The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Jan 6, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #6,811 of 9,972
Zagg needs to make a screen protector for the Fiio line up. Fiio made a tempered glass for the X7.. Wish they would do the same for their entire line up. Would be awesome! I prefer the feel of it over plastic.

Jan 6, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #6,812 of 9,972
Zagg needs to make a screen protector for the Fiio line up. Fiio made a tempered glass for the X7.. Wish they would do the same for their entire line up. Would be awesome! I prefer the feel of it over plastic.

I don't mind the plastic screen for something like the X3ii since you don't really touch it but for a touch screen device you'd need glass.

Jan 6, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #6,813 of 9,972
I received a Fiio X3 on October 27th and I've been enjoying it until now. But for no reason I know of it suddenly won't charge. I plug it in. The light turns green > red > blue and it turns on. Then the light keeps going through that cycle and the device turns on and off on and off. I've tried resetting it to no effect. Anybody have any ideas? Seems like the battery has packed it's bags.

Jan 6, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #6,814 of 9,972
  I received a Fiio X3 on October 27th and I've been enjoying it until now. But for no reason I know of it suddenly won't charge. I plug it in. The light turns green > red > blue and it turns on. Then the light keeps going through that cycle and the device turns on and off on and off. I've tried resetting it to no effect. Anybody have any ideas? Seems like the battery has packed it's bags.

I don't really have any ideas other than talking to whoever you purchased it from for an exchange or contacting Fiio.

Jan 6, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #6,815 of 9,972
I don't mind the plastic screen for something like the X3ii since you don't really touch it but for a touch screen device you'd need glass.

I prefer the feel of glass, plus, I like it for the scratch resistance as it's in your pocket. Alas, I think it's going back.. It sounds great. I just feel like there's a little sound stage and layering that was lost from the downgrade of the X5ii to the X3ii.. But before I finalize with the X5ii.. I want to give the iBasso DX80 a listen first.. If it doesn't suit my fancy, it's definitely the X5ii I'm going to stick with. I think it's probably the most future proof device.

Jan 7, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #6,817 of 9,972
I prefer the feel of glass, plus, I like it for the scratch resistance as it's in your pocket. Alas, I think it's going back.. It sounds great. I just feel like there's a little sound stage and layering that was lost from the downgrade of the X5ii to the X3ii.. But before I finalize with the X5ii.. I want to give the iBasso DX80 a listen first.. If it doesn't suit my fancy, it's definitely the X5ii I'm going to stick with. I think it's probably the most future proof device.

I don't disagree that glass does feel better and looks better but the X3ii is still a budget DAP so I guess the plastic screen keeps costs down but it won't scratch as long as you have the screen protector on it. 

The DX80 does look like a very nice device too but how about the Fiio X7? Now that looks interesting and it's not really alot more that the DX80.

The X5ii is a great device too...you can't go wrong with that one.

Jan 7, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #6,819 of 9,972
I don't disagree that glass does feel better and looks better but the X3ii is still a budget DAP so I guess the plastic screen keeps costs down but it won't scratch as long as you have the screen protector on it. 

The DX80 does look like a very nice device too but how about the Fiio X7? Now that looks interesting and it's not really alot more that the DX80.

The X5ii is a great device too...you can't go wrong with that one.

Absolutely... And for a budget DAP, it is very good! Fiio did an amazing job.. Especially after this latest firmware update. I just want to make sure I am getting the most future proof DAP.. Under $500 for $360 the iBasso seems like it's going to be a very nice DAP. I just pulled the trigger on the DX80 last night. It'll be at my house tomorrow!! I'll keep you in the loop on my comparisons.. As I still have the X3ii.. The longer I have it.. The more I am finding better settings that work for the sound I want out of it.

Jan 7, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #6,820 of 9,972
Absolutely... And for a budget DAP, it is very good! Fiio did an amazing job.. Especially after this latest firmware update. I just want to make sure I am getting the most future proof DAP.. Under $500 for $360 the iBasso seems like it's going to be a very nice DAP. I just pulled the trigger on the DX80 last night. It'll be at my house tomorrow!! I'll keep you in the loop on my comparisons.. As I still have the X3ii.. The longer I have it.. The more I am finding better settings that work for the sound I want out of it.

Congratulations on the DX80 purchase! I hope you enjoy it. I'll be interested in hearing your comparisons between it and the X3ii.

Jan 7, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #6,821 of 9,972
Thanks Bruce! The anticipation is killing me! Plus the wife will be out of town, so I'll have plenty of time to check them out and compare the two.. Since so many people have iPhones, I'll also compare it to my iPhone 6..

Jan 7, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #6,822 of 9,972
Thanks Bruce! The anticipation is killing me! Plus the wife will be out of town, so I'll have plenty of time to check them out and compare the two.. Since so many people have iPhones, I'll also compare it to my iPhone 6..

I know what you mean about the anticipation. Whenever I order something new I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas. 
normal_smile .gif

Jan 7, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #6,823 of 9,972

popcorn.gif

Jan 7, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #6,824 of 9,972
Hello.. i am new here..

Some days ago i bought a Fioo X3 2Ggen.. and i found that the size of menu fonts are little small..
I did some research on the net, and i found the  tool for editing  the firmware.. I unpacked and repacked latest Fw 1.4 ,with larger font 

This is the file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/extv1grodd19m0l/x3II1_4_largefont_theme6.fw?dl=0

Of course you have to rename it  as X3II.fw.

I modified only theme n.6, other themes are unchanged. (only for testing, but everything seems to be fine)

if someone is interested ..you can test it. 

Hello from Italy
Roberto

EDIT-- sorry i made a mistake.. now the link is ok

Jan 7, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #6,825 of 9,972
Hello all, 

I have received my Fiio X3 ii since some days, great sound :)

I have a little problem with the charge : the first charge went OK, nothing to declare.

Right now i'm at the second one, and I have strange behaviour :

- Charging with USB cable on my computer, the light is red and the screen displays a charging battery (seems OK)
- Charging on sector (HTC cable & adapter), the light is green and the screen displays a charging battery 

Someone has experienced same behaviour ? Seems charging, but the led is wrong colour when charging on sector ...

(sorry if it has already discussed previously)

Thanks in advance :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back