The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
May 2, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #3,016 of 9,972
I notice that some of my cover art shows up as all black. I'm unable to identify what the problem might be - the cover art in question is 320x320 JPEG just like a number of other albums which show OK. I store the cover art as cover.jpg  in the album directory. Any ideas?

May 2, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #3,017 of 9,972
I notice that some of my cover art shows up as all black. I'm unable to identify what the problem might be - the cover art in question is 320x320 JPEG just like a number of other albums which show OK. I store the cover art as cover.jpg  in the album directory. Any ideas?

Read this page and see if it helps.

http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40307&extra=&mobile=no

May 2, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #3,018 of 9,972
Thanks for the answer ngs428. I'm however still completely mystified as to why a few of my albums show all black. When I double click on the cover.jpg file on my computer it opens up fine with the cover art - it just shows all black on the X3.

May 2, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #3,019 of 9,972
Thanks for the answer ngs428. I'm however still completely mystified as to why a few of my albums show all black. When I double click on the cover.jpg file on my computer it opens up fine with the cover art - it just shows all black on the X3.

If you are following everything at the link I sent and it still does not work, I am not sure... I embed all my artwork and have never had an issue. Maybe try embedding it with mp3tag.

May 2, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #3,020 of 9,972
  I just invested in an E12 to go with my new X3ii. I ordered it before I read about the E12A and worried it maybe over the top for my IEM's (Grado GR10's) but, no, despite a low (and entirely acceptable) amount of hiss, it ups the attack, dynamics and general bass slam. I was listening to Fly On A Windshield off the Lamb Lies Down On Broadway and there's a  huge moment about half way in, it's like an explosion of sound, and this left me with chills, it was so powerful; my HD600's have never sounded better to me.

The E12 has a hardware bass boost, which is really quite effective.

the lamb is an excellent album, my favorite of all time actually. i know the section you are referencing; that part right when rutherford's bass, phil's drums, and hackett's guitar gently weeps. if anyone needs to defecate themselves, i HIGHLY suggest you give the lamb a proper listening to. its the last album peter gabriel was on, is QUITE long, but the entire album is entertaining. very campy, very prog. relisten to side 4's medley of the light dies down on broadway/riding the scree/in the rapids/it.  i'm actually about to buy the e12 mont blanc, AND i routinely listen thru hd600s, so you just unintentionally made me buy these. thanks/no thanks haha

May 3, 2015 at 4:47 AM Post #3,022 of 9,972
I just invested in an E12 to go with my new X3ii. I ordered it before I read about the E12A and worried it maybe over the top for my IEM's (Grado GR10's) but, no, despite a low (and entirely acceptable) amount of hiss, it ups the attack, dynamics and general bass slam. I was listening to Fly On A Windshield off the Lamb Lies Down On Broadway and there's a  huge moment about half way in, it's like an explosion of sound, and this left me with chills, it was so powerful; my HD600's have never sounded better to me.

The E12 has a hardware bass boost, which is really quite effective.

Where Do you buy this Album in hires quality? I am looking at hdtracks.de but do Not find any genesis album.

By the way, searching on hdtracks is a pain anyway. :)

May 3, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #3,025 of 9,972
  Ohh the debate...to buy or not to buy.

Currently have the X3 (first gen) and Sennheiser HD558's.

Hmm....

Just go to your local store and demo the X3ii.

Initially, I upgraded because of the better user experience I get from the X3ii compared to the original X3. I'm hoping that it would improve further down the road. Sound-wise, and in almost all categories, I think that the X3ii is better than its predecessor.

May 3, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #3,026 of 9,972
  Just go to your local store and demo the X3ii.

Initially, I upgraded because of the better user experience I get from the X3ii compared to the original X3. I'm hoping that it would improve further down the road. Sound-wise, and in almost all categories, I think that the X3ii is better than its predecessor.

I'm in Minnesota and have no idea where I'd even find this locally.  I bought my first X3 based solely on recommendations here.  It was an easy choice because of my past experience with Wolfson DAC's.  

Interesting to see Fiio changed DAC providers.  I'm trying to find people who've had both to hear their SQ thoughts.  I've read some interface glichy-ness woes.  I also read that 1-click on the wheel doesn't necessarily mean one movement in the interface, that could mess with my OCD....lol.

May 3, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #3,027 of 9,972
smily_headphones1.gif
Like I've stated on other threads and to Brooko Personally, I have Both the X5 and the X1 Plus the E12 Mont Blanc. I actually prefer the sound of the X1 Plus E12 over the X5 for most normal Recordings because of the warmth of the X1. Plus it's smaller Size. I find the Clinical Sharpness a Little cold on the X5, However the X5 excels in detail especially with downloads from HD Tracks. I really Like the 9 Lives collection By Robert Plant and Ecstacy By Lou Reed, Highly recommended.

If any of you have the X1 AND the new X3ii PLEASE give me a comparison particularly concerning  Bass and warmth between the 2. I'm hoping the X3ii isn't as clinically clean as the X5.

Thanx,

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

May 3, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #3,030 of 9,972
I'm pretty sure the Line out specs are better on all the Fiio players across the Board. I use Line out on the X1 which defaults to a Flat EQ then use the Bass Boost on the E12 as Needed.

LOVE this Combo.

BTW I think the E12 actually takes away from the Sound of the X5 In the form of Clarity, but it does add some Extra warmth. But it could be just a Brain thing too.

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back