The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
May 3, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #3,032 of 9,972
@Joe Bloggs

Has anybody else experienced a loud hiss (like white noise playing) with the X3?

Pre-conditions:
* Resume mode = Song
* X3 just powered on and resumed playback of a song

Steps to reproduce:
1. Use as DAC (connect USB cable). Make sure that X3 is properly operating as DAC.
2. Unplug USB cable from X3.
3. Wait for X3 to go into deep sleep.
4. Check headphones and notice the loud hiss.

While in deep sleep, the hiss would continue even when headphone connector is unplugged and plugged again. When the X3 is woken up, unplugging and plugging the headphones eliminates the hiss.

May 3, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #3,034 of 9,972
  @Joe Bloggs

Has anybody else experienced a loud hiss (like white noise playing) with the X3?

Pre-conditions:
* Resume mode = Song
* X3 just powered on and resumed playback of a song

Steps to reproduce:
1. Use as DAC (connect USB cable). Make sure that X3 is properly operating as DAC.
2. Unplug USB cable from X3.
3. Wait for X3 to go into deep sleep.
4. Check headphones and notice the loud hiss.

While in deep sleep, the hiss would continue even when headphone connector is unplugged and plugged again. When the X3 is woken up, unplugging and plugging the headphones eliminates the hiss.

Yep. I just put it down to a "glitch" and reboot. Not too bothered. It's happened a few times. Good to hear others having it too - thus we don't have faulty units (probably :) )

May 3, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #3,035 of 9,972
Hi,

I have a problem, I got DX50 offered for 160 bucks, should I take it or go for X3 SG? I can not really decide, help needed. How is the sound compared between them, does someone has a review about the both? 

Thanks

May 3, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #3,036 of 9,972
smily_headphones1.gif
The way I understand it, the DX50 is a step Down from the X3ii and the DX90 is a step up, comparable to the X5. I also understand that ibasso's sound signature is Different than Fiio's.

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

May 3, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #3,037 of 9,972
I'm pretty sure the Line out specs are better on all the Fiio players across the Board. I use Line out on the X1 which defaults to a Flat EQ then use the Bass Boost on the E12 as Needed.

LOVE this Combo.

BTW I think the E12 actually takes away from the Sound of the X5 In the form of Clarity, but it does add some Extra warmth. But it could be just a Brain thing too.

:) :) TWIN
are you sure about line out ? On the amplifier and speakers the line out is much bettet, but it can be understandable cause amp need another impendation etc . But do you notice it on headphones ? Im not so sure when im comparing...

May 3, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #3,038 of 9,972
Hi,

I have a problem, I got DX50 offered for 160 bucks, should I take it or go for X3 SG? I can not really decide, help needed. How is the sound compared between them, does someone has a review about the both? 

Thanks

I compared them in my review. You can find it in the review section. I think the X3ii is slightly ahead of the DX50...
Cheers,
K

May 3, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #3,040 of 9,972
  Hi,

Thanks

I used to own the DX50 but sold it because I preferred the sound of the original X3 and now I own the X3 2g and prefer the X3 2g sound over the original X3. It's been awhile since I heard the DX50 but I know I liked the X3 a lot better.

May 3, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #3,042 of 9,972
smily_headphones1.gif
Here Ya go, I just went back and read it.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-x3-2nd-gen-ultraportable-hi-res-dap/reviews/13039

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

May 3, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #3,045 of 9,972
Here ya go:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-x3-2nd-gen-ultraportable-hi-res-dap/reviews/13039

Twin beat me.

Thank you very much too. Very good review! I have to agree with you on most points especially when comparing the X3 to the X3II You said "I suspect that the upgrade is more driven by the desire to have a wheel driven interface or some other features rather than the relatively small sound differences." I agree...I've listened to my old X3 and the new one trying to hear the big difference between them but the difference is really not that big. It was worth it to me to buy the X3II because it has a better build and I do like the scroll wheel. I know I prefer buttons or a scroll wheel over a poorly designed touch screen. i.e. the DX50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back