The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Jan 7, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #6,827 of 9,972
to the SQ gurus in this thread, are there any EQ tweaks that we could all benefit from regardless of what headphones we are using?

Sure, but it all depends on your preferred sound signature. What works for me and my IEMs, probably won't work for others. I prefer a very Punchy Bass-centric sound with very pronounced mids..
I generally have the 31 frequency all the way up, then drop everything down to -4 starting with the 62 all the way up to 16k. Afterwards, I simply do an upside down U with the peak level of -2 at 1k and 2k. Hopefully this helps.. This won't work for everyone, but in general for my tastes, it's an EQ setting that works for me on all my players old and new.

I do want to note..

When I first got the player, I found myself maxing all the Frequencies and then dropping ONLY the 125hz from 6 to about 5 (or in the middle of 4 and 6). What I didn't like after the X3ii started breaking in, was I noticed the cymbals were recessed with those settings.. Guitars and vocals were up front, which was a positive, but not for the loss of the cymbals to be greatly reduced..

Jan 8, 2016 at 8:19 AM Post #6,829 of 9,972
Sadly, I never owned the first gen X3. So, I can't help you there.. But I do have to say that my IEMs with Balanced Armatures like my Eymotics HF5, Sony XBA-1's, and Sony XBA-A2's sound amazing on the X3ii.. A noticeable difference in clarity compared to the dynamic IEMs I own, from the RHA T10i, RHA MA-750i, RHA MA-600i, Sony EX50, Sony XB110, what?? Okay, so I like my Sony's and RHA's.. Lol

Jan 8, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #6,838 of 9,972
Not ufficial from Fioo... just an opinion of an user (not only just one)

People always claim they hear differences after a fw update, but it's not true. If we were talking ibasso, i would agree because they've altered the sound with fw. FiiO has yet to do it to any of their devices. If those guys believe they hear something different, then more power to them, but it's just not true.

Jan 8, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #6,840 of 9,972
  Hello.. i am new here..

Some days ago i bought a Fioo X3 2Ggen.. and i found that the size of menu fonts are little small..
I did some research on the net, and i found the  tool for editing  the firmware.. I unpacked and repacked latest Fw 1.4 ,with larger font 

This is the file

https://www.dropbox.com/l/s/2r9NLIJ3frAXLQtbM8Axdu

Of course you have to rename it  as X3II.fw.

I modified only theme n.6, other themes are unchanged. (only for testing, but everything seems to be fine)

if someone is interested ..you can test it. 

Hello from Italy
Roberto

Robert, thanks for this. Now it will be easy to browse through the gallery and locate your post with this picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back