The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Apr 7, 2015 at 7:50 AM Post #1,591 of 9,972
What if you start it without the micro sd card and then go about for a while?

Theoretically a great idea but since the new X3II has no internal storage - there is not much you can do...without a memory card

Apr 7, 2015 at 7:52 AM Post #1,592 of 9,972
  Theoretically a great idea but since the new X3II has no internal storage - there is not much you can do...without a memory card

Yes  - but to troubleshoot its an excellent idea.  If the X3ii boots and operates normally without the sdxc card, and only glitches when the card is being operated, then it at least points to where the problem may lie (incorrectly formatted card, or corrupt files, erroneous tags etc) 
smile.gif

Apr 7, 2015 at 7:57 AM Post #1,594 of 9,972

Yes  - but to troubleshoot its an excellent idea.  If the X3ii boots and operates normally without the sdxc card, and only glitches when the card is being operated, then it at least points to where the problem may lie (incorrectly formatted card, or corrupt files, erroneous tags etc) 
smile.gif

Yes, you are right, it's actually very good trouble shooting practice. And thinking about it you could also just use the DAC functionality via USB to keep it on...

Cheers,
K

Apr 7, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #1,595 of 9,972
Dear all (including preview unit owners),

The official release firmware version 1.0 for the X3 2nd gen may be downloaded here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jldzobwsvemjafv/X3%202nd%20gen%20FW1.0.zip?dl=0

It may be used on preview units as well as retail units.

Best regards,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 7, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #1,596 of 9,972
Thanks Joe - was there any changelog from 0.22beta?

Apr 7, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #1,597 of 9,972
At first I switched from the samsung evo tf card to a 16g sandisk card, x3 loads the music without a glitch, but the background noise is audible when the volume is above 35, unbearable when i jack it up to 45.

Then I switched back to the samsung, formatted it with x3, the hangup problem was solved, and, there is no background noise at 45. So I tried formatting the sandisk, noise was also gone. 

It turned out that the formatting-tf-card is so important and so contrary to intuition, it deserves at least bold letters on the brochure. @JamesFiiO

Also, great work on the x3 sg, I don't consider myself easy to please, but I'm very content with what I'm hearing in my headphone, at 200 bucks, it's absolutely a fantastic deal.  

Apr 7, 2015 at 8:01 AM Post #1,598 of 9,972
  At first I switched from the samsung evo tf card to a 16g sandisk card, x3 loads the music without a glitch, but the background noise is audible when the volume is above 35, unbearable when i jack it up to 45.

Then I switched back to the samsung, formatted it with x3, the hangup problem was solved, and, there is no background noise at 45. So I tried formatting the sandisk, noise was also gone. 

It turned out that the formatting-tf-card is so important that it deserves at least bold letters on the brochure, plus it's not in line with most people's experience. @JamesFiiO

Also, great work on the x3 sg, I don't consider myself easy to please, but I'm very content with what I'm hearing in my headphone, at 200 bucks, it's absolutely a fantastic deal.  

Also, please put the resetting button on the brochure... 

Apr 7, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #1,599 of 9,972

It turned out that the formatting-tf-card is so important that it deserves at least bold letters on the brochure, plus it's not in line with most people's experience. @JamesFiiO

Now that is a bit scary since I am switching my micro SD cards between AK100 mk2, X5 and DX50 and I can't reformat them every time. Hearing that the noise floor is affected makes me cringe....

Apr 7, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #1,601 of 9,972
  try formatting them first on X3 then use it on other devices? 
biggrin.gif

The X3II is just a review sample. If I own one then I will see what is the best combination.

Cheers,
K

Apr 7, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #1,602 of 9,972
Someone tell me it's not mind trick, but i do hear better sound on samsung evo than on sandisk ultra...
It's apparently cleaner

Apr 7, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #1,604 of 9,972
  Someone tell me it's not mind trick, but i do hear better sound on samsung evo than on sandisk ultra...
It's apparently cleaner

I work in technology and one side of my brain says: 001001010001011000 always sounds the same, my other side of the brain says: if YOU hear it, it's real, at least for YOU, if nobody else hears it, so what, it's not their ears but yours.

Apr 7, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #1,605 of 9,972
I work in technology and one side of my brain says: 001001010001011000 always sounds the same, my other side of the brain says: if YOU hear it, it's real, at least for YOU, if nobody else hears it, so what, it's not their ears but yours.

The bits sound the same, but the circuitry in the chips could cause interference. They shouldn't, but they could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back