The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Aug 8, 2016 at 4:30 AM Post #8,641 of 9,972

There was a firmware update to make the scroll wheel perform better and with my X3II, the scroll wheel works very well.

An update was released for the X1 as well, but my device still has that wheel issue despite my updating to the latest firmware version.
triportsad.gif

dissembled ,

We are so sorry that your X1's wheel may need to be repaired, please kindly contact your seller or you can send email to us at support@fiio.net.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 8, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #8,642 of 9,972
I've seen so many posts on the X1 thread and this thread about wheel problems even after the fw update that fixed the wheel. I can't see Fiio using the scroll wheel again for any newer generation of X1, X3 or X5. I think it needs to be buttons or touch screen. Scroll wheels seem to be too unreliable.

Aug 8, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #8,643 of 9,972
I've seen so many posts on the X1 thread and this thread about wheel problems even after the fw update that fixed the wheel. I can't see Fiio using the scroll wheel again for any newer generation of X1, X3 or X5. I think it needs to be buttons or touch screen. Scroll wheels seem to be too unreliable.

What about the Apple scrool wheel ? is it use different system ? I'v never get wheel issues with my iPod. Can FiiO used, share the same type without any copyright issues ?

Yes, buttons & TS will be less manipulations, less problems I think! Most popular DAP today use buttons, no wheels! The reasons are there! Just thinks about... iBasso - Loto Paw Gold - FiiO X7 - A&K -

Aug 8, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #8,644 of 9,972
What about the Apple scrool wheel ? is it use different system ? I'v never get wheel issues with my iPod. Can FiiO used, share the same type without any copyright issues ?

Yes, buttons & TS will be less manipulations I think! Most popular DAP use buttons, no wheels! The reasons are there!

I think James mentioned in a post awhile ago that they can't use a scroll wheel like Apple's because Apple has a patent on it. Otherwise that would be the perfect solution.

Aug 8, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #8,645 of 9,972
Can anyone direct me on how to install the driver on a Win7 machine? I downloaded the driver directly from FIIOs and I cannot connect the device and transfer music to it. A SD adapter is not an option, I need to directly transfer the music using the X3ii connection. Thanks!

Aug 8, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #8,646 of 9,972
  Can anyone direct me on how to install the driver on a Win7 machine? I downloaded the driver directly from FIIOs and I cannot connect the device and transfer music to it. A SD adapter is not an option, I need to directly transfer the music using the X3ii connection. Thanks!

First thing to check is that the USB mode on the X3 is set to "Storage" and not "DAC". It shouldn't need a driver - just detected as a USB mass storage device.

Aug 8, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #8,647 of 9,972

No driver necessary.  Make sure you are set to storage and not DAC in the setting menu.

Aug 8, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #8,650 of 9,972

Oh I hope not either, I just got my x3ii.

Aug 8, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #8,651 of 9,972

How i went to buy an E12 for my X3II :
X3II is a great product! I love the design and UI! But sadly i'm not really pleased with the sound :) I tried X5II and X7 , better but not my sound signature. Yes, it has detail, good bass and separation. But my brain does not like the tonality. It sounds harsh and not natural to me. And last week i went to BH, to get the e12. I was wondering how X3 goes with it. When i was looking for the e12 in the store, display section stole my attention! And then i saw it ! I saw the iBasso DX80. I got the E12, and after i went to give DX80 a try... My microSD goes in together with my DT's and WOW ! Brain orgasm! Thats my sound. But lets go back to X3II and E12 combo. 
E12 makes a big difference to me. Bass becomes more precise. Soundstage gets wider and micro details are more refined, improving imaging. A bit of harshness is gone too. 
I would stay with this combo if not one thing... Damn DX80 blew my mind. So tomorrow ill return the E12 and get the iBasso. Wallet not happy, but still...  
Sorry X3, i really tried to love you... :)
What lesson i did learn from this ? Never buy a DAP without listening to it first :D  

Aug 9, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #8,652 of 9,972

How i went to buy an E12 for my X3II :
X3II is a great product! I love the design and UI! But sadly i'm not really pleased with the sound :) I tried X5II and X7 , better but not my sound signature. Yes, it has detail, good bass and separation. But my brain does not like the tonality. It sounds harsh and not natural to me. And last week i went to BH, to get the e12. I was wondering how X3 goes with it. When i was looking for the e12 in the store, display section stole my attention! And then i saw it ! I saw the iBasso DX80. I got the E12, and after i went to give DX80 a try... My microSD goes in together with my DT's and WOW ! Brain orgasm! Thats my sound. But lets go back to X3II and E12 combo. 
E12 makes a big difference to me. Bass becomes more precise. Soundstage gets wider and micro details are more refined, improving imaging. A bit of harshness is gone too. 
I would stay with this combo if not one thing... Damn DX80 blew my mind. So tomorrow ill return the E12 and get the iBasso. Wallet not happy, but still...  
Sorry X3, i really tried to love you... :)
What lesson i did learn from this ? Never buy a DAP without listening to it first :D  

Enjoy your DX80.  I was looking at one myself, but went with the X5II instead after reading reviews and the DX80 threads.  Some people have issues, some don't and hopefully you have a good experience with yours.  I'd be curious to hear your comparisons of the two DAPs.

Aug 9, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #8,653 of 9,972
  Enjoy your DX80.  I was looking at one myself, but went with the X5II instead after reading reviews and the DX80 threads.  Some people have issues, some don't and hopefully you have a good experience with yours.  I'd be curious to hear your comparisons of the two DAPs.

I have a friend that owns the X5II and it really sounds great. From the short time I listened to it it sounded more open and airy than the X3II with better instrument separation. It just sounded very nice but a little too pricey for me. Very well built too like the X3II. I hope you enjoy yours!
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 9, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #8,654 of 9,972

I have a friend that owns the X5II and it really sounds great. From the short time I listened to it it sounded more open and airy than the X3II with better instrument separation. It just sounded very nice but a little too pricey for me. Very well built too like the X3II. I hope you enjoy yours!
bigsmile_face.gif

I just needed more room for storage.  The DX80 had 2 card slots and OTG, but it seemed very buggy from everything I read about it and I'm just not a fan of bugs...lol.  Now I'll have the X1, X3II, and the X5II so I should be good for a while.
biggrin.gif

Aug 9, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #8,655 of 9,972
  I just needed more room for storage.  The DX80 had 2 card slots and OTG, but it seemed very buggy from everything I read about it and I'm just not a fan of bugs...lol.  Now I'll have the X1, X3II, and the X5II so I should be good for a while.
biggrin.gif

Yeah that's a good collection of DAPs. I have X1 and X3II. I think you will enjoy the sound of it as well as getting more storage space. Even if you have a couple 200gb cards that's alot of storage space! I just have a 128gb card for my X3II and one for my X1 but a good portion of my collection is downloaded from iTunes so it doesn't take much room. The rest is CDs ripped in ALAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back