The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
May 1, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #2,956 of 9,972
I support the claim for a scrolling acceleration. If someone uses shuffle mode exclusively – like me –, but wants to listen to a specific song now and then, this would be the better solution than having to switch to the folder mode for this purpose, then switch back to shuffle play in database mode.

May 1, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #2,958 of 9,972
  Anyone have a comparison between the FiiO X3 2nd Gen and Hidizs AP100?

I've been searching for that too today, and looks like no one has made one yet.

Only AP100 vs the original X3.

May 1, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #2,959 of 9,972

I've been searching for that too today, and looks like no one has made one yet.

Only AP100 vs the original X3.

Anyone have a comparison between the FiiO X3 2nd Gen and Hidizs AP100?

Check out this page for some comparison on the 2.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/accessories/review-fiio-x3-2nd-gen-dap-lots-pics-t3060255

May 1, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #2,961 of 9,972

Check out this page for some comparison on the 2.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/accessories/review-fiio-x3-2nd-gen-dap-lots-pics-t3060255

Yeah I've seen that, he doesnt say much about the AP100 though.

Also he didin't have the original X3 which is a bummer.

May 1, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #2,962 of 9,972

Yeah I've seen that, he doesnt say much about the AP100 though.

Also he didin't have the original X3 which is a bummer.

The comments at the end have a comparison between the X3 2nd gen and the AP100. @nv88 was looking for this comparison.

"Just purely on a sound quality (neutral revealing sig with a more open soundstage), AP100 edges out even X5. But as an overall user experience - I favor scroll wheel controls, layout of buttons, and GUI of FiiO products where X3 2nd is clearly a superior product."

Obviously this is one opinion...

May 1, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #2,964 of 9,972
thanks man. I am allready follow quite some time this thread, read it all From the beginning and quite happy about all the great insides i could grap... now i Need to try some other IEM (have the Bose qc20) to See if i get more out of it. But even with bose the DAP Sounds great ...

I'd suggest researching either Dunu DN-1000, or Dunu Titan 1. Both offer good value for money. But if your content with Bose stick with it. =)

May 1, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #2,965 of 9,972

I wanted a smaller carrying case and found this one locally. It's a camera case but the X3 fits in perfectly. The internal slip pocket can hold additional memory cards; it also secures the X3 into place so that the X3 won't move around when the case is fully closed.

I bought a small camera case too, plus it hold my IEMs and fits nicely in my jacket pocket.

May 1, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #2,967 of 9,972
Originally Posted by migasson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone who pays $259AUD for a device and expects it to be perfect, is on crack.

You get what I'm saying? A lot of you have been spoilt by Apple's UI....

I think, for a lot of people who are not terribly familiar with these various high-end DAPs that have been coming out over the last few years (Fiio, iBasso, AK, etc), and are now making their first purchase of such a device, they are surprised about some of the firmware issues that these devices all seem to have.  I think some of the complaints coming from this cohort are not about a dearth of innovative new features, but rather are coming from some surprise that these devices lack certain elements of basic functionality that were commonplace on similar devices they bought a decade ago.  For $200 US, I think it is perfectly reasonable for people to expect the usability of the device to be, if not close to perfect, at least as good as (if not better than) something they bought 7-10 years ago.

I've never had an i-anything, so have no clue about Apple's UI.  But a little over a year ago, I upgraded to a first gen X3 from a Creative Zen Vision:M that I had been using since 2006 and was a bit dumbfounded to find that the UI on that 8 year old device was a few steps above that on my X3.  That said, I think Fiio did a good job addressing most of those issues as time went on - I was really pleased with the functionality of my X3-I on the latest FW (3.34) even though they considered it a beta version.  I hadn't even been planning on upgrading to the 2nd gen right away as my original was working great for me, I only did so because my original X3 was irreparably damaged on vacation a few weeks back.

May 1, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #2,968 of 9,972
  just stick to HD files and SACD isos, then your card will fill up so quick, scrolling won't be an issue 
tongue_smile.gif

Well then that would defeat the purpose for which I have a DAP.  I travel a lot for work and my DAP is my portable player - its what I listen to on the plane, in hotel rooms, etc., sometimes in the office or the car.  I want to be able to carry a sizable chunk of my music library with me on the go, all contained in one package, without carrying around extra memory cards or moving songs on and off my device every week when I'm home.  So my device is mostly 256 and 320 mp3 rips, which works just fine for on-the-go listening (my DAP isn't my home stereo).

May 1, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #2,969 of 9,972
@nmatheis
 What a way to go though 

I have P5s coming today is it wrong to be this happy about a set of headphones and a music player?  

Nope. I just got T-PEOS Altone250 for review and tour yesterday and am receiving the OPPO PM-3 loaner today. I'm quite giddy myself :wink_face:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back