interested, here is the link.

https://hifiphilosophy.com/recenzja-final-d8000-pro-limited-edition/?caly-artykul=1
This is very interesting to me because D8000 is my favorite headphone. I also had the D8000pro but I felt it was lacking the deep bass the D8000 has. I am reluctant to getting the D8000 limited because I’m worried it would sound too much like the D8000pro instead of the D8000. Would you say the limited edition bass sounds closer to the D8000 or the D8000pro?

Feb 13, 2023 at 7:28 AM Post #67 of 109
I haven't heard it, but considering it's a limited run of the Pro, I'd expect it to be closer to the Pros sound signature.

The pads change it a little, but drivers and tuning should align with the Pro

Feb 13, 2023 at 8:05 AM Post #68 of 109
I've shared this on the D8000 thread but will say it here too.
I've never heard the regular D8K, but Having owned the D8K pro for a long time and the LE over a month,
I can say at 100% that LE and the regular Pro are not the same exact headphone. I spent a lot hours A/Bing to be sure of that.

Not only the new pads slightly change the tuning, but the driver damping must have changed too. I know this cause I swapped the pads and the LE with the pro pads doesn't sound like the regular pro at all, it sounded bassier and warmer. In the other hand, the regular pro with the LE washi pads, sounded bass light and brighter. This means that the driver of the LE has been tuned to match the new washi pads, which makes total sense.

That said, the sound profile of both is really close. Id say that both have almost the same bass quantity, the main differences are in the highs, where the LE sounds a bit more relaxed and "natural" to my ears. The LE also has a better spacial presentation overall.

PD. A pic of these 2 beauties.

IMG20230116171556.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #69 of 109
I've never heard the regular D8K, but Having owned the D8K pro for a long time and the LE over a month,
I can say at 100% that LE and the regular Pro are not the same exact headphone. I spent a lot hours A/Bing to be sure of that.

Not only the new pads slightly change the tuning, but the driver damping must have changed too. I know this cause I swapped the pads and the LE with the pro pads doesn't sound like the regular pro at all, it sounded bassier and warmer. In the other hand, the regular pro with the LE washi pads, sounded bass light and brighter. This means that the driver of the LE has been tuned to match the new washi pads, which makes total sense.

That said, the sound profile of both is really close. Id say that both have almost the same bass quantity, the main differences are in the highs, where the LE sounds a bit more relaxed and "natural" to my ears. The LE also has a better spacial presentation overall.

IMG20230116171556.jpg
I think they are the same headphone. The pads are changing the sound sig slightly I imagine. The Washi pads are quite different (material wise) than the G-type pads. I think this is the main difference?

Feb 13, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #70 of 109
I think they are the same headphone. The pads are changing the sound sig slightly I imagine. The Washi pads are quite different (material wise) than the G-type pads. I think this is the main difference
I thought that at first, but If they were the same exact headphone, they would sound exactly the same after the pad swap (I mean the LE with the regular pro pads should sound just like the regular pro and viceversa).
Im almost certain that the LE driver is damped according to the new washi pads. Of course they tried to match the tuning of the regular D8K Pro, but there are noticiable differences.
If you ever get the chance to A/B them, you will get what I mean.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #71 of 109
I think they are the same headphone. The pads are changing the sound sig slightly I imagine. The Washi pads are quite different (material wise) than the G-type pads. I think this is the main difference?
They're not the same. Many of us have already expressed this, Im in a telegram with 30+ owners of d8000proLE and anyone who has compared them to the OG has said they sound different mostly in the bass and soundstage some saying LE might be a few % more resolving.

Feb 14, 2023 at 5:35 AM Post #72 of 109
^^ very interesting fellas. Thank you. Definitely a surprise and I certainly hope to try them at some exhibit to confirm some of your feelings. 👍✌️

Feb 15, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #73 of 109

IMG20230116171556.jpg
I thought that at first, but If they were the same exact headphone, they would sound exactly the same after the pad swap (I mean the LE with the regular pro pads should sound just like the regular pro and viceversa).
Im almost certain that the LE driver is damped according to the new washi pads. Of course they tried to match the tuning of the regular D8K Pro, but there are noticiable differences.
If you ever get the chance to A/B them, you will get what I mean.
They're not the same. Many of us have already expressed this, Im in a telegram with 30+ owners of d8000proLE and anyone who has compared them to the OG has said they sound different mostly in the bass and soundstage some saying LE might be a few % more resolving.
^^ very interesting fellas. Thank you. Definitely a surprise and I certainly hope to try them at some exhibit to confirm some of your feelings. 👍✌️

Lovely side by side photo and discussion guys, thanks you!

@GoldenOne should be able to comment with some side by side thoughts he recently had trying both as well.

Feb 15, 2023 at 6:00 PM Post #74 of 109
Lovely side by side photo and discussion guys, thanks you!

@GoldenOne should be able to comment with some side by side thoughts he recently had trying both as well.
Yeah I'm not 100% sure what has changed, but they're definitely not the same headphone.
I've heard from multiple others now that the LE can get louder before clipping which indicates a difference in driver or damping, and also reports that even doing a padswap of the LE pads onto the standard D8K pro does not yield the same result.

When comparing the D8K LE and D8K Pro side by side, the simplest way I can explain it is that the D8K LE sounds as if you took a D8K pro, gave it ~5-10% more detail and overall technical proficiency, made the treble a little less analytical and more even, and then shifted the overall tuning sliiightly towards the D8K non-pro.

It's not at all a massive change and I wouldn't say that the D8K LE is a wildly better headphone than the D8K Pro or anything, it's not, it's slightly better but only slightly. It is a shame that this sound won't be widely available though as it's definitely my favourite of the three D8K variants.

Mar 18, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #75 of 109
Anyone could say how the D8000pro and LE compare to the Elite?
I listen to rock blues and jazz.
Thanks a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back