The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Apr 20, 2015 at 3:02 AM Post #2,373 of 9,972
I would like to give a shout out to Yang at Treoo who was very helpful and apologetic for not initially being able to meet the pre-orders. Thanks Yang.
beerchug.gif

Apr 20, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #2,376 of 9,972

The card formatted in the X1 as Fat32 should work in the new X3. I'm using the card I used to use with the old X3, and it works perfectly. (I say "should" as I have no experience with the X1.)

I've done that very thing. I formatted a microcard in my X1, filled it up with music, but then decided I wanted to listen to that music on my X3 (g1). The card has the title of "X1", even when viewed  in the X3.

Apr 20, 2015 at 8:44 AM Post #2,379 of 9,972
I wonder if Fiio has or will be selling  replacement silicone cases for the X3 2g. I have a couple of spare ones for my old X3 because I sometimes accidentally tear them when removing  to access the TF card.

Apr 20, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #2,380 of 9,972
  Is it normal for x3ii to get warm after 30min-1hr usage? Is it a defect?
Sorry for asking cause i only own sony's player before and its stay cool after few hrs.

Yes, it's normal. It's a way more powerful amp than the Sony's it tends to get a bit warm.

Cheers,
K

Apr 20, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #2,382 of 9,972
After months of collecting dust, I finally pulled my DX50 out to update the firmware this evening. Since I also have the X3 II in front of me, I decided to just do a brief A/B'ing while I am at it. I know there used to be a debate on whether the original X3 or the DX50 sound better - X3 is obviously warm, intimate and sweet but really lacks a good soundstage and overall balance; DX50 has an under-powered headphone-out that misses a good amount of texture and impact, but it is clean, fairly neutral and open - those pros and cons make them about equal to my ears. Volume matched as close as possible between X3 II and DX50, I think the surprise is just how close they share the same sound signature. Both are neutral and slightly toward warmth, with a good soundstage and overall balance. The difference is that X3 II has the power and impact that are missing from the DX50. Finally here is a $200ish DAP that ticks all the boxes.

Apr 20, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #2,383 of 9,972
bug? question mark displayed as a box with an X in file list view (before playing):

Apr 20, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #2,384 of 9,972
After months of collecting dust, I finally pulled my DX50 out to update the firmware this evening. Since I also have the X3 II in front of me, I decided to just do a brief A/B'ing while I am at it. I know there used to be a debate on whether the original X3 or the DX50 sound better - X3 is obviously warm, intimate and sweet but really lacks a good soundstage and overall balance; DX50 has an under-powered headphone-out that misses a good amount of texture and impact, but it is clean, fairly neutral and open - those pros and cons make them about equal to my ears. Volume matched as close as possible between X3 II and DX50, I think the surprise is just how close they share the same sound signature. Both are neutral and slightly toward warmth, with a good soundstage and overall balance. The difference is that X3 II has the power and impact that are missing from the DX50. Finally here is a $200ish DAP that ticks all the boxes.

Thanks for the comparison. I was actually looking for a comparison, you read my mind!

Apr 20, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #2,385 of 9,972
BTW, the FiiO pleather case isn't half bad too. It is not Dignis' level of quality, but for about 1/3 the price it is okay for me.

X3II-09.jpg

X3II-10.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back