The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Oct 20, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #6,091 of 9,972

The X7? Nice. I am a physical button fan. I am looking at the X5ii as it is on sale at Sonic Electronix for $315. Love the fact that it has a better screen and slightly better sound. But I am being a little hesitant as I have heard that; huge music library, album arts and EQ can make the X5ii sluggish.

I actually HATE touchscreens, myself, and wish the X7 was being made with physical buttons rather than a damn touchscreen.  But, I want the best sound-quality I can get in my prcie-range, and care more about that than about the physical interface of the device.

Oct 20, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #6,092 of 9,972
  I actually HATE touchscreens, myself, and wish the X7 was being made with physical buttons rather than a damn touchscreen.  But, I want the best sound-quality I can get in my prcie-range, and care more about that than about the physical interface of the device.

TBH, the X7 should work fine as it has those physical play/pause and skip buttons on its side. And I agree it may not be altogether fair to let preferences such as need for physical buttons drive your choices when you are after good sound. But its beyond my budget for now. May be once the next iteration comes out I would have saved up enough to afford one. 

Oct 20, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #6,093 of 9,972

The X7? Nice. I am a physical button fan. I am looking at the X5ii as it is on sale at Sonic Electronix for $315. Love the fact that it has a better screen and slightly better sound. But I am being a little hesitant as I have heard that; huge music library, album arts and EQ can make the X5ii sluggish.

I'm upgrading to the X5ii also. I already ordered it actually. Love the X3ii but I'm really looking forward to the X5ii and as far as I know or read the sluggishness isn't that big a deal. The X5ii looks like the best DAP out there in it's price range.

Oct 20, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #6,094 of 9,972

I'm upgrading to the X5ii also. I already ordered it actually. Love the X3ii but I'm really looking forward to the X5ii and as far as I know or read the sluggishness isn't that big a deal. The X5ii looks like the best DAP out there in it's price range.

Cool. I just added a post on the X5 thread asking for people's impression on X5's UI performance. I look forward to hearing your impressions too.

Oct 20, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #6,096 of 9,972
As long as your album art is not huge and your tags are in order and your card is from a reputed vendor from a recognized brand you should be fine with the X5ii's UI. Also, to be safe, best to format the card with the units format tool in the System Settings.

Oct 20, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #6,097 of 9,972

Great! I'd be happy to give you my impressions when I get it. There is probably alot on the X5ii thread already too.

Thanks!

As long as your album art is not huge and your tags are in order and your card is from a reputed vendor from a recognized brand you should be fine with the X5ii's UI. Also, to be safe, best to format the card with the units format tool in the System Settings.

Thank you! The moment I bought the X3ii, I deleted all the album art from my entire library (album art is not a must-have for me). And I have a Sandisk 64GB and sure, I will make sure I format it in the X5.

Oct 21, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #6,098 of 9,972
Just ordered a x3ii, should be here friday, together with a 64GB kingston card 
L3000.gif

Oct 21, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #6,099 of 9,972
Oct 21, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #6,100 of 9,972

Congrats, think you are going to love it
biggrin.gif

Yeah, can't wait to get it. Now that i've got the Source section covered, it's time to get crazy collecting headphones and amps 
biggrin.gif

Oct 22, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #6,101 of 9,972
I have just refreshed the fw from 1.11 to 1.3. Have to say, I am pleased. :) The scroll wheel seems to be much more responsive. Going back to the 'now playing' screen is also a nice touch.

I like my X3ii. Her clean and powerful line out sound is the heart of my current system. :)

Oct 22, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #6,102 of 9,972
  I like my X3ii. Her clean and powerful line out sound is the heart of my current system. :)

I see that you have an IE80. I find the neutral sound of X3ii complement the warm sound of the IE80 resulting in an overall smooth signature. Makes the listening experience very relaxing and helps in very long listening sessions. The X3ii also helps in retrieving the details of the notes and instruments that are on the far end of the soundstage adding an extra nice touch.

Oct 22, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #6,103 of 9,972

I see that you have an IE80. I find the neutral sound of X3ii complement the warm sound of the IE80 resulting in an overall smooth signature. Makes the listening experience very relaxing and helps in very long listening sessions. The X3ii also helps in retrieving the details of the notes and instruments that are on the far end of the soundstage adding an extra nice touch.

Agreed. But I prefer the sound with my Nano iCan and Fidelio X2 the most. :) (X3ii is also a good complement to X2's warm sound.) IE80 is just a travel option in my case.

Oct 23, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #6,104 of 9,972

Same i can say of my XBA-A3 IEMs and my NW-ZX100 DAP they have a very smooth signature

Users who are viewing this thread

Back