The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Apr 19, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #2,311 of 9,972
So a question on the 5800 song limit in the current firmware: does that limit only apply to using the artist view? In other words, will folder view still recognize all songs on the card, even if there are more than 5800?

i coud answer that tommorow, loading my 256gb sd card to full capacity atm..

p.s.
does some1 else find it weird that when listening to a song and scrolling the wheel it scrolls between tracks and not volume?
i mean, im used to  rockboxed ipod and scrolling changes volume but select button press and then scrolling is changind songs, here its the other way around

Apr 19, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #2,312 of 9,972
On a different subject, where product was promptly delivered.... I had about 30min to listen to the new until and it's noticeably different than the gen 1 X3. The sound is not as dark and feels open. I am not sure if I like it better than the old unit. They both have very different sound. I need to do some more listening but so far I love the new unit; The look and the sound.

Give yourself some time with the new X3, and I bet you'll find yourself liking it more and more - especially with your V8. I imagine the two sound signatures would nicely complement each other :L3000:

Apr 19, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #2,313 of 9,972
Dear beankurt

I'm sorry. I've tried to warn people not to get on a preorder line late in the game
http://www.head-fi.org/t/743704/the-fiio-x3-2nd-gen-ex-x3k-x3ii-thread-192k-24b-cs4398-native-dsd-usb-dac-with-lo-and-inline-remote/1530#post_11478456

And this is the full explanation regarding pre-orders vs buying one as they become available. It was directed at Reality who posted on my wall:
----
Hello Reality,

Unfortunately we cannot guarantee that pre-orders come through faster than orders placed as the X3 2nd gen becomes directly available at other places.

It is beyond our ability to track the preorders placed at every dealer and supply units to fulfil all preorders before other deliveries--as we have no way of confirming a retailer's preorders, doing it that way would open the door to retailers abusing the quota system by claiming a large number of preorders.

In the meantime, I will inquire with Treoo as best I can to see what the story is. I.e. is there anything wrong with your situation or have they simply not got to March 19th in fulfiling preorders?

Best regards,
Joe
----
I'm sorry, but it's simply not a tenable policy in our view to direct our X3 deliveries based on some arbitrary claims the dealers make regarding the number of preorders they have received. The only way around this that I see would be for us to integrate retailers into our business, which is frankly beyond our ability.

Best regards,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 19, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #2,314 of 9,972
So a question on the 5800 song limit in the current firmware: does that limit only apply to using the artist view? In other words, will folder view still recognize all songs on the card, even if there are more than 5800?

Yes, folder view works on any number of songs. :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Apr 19, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #2,315 of 9,972
Dear beankurt

I'm sorry. I've tried to warn people not to get on a preorder line late in the game
http://www.head-fi.org/t/743704/the-fiio-x3-2nd-gen-ex-x3k-x3ii-thread-192k-24b-cs4398-native-dsd-usb-dac-with-lo-and-inline-remote/1530#post_11478456

And this is the full explanation regarding pre-orders vs buying one as they become available. It was directed at Reality who posted on my wall:
----
Hello Reality,

Unfortunately we cannot guarantee that pre-orders come through faster than orders placed as the X3 2nd gen becomes directly available at other places.

It is beyond our ability to track the preorders placed at every dealer and supply units to fulfil all preorders before other deliveries--as we have no way of confirming a retailer's preorders, doing it that way would open the door to retailers abusing the quota system by claiming a large number of preorders.

In the meantime, I will inquire with Treoo as best I can to see what the story is. I.e. is there anything wrong with your situation or have they simply not got to March 19th in fulfiling preorders?

Best regards,
Joe
----
I'm sorry, but it's simply not a tenable policy in our view to direct our X3 deliveries based on some arbitrary claims the dealers make regarding the number of preorders they have received. The only way around this that I see would be for us to integrate retailers into our business, which is frankly beyond our ability.

Best regards,
Joe

Hi Joe, do you want to introduce yourself first? So does FIIO knows how many units of X3 each reseller getting from each shipment? If you know how many unit u giving them, then ask them to set a number on preorder to prevent disappointment. If pre-order hit the number of unit they getting, cut it off. Not keep opening and having back order to disappoint people.

Apr 19, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #2,316 of 9,972
You've got the right idea. Your new X3 will recognize all of your music using Folder view but only the first 5800 tracks using Categories view. I use Folder view almost exclusively on my DAPs and organize into folders like this to speed up browsing:

A-C -> Artist -> Year Album -> Songs

This makes it really easy to get to any point in the alphabet with minimal scrolling and ensures that your albums are in order by year of release.

Thanks for this. I usually use folder view as well, but do sometimes like to shuffle all tracks from a single artist (or the entire library), so the song limit inhibits my ability to do this. But as long as I can access all songs, then I can live with this until the limit is lifted in a later FW release.

I was going to hold off on upgrading to the 2nd gen until some FW updates were introduced, but since my 1st gen s**t the bed while on vacation this week, I wound up having to take the plunge early.

