The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Jan 18, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #9,496 of 9,972
I lost my 5th clip plus..so I decided to go with this, updating firmware and loading with music now....but dagum in my haste I thought this version had Bluetooth, that was a feature I really wanted coming from the Sansa. Stupid me!!

Jan 19, 2017 at 5:30 AM Post #9,497 of 9,972
I lost my 5th clip plus..so I decided to go with this, updating firmware and loading with music now....but dagum in my haste I thought this version had Bluetooth, that was a feature I really wanted coming from the Sansa. Stupid me!!

If you can, return the X3II and wait for the X5III. That's going to blow the X3II away and it has bluetooth.

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:39 AM Post #9,498 of 9,972

If you can, return the X3II and wait for the X5III. That's going to blow the X3II away and it has bluetooth.

in what? cost?  I would say yes there will be an improvement in sound (hopefully) over the X3ii but what exactly does "blow the X3ii away" mean in actual sonics?  when someone makes claims like this I'm thinking its like going from mono to stereo or from 64k MP3 to DSD.  Also, since it has not been released yet did you get a chance to hear either a prototype or pre-production model to make such a bold statement?

Not picking on you, just so tired of these outrageous statements with no substance to back up said claim.

Had a bit to drink so sorry if I offended anyone here but too many of these blanket statements these days makes it hard for someone looking for solid info at times.

Jan 19, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #9,499 of 9,972
  in what? cost?  I would say yes there will be an improvement in sound (hopefully) over the X3ii but what exactly does "blow the X3ii away" mean in actual sonics?  when someone makes claims like this I'm thinking its like going from mono to stereo or from 64k MP3 to DSD.  Also, since it has not been released yet did you get a chance to hear either a prototype or pre-production model to make such a bold statement?

Not picking on you, just so tired of these outrageous statements with no substance to back up said claim.

Had a bit to drink so sorry if I offended anyone here but too many of these blanket statements these days makes it hard for someone looking for solid info at times.

Sonic - it should. 

But X5-3 is a touchscreen device, bluetooth, wifi, 2xMicroSD, streaming, idk - feels a bit unfair to compare the two 
biggrin.gif

X3ii is an amazing device - one of the best music players on the market - but man, the news about x5-3 sure sound sweet. 

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #9,500 of 9,972
Thanks for all the replies, I can't return cuz I had already opened and loading music when I realized my mistake. With that said though I don't know if it's placebo affect but I'm really liking what I'm hearing compared to the Sansa. This sucker is huuuge compared to the clip..I might have to use my headphone amp with this, though it is louder with the gain on high. Is there any way to keep the screen from going to sleep? It seems I can't FF unless the screen is "on".

Jan 19, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #9,502 of 9,972
Thanks for all the replies, I can't return cuz I had already opened and loading music when I realized my mistake. With that said though I don't know if it's placebo affect but I'm really liking what I'm hearing compared to the Sansa. This sucker is huuuge compared to the clip..I might have to use my headphone amp with this, though it is louder with the gain on high. Is there any way to keep the screen from going to sleep? It seems I can't FF unless the screen is "on".

X5ii could fast forward even with the screen off it I remember well 

Jan 19, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #9,503 of 9,972

go to System settings > Key-lock settings and select Lockscreen 3.

Jan 23, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #9,507 of 9,972
X3 2nd is neutral, analytical sounding to me. Is the Fiio X5 2nd warmer sounding?

Jan 23, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #9,508 of 9,972
  X3 2nd is neutral, analytical sounding to me. Is the Fiio X5 2nd warmer sounding?

I'm the proud owner of X3ii but I compared it with X5ii a few days ago, I did my comparisons with my AKG K612 PRO and DT 770 (250 ohm) of my friend. Both DAPs sounded so similar as neutrality, clarity and detail. But X5ii has a very slight edge on instrumental seperation. X5ii about warm sounding, hmm... Definitely not colder but they seemed same to me actually.

Jan 23, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #9,509 of 9,972
I'm the proud owner of X3ii but I compared it with X5ii a few days ago, I did my comparisons with my AKG K612 PRO and DT 770 (250 ohm) of my friend. Both DAPs sounded so similar as neutrality, clarity and detail. But X5ii has a very slight edge on instrumental seperation. X5ii about warm sounding, hmm... Definitely not colder but they seemed same to me actually.

Just curious, X3ii able to drive 250Ohm headphone?
I tried it with HE-400i, darn hard to drive haha, I max out the volume on my X3ii with high gain, though what I heard from the headphone is not with Low volume but can feel that it's struggling, not dynamic.

Jan 24, 2017 at 3:44 AM Post #9,510 of 9,972
Just curious, X3ii able to drive 250Ohm headphone?
I tried it with HE-400i, darn hard to drive haha, I max out the volume on my X3ii with high gain, though what I heard from the headphone is not with Low volume but can feel that it's struggling, not dynamic.

You must be listening at a really high volume level (bad for your hearing) if you can max out the X3ii w/ 400i, I can't listen at more 95/120 which is about 87-93dB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back