The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Apr 20, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #2,356 of 9,972
I promise not to rant but Treoo just told me they wont be getting X3II in stock for 2 weeks. I had to tell someone. I am so bummed
frown.gif

and to make matters worse I keep buying earphones and headphones in anticipation of my X3II. I'm gonna be ********* broke!

Apr 20, 2015 at 1:51 AM Post #2,357 of 9,972
i dont think Fiio are abale to do much at this case, i need to experiment further, the logic that guided me to even try this setup is the same one used with a electric extension connectors(dunno how its called)
once you extend the chord and plug in your TV it still work right? this is the same thing i did here.
only thing makes me wonder is that SD cards have 9 pins and mSD 8 pins and this might be a reason. though im not sure

i am considering to buy an external sd reader so that i can experiment further, at the transfer rates im getting now: 3.61MB/sec its a nightmare

Extension cords don't transmit data, though - just move electrons...

Yes, best practice is to remove the card, transfer files, reinsert card :)

Apr 20, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #2,358 of 9,972
I promise not to rant but Treoo just told me they wont be getting X3II in stock for 2 weeks. I had to tell someone. I am so bummed :frowning2:  

and to make matters worse I keep buying earphones and headphones in anticipation of my X3II. I'm gonna be ********* broke!

Bummer, man! At least you've got an "X3 Classic" to ride you over until you "New X3" arrives :L3000:

Apr 20, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #2,360 of 9,972
No I don't . This is my first FiiO. I am a home audio guy. I have an audio engine D1 hooked up to my PC. This is my first DAP other than Iphone 3gs / 4 . I can't wait for the X3II to arrive.

Oops, I was thinking of beankurt. Your iPhone's not bad, so at least you've got something reasonable to listen to while you wait. X3ii will make you happier, though. Not too much longer :)

Apr 20, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #2,362 of 9,972
is it the amping that makes the big improvement in SQ over the iphone?

I'm not that technical, so I'll defer to others here. I know some can tell a major difference. Some can't tell any difference. I've actually found I prefer a few of my HP/IEM with my iPhone but prefer most with my dedicated DAPs.

I have an old iPod 5.5G sitting around. You know, the one that has a Wolfson DAC and is touted for its superior sound. Well, I brought it out of cold storage and tried to listen to it.

Yak! Wowza! Not good after listening to my DX90 and X5 for so long :blink:

I'd sell it, but I've torn the darn thing apart a few times and it doesn't quite fit back together like new anymore :wink:

Apr 20, 2015 at 2:26 AM Post #2,364 of 9,972
I am looking forward to a stand alone DAP without the iTunes crap etc...guess what? I literally just received an email from Treoo that they got there hands on some more units and will be shipping mine shortly. They were very apologetic. I am totally happy now.
L3000.gif

Apr 20, 2015 at 2:28 AM Post #2,365 of 9,972
  I am looking forward to a stand alone DAP without the iTunes crap etc...guess what? I literally just received an email from Treoo that they got there hands on some more units and will be shipping mine shortly. They were very apologetic. I am totally happy now.
L3000.gif

@nmatheis summon me back to this thread haha...Reality, is your under Treoo singapore?

Apr 20, 2015 at 2:31 AM Post #2,366 of 9,972
Yes it is. They sent me a nice e-mail saying they have secured some more units. It says a few stocks so maybe send them an email or click the help on there webpage. I did that and asked for an update. I was told 2 weeks but then received an email back within 30 min saying they had one for me.

Apr 20, 2015 at 2:38 AM Post #2,368 of 9,972
  Yes it is. They sent me a nice e-mail saying they have secured some more units. It says a few stocks so maybe send them an email or click the help on there webpage. I did that and asked for an update. I was told 2 weeks but then received an email back within 30 min saying they had one for me.

Woo, good for you. Let me check with them, there is a chance they might not have mine. James suppose to be putting me through to them, but no reply from him, guess i got to do on my own again.

Apr 20, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #2,369 of 9,972
Fiio are reading these messages. Be nice. They will probably contact you. I hope you get yours real soon. I still have to wait for shipping from Singapore to Canada. You probably live across the street from Treeo
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 20, 2015 at 2:43 AM Post #2,370 of 9,972
Dear Reality and beankurt,

I do not know what the deal is with Treoo saying they now have an X3 for Reality and/or beankurt. If they say they have stock for you I suppose they do have stock for you--we don't live in their warehouse so I wouldn't know :wink: I do know that they have just promised us to honor any refund requests on X3 preorders and any subsequent new products. We have also demanded that all our dealers do the same, ie. honor refund requests for any new FiiO product after it starts shipping if the shipments are not sufficient to fill their preorders in the first round.

We hope you're satisfied by this turn of events brought about by our collaboration with our distributors :)

Best regards,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back