The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
May 2, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #7,922 of 9,972
Hey, Fiio has the black and gold versions of the X3ii available now at B&H Photo and I wanted a black one...so I ordered a black one. It says it comes with a silicone case but we know that isn't true.
mad.gif

May 2, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #7,923 of 9,972
I would love to be the first person to actually get tech support on my X3 II. The money I paid for it worked perfectly. What I got in exchange is a little box in a condom with asian writing on every page. One might think this would be so easy to fix. Four days later and not a word from these people suggests it must be too difficult for them to handle.

I'd love to review this company's tech support. I like to know if they know the difference between help and passive aggressoin. Even heartless money zhombies must know that if you supply fecal matter and call it tech support word will get around that in addition to relentless greed there is not much intelligence at the top. But how would they know.  They are in Can Cun playing the role of successful biddniss people. What they are playing is Tragedy To An Empty House.

May 3, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #7,924 of 9,972
can anyone give advice on how to clean silicon cases?!

i have the black silicone case for fiio x3ii and it got bit dirty around the button area (thanks to company office desk
frown.gif
)

is warm water and soap enough? or is there better way?

May 3, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #7,925 of 9,972

i have the black silicone case for fiio x3ii and it got bit dirty around the button area (thanks to company office desk
frown.gif
)

I'd think soap and water would do the trick. Something gentle like hand soap and a cleaning cloth. What exactly got on the case? I wouldn't scrub too hard so you don't damage the case.

May 3, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #7,926 of 9,972

i have the black silicone case for fiio x3ii and it got bit dirty around the button area (thanks to company office desk :frowning2: )

Personaly I'm just using dishwasher liquid in warm wather and an useless old toothbrush. Can do this at same time of your washing dishes. Voilà!

Lucky guy!

May 5, 2016 at 3:26 AM Post #7,927 of 9,972
  Hey, Fiio has the black and gold versions of the X3ii available now at B&H Photo and I wanted a black one...so I ordered a black one. It says it comes with a silicone case but we know that isn't true.
mad.gif

?? Just got my Fiio x3 II today and yes it did come with the silicone case...this thing is awesome....got the plenue D coming soon, also....this hobby is fun....listened to DSD on my Fiio...Aerosmith Toys in the attic...lush warm full bodied sound....no EQ please thanks.  Totally worth the money!  

Sorry for those that can't hear the difference...perhaps you are hearing but not listening or maybe I have THE curse?

Rock on head-fiers....also got a FLAC album of my favorite band RUSH - Power Windows....awesome...much better than the cd...it's like the magic is BACK!....haven't heard the magic since the 80's!!

May 5, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #7,928 of 9,972
  ?? Just got my Fiio x3 II today and yes it did come with the silicone case...this thing is awesome....got the plenue D coming soon, also....this hobby is fun....listened to DSD on my Fiio...Aerosmith Toys in the attic...lush warm full bodied sound....no EQ please thanks.  Totally worth the money!  

Sorry for those that can't hear the difference...perhaps you are hearing but not listening or maybe I have THE curse?

Rock on head-fiers....also got a FLAC album of my favorite band RUSH - Power Windows....awesome...much better than the cd...it's like the magic is BACK!....haven't heard the magic since the 80's!!

You have to be careful with Aerosmith hi-res releases. A lot of them are victims of the loudness wars meaning louder and compress DR. And yes, you can hear that the DR is squashed.

May 5, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #7,929 of 9,972

Glad you like the X3ii! If you got a silicone case it must be one of the last ones before they switched to the plastic cases. Enjoy your player...it is totally worth the money as you said.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 8, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #7,930 of 9,972
Bought the x3ii yesterday, and for what i could test, there is a nice improvement over my Samsung S5 phone with my Shure 425 iem.

However, i do have problem transfering files from my computer to the X3. It is way too slow, anddata get corrupted.

I suppose the cause is mine, using front usb connection instead of the reccomended back one. The back of my computer is hard to reach, and i think usb connections there are already taken.

So i am planning to buy a usb card reader and plugging it in the front.

Anyone have an idea if it could worK? I can live with slower connection, but files got to be identical. When i transfer files to phones or external hd with the same front usb port, i don't have prblem, it seems the X3 , for some reason, is capricious.

May 8, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #7,931 of 9,972
Bought the x3ii yesterday, and for what i could test, there is a nice improvement over my Samsung S5 phone with my Shure 425 iem.

However, i do have problem transfering files from my computer to the X3. It is way too slow, anddata get corrupted.

I suppose the cause is mine, using front usb connection instead of the reccomended back one. The back of my computer is hard to reach, and i think usb connections there are already taken.

Anyone have an idea if it could worK? I can live with slower connection, but files got to be identical. When i transfer files to phones or external hd with the same front usb port, i don't have prblem, it seems the X3 , for some reason, is capricious.

What type of sd card do you have? Back when I had the cheap patriot 64 gb sticks. If I didnt use the card reader. The x3ii usb transfer would corrupt songs or you would get songs that get cutoff. I bought the Sandisk 80 mbs 128 gb stick. Whether it's transferred by usb or sd card. There havent been any corruption. I still use the sd card reader to transfer songs and not trusting fiio x3ii usb writer still.

May 8, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #7,935 of 9,972

Did you format the card in the player itself?  This would help you with corrupted files so long as you are using a good card that is not defective.  Regardless if the card you have is already fat32, format it in the player.  This won't help you with transfer rates, but should take care of your other issues you mentioned.  I'd recommend the Transcend 3.0 card reader.  It definitely speeds up your transfers.  It's around $6 on Amazon US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back