The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Sep 8, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #5,641 of 9,972
For sufficiently large drives there's no no-frills windows way of formatting to FAT32.

Here's a tiny tool that will happily format anything to FAT32
http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

Just beware that it will happily format your system drive without a second word if that's what you tell it to do
eek.gif

LMAO that's hilarious, I can only imagine the looks on the faces of the poor, poor people who accidentally did that with the program.

Sep 8, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #5,642 of 9,972
Local/seller distributor may not be able to reply in 2 weeks as well. I will send to you when m back from sea. After 6 months. Warranty will be valid till then as well. Since i purchased it last month.

Oh man, you're willing to wait that long?  You're so patient!

Sep 8, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #5,643 of 9,972
Nope, doesn't work actually.  When I use teh exact method you just said to try to format the 128gb MicroSD card, the only options Windows gives me are NTFS and exFAT.

I think it's because your trying to format before you delete the partition and make it unallocated. I guess it's just a habit for me to do that cause that's way commands use to work.
If you delete the partition first then set it to all unallocated. Them make sure it's MBR. You should be able to create a new FAT32 partition.

Sep 8, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #5,644 of 9,972
I think it's because your trying to format before you delete the partition and make it unallocated. I guess it's just a habit for me to do that cause that's way commands use to work.
If you delete the partition first then set it to all unallocated. Them make sure it's MBR. You should be able to create a new FAT32 partition.

OHHHH, interesting.   But just to be clear, you're talking about using the create-partition tool, rather than the format-tool?

Sep 8, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #5,646 of 9,972
It's all done under disk management which is just using fdisk commands with GUI I believe.

I see.  Well I'm definitely not willing to completely delete and unallocate my 128gB micro-SD that's in the FIio X3ii, just so I can check and see if Windows would then be able to format it into Fat32.  Because I have 115gb of music on there that I would have to completely re-load onto it.  So I'll just take your word for it that doing so would work
tongue.gif
  Haha.

One question though.  How exactly does one even unallocate a disk, aside from just deleting it?  That doesn't seem to come up as an option in Disk Management at all.

Sep 8, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #5,647 of 9,972
And, if you just need a FAT32 micro SD card for upgrading the firmware, surely you might have a smaller spare card that might serve the purpose?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 8, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #5,648 of 9,972
And, if you just need a FAT32 micro SD card for upgrading the firmware, surely you might have a smaller spare card that might serve the purpose?

As I said.  I already formatted the 128gb card into Fat32 using the Fiio X3ii itself.  This whole discussion was simply about whether it would have been possible to do the same in Windows without needing to use the X3ii for formatting.  I've been able to use the 128gb card that's currently in the X3ii for firmware updates this entire time.  Speaking of which, I'm loving the new v1.3 firmware and the fixes in it :)

Sep 8, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #5,649 of 9,972
I am still having consistent jittery playback with any high res files.  If it is above 16/44.1 I will get random playback issues where it jerks.

Has anyone else experienced this or has a solution to the problem?  It has never happened with CD quality or below, only high res formats.

Edit: New firmware just released yesterday so I am going to give that a try.

Sep 8, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #5,650 of 9,972
  I am still having jittery playback randomly with any high res files.  If it is above 16/44.1 I will get random playback issues where it jerks.

Has anyone else experienced this or has a solution to the problem?  It has never happened with CD quality or below, only high res formats.

I'm dealing with exactly that problem now: random stuttering with hi-res files. I updated to FW1.3 from FW1.11 BETA in hopes of resolving the issue, but it's still there.

I tried the same file in a different player and there was no problem.

Next I'll try a different microSD card.

Sep 8, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #5,651 of 9,972

I'm dealing with exactly that problem now: random stuttering with hi-res files. I updated to FW1.3 from FW1.11 BETA in hopes of resolving the issue, but it's still there.

I tried the same file in a different player and there was no problem.

Next I'll try a different microSD card.

The only suggestion i'll make is to format the card in the player.  Most issues span from this simple to do thing (especially playback issues).  If you've done that, then my next suggestion would be to check the tags of the files giving issues.  If it's none of that, contact FiiO for more input.  Outside of that, i can't offer anything else because i only deal with 16/44 flac and 320 MP3s and have never experienced such an issue.

Sep 8, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #5,654 of 9,972
Formatting the card in the X3II is so easy and would probably eliminate 99.9% of all playback issues.  I realize folks like to have that card loaded with music prior to receiving their DAP, but in the case of any of the X series DAPs, waiting and formatting in the device will save you some headaches.  FiiO should really just put that in their instruction manual IMO.  I hope your issue is corrected with formatting.  I know it sucks to have to reload all of your music, but it should be worth it.  Good luck^^

Sep 8, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #5,655 of 9,972
Mine does it with two different SD cards both loaded with various high res music. I am wondering if it could be a player malfunction that I need to talk to FiiO about such as a hardware problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back