Apr 19, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #2,318 of 9,972
Hi Joe, do you want to introduce yourself first? So does FIIO knows how many units of X3 each reseller getting from each shipment? If you know how many unit u giving them, then ask them to set a number on preorder to prevent disappointment. If pre-order hit the number of unit they getting, cut it off. Not keep opening and having back order to disappoint people.

I'm the goto guy for customer inquiries for FiiO on head-fi but I was sick the last few days :xf_eek:

I also check all my pm's :D

This is an excerpt from Jame's signature
Thanks for your support to FiiO ! Now I can't reply all the PM by myself because the business become bigger and bigger...

Whereas there's a link to composing pm's to me pinned on the FiiO subforum :cool:

Unfortunately, we can't finalize the distribution of new product shipments beforehand because yields are unpredictable and the distribution of this variable number of units would also depend on how many orders are submitted and paid for by which distributors. The timing of such orders of course influences how many units we would ship to them in an overbooked order situation, but it is hard to flat out say "nope, zip, nada" to a distributor who suddenly pays for 10,000 units the day before launch :wink:

I invite anyone whose line of business involves coordinating pre-orders vs as-is orders for a hot new product to be launched internationally to send me their tips for achieving maximum customer satisfaction via pm :wink:

Apr 19, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #2,319 of 9,972
@Joe Bloggs : Maybe you can say to your distributor that he has, and this is just an example, 1000 units for his preorder. (Let's call those units the "original preorder units")

If he manages to sell them, he can have 500 more units and this step can be repeated. (Let's call those units the "extra preorder units")

But you set a deadline ,like 2 weeks before launch, when you say clearly that you will not give any more units for the preorder.

This way you make an original batch with all the original preorder units, and then you make a few batch for the extra preorder units.
Then you have 2 weeks to send the product and make a last batch.

Apr 19, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #2,320 of 9,972
I'm the goto guy for customer inquiries for FiiO on head-fi but I was sick the last few days :xf_eek:

I also check all my pm's :D

This is an excerpt from Jame's signature
Whereas there's a link to composing pm's to me pinned on the FiiO subforum :cool:

Unfortunately, we can't finalize the distribution of new product shipments beforehand because yields are unpredictable and the distribution of this variable number of units would also depend on how many orders are submitted and paid for by which distributors. The timing of such orders of course influences how many units we would ship to them in an overbooked order situation, but it is hard to flat out say "nope, zip, nada" to a distributor who suddenly pays for 10,000 units the day before launch :wink:

I invite anyone whose line of business involves coordinating pre-orders vs as-is orders for a hot new product to be launched internationally to send me their tips for achieving maximum customer satisfaction via pm :wink:

Joe, in my opinion, no offense, you working for your distributor and not the other way around. I know it's luring to eat a big pie but if your stomach can't contain, u will end up having a stomache. You have production issue and your distributor dictate the number of unit you need provide them. Even Apple will not launch a product until they iron out the production issue. Also lastly, I do note that all their is a severe lack of communication within distributor and reseller. Reseller at the terminal seems to have total no clue when would be next shipment.

Apr 19, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #2,321 of 9,972
  im waiting for my x3 II to arrive should be tomorrow or Tuesday, will i benefit from pairing it with an amp the e11k?  Im using with creative aurvana live headphones and dont plan on buying anything new for a while but eventually want a good set for hard rock / metal and will look to spend about £150 / $225 (if anyone has recommendations im always looking for advice)

With all this in mind would the amp be a good purchase?

Agree with @H20Fidelity. When I reviewed the new X3 (see signature for review link), I A/B'ed it with and without both the Fiio E12A and Cypher Labs Picollo. With both I found minimal improvement using the amp with IEMs and easy-driving over-ears, but not enough to make me think I was missing anything when using the X3 solo. I've recently picked up some Havi B3 Pro 1s which are well known to benefit from additional amplification, and the X3 is able to drive them satisfactorily, too.

Apr 19, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #2,322 of 9,972
  does some1 else find it weird that when listening to a song and scrolling the wheel it scrolls between tracks and not volume?
i mean, im used to  rockboxed ipod and scrolling changes volume but select button press and then scrolling is changind songs, here its the other way around

Old habits die hard   
wink_face.gif

Apr 19, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #2,324 of 9,972
smily_headphones1.gif
Based on the physical and UI similarities between the X1 and X3ii, Do they operate much the same? For example, checking to see which firmware is installed, formatting SD card, Downloading Firmware? Will a card that is Fat 32 formatted on the X1 and all ready has music files on it work in the X3ii by inserting the card and simply updating the X3ii's Library?

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

Apr 19, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #2,325 of 9,972

smily_headphones1.gif
Based on the physical and UI similarities between the X1 and X3ii, Do they operate much the same? For example, checking to see which firmware is installed, formatting SD card, Downloading Firmware? Will a card that is Fat 32 formatted on the X1 and all ready has music files on it work in the X3ii by inserting the card and simply updating the X3ii's Library?

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
TWIN

The card formatted in the X1 as Fat32 should work in the new X3. I'm using the card I used to use with the old X3, and it works perfectly. (I say "should" as I have no experience with the X1.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back