The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Oct 13, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #6,031 of 9,972
Mine can.

You have to use the supplied adapter with the 4-pole plug, from there a mono RCA cable (or one channel of a stereo RCA cable) to the DAC. Take care to set the multifunction output to «digital» (in the system menue).

Thanks.

Oct 13, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #6,032 of 9,972
Some Romanian retailers.
I found them from 175 / 200 / 225 and most expensive ones at 245. Most of them you can find here at arround 200.
I don.t know why but sony products has been all the time cheaper in here than any other places (only sonys).

Yeah Sony does some really messed-up annoying crap with their prices in Europe as compared to here in the United States and in Japan.  It gets on my nerves.

Oct 13, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #6,033 of 9,972
Before I moved to the US 4 years ago I was under the impression that, US was one of the biggest and lucrative markets for Sony. But with the shutting down of its online store and retail stores, I am thinking may be I was wrong. Was this how Sony's market presence has always been in the US, or did things change recently?

Oct 13, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #6,034 of 9,972
  Before I moved to the US 4 years ago I was under the impression that, US was one of the biggest and lucrative markets for Sony. But with the shutting down of its online store and retail stores, I am thinking may be I was wrong. Was this how Sony's market presence has always been in the US, or did things change recently?

They still have a HUGE market presence in the U.S., so I don't really know why they've shut down its U.S. stores.  But go to places like Walmart, Best Buy, and Target, as well as any high-end electronics or audio stores, and you'll ALWAYS find Sony stuff at all of them.  Sony headphones, yes, as well as speaker systems, TV's, DVD and BluRay players, etc., everything you can think of that Sony makes, you'll find it in stores all over the place, it's one of the most common brands around.  I see tons of people besides myself with Sony headphones here in American cities, as well as with Walkman DAP's, Sony Xperia smartphones, etc.  So it seriously baffles me as much as it baffles you that they don't have their own retail stores in this country.

Oct 13, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #6,035 of 9,972
  They still have a HUGE market presence in the U.S., so I don't really know why they've shut down its U.S. stores.  But go to places like Walmart, Best Buy, and Target, as well as any high-end electronics or audio stores, and you'll ALWAYS find Sony stuff at all of them.  Sony headphones, yes, as well as speaker systems, TV's, DVD and BluRay players, etc., everything you can think of that Sony makes, you'll find it in stores all over the place, it's one of the most common brands around.  I see tons of people besides myself with Sony headphones here in American cities, as well as with Walkman DAP's, Sony Xperia smartphones, etc.  So it seriously baffles me as much as it baffles you that they don't have their own retail stores in this country.

You are right. I do find Sony in all electronic stores. And not to mention the revenue it makes out of it's Playstation business (both hardware and game development). Now that brings me to the next question. (I am not knowledge about Sony's other product lines) But looking at Sony's headphone product line up and even walkmans, only a selective few seem to hit the US shores.

Once again, is that recent or  is that Sony's general market strategy?

Oct 13, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #6,037 of 9,972

You are right. I do find Sony in all electronic stores. And not to mention the revenue it makes out of it's Playstation business (both hardware and game development). Now that brings me to the next question. (I am not knowledge about Sony's other product lines) But looking at Sony's headphone product line up and even walkmans, only a selective few seem to hit the US shores.

Once again, is that recent or  is that Sony's general market strategy?

Maybe they just hate Americans like much of the rest of the world does? >_<  I have no idea, honestly.  It's really getting to annoy me at this point, though.  The MDR-100AAP has been available in Europe and Asia for over a month now but still isn't available here.
  Fiio is bringing 2 new colors to X1:

http://www.fiio.net/en/products/18

Black looks slick...

The black one is GORGEOUS!

Oct 14, 2015 at 3:03 AM Post #6,038 of 9,972
has anyone been listening to the hifiman 400s planars on X3 2nd gen?

i'm trying it out... at least on low gain, i'm almost maxed out on some of my quieter recordings.

i'm trying the 400s cans as a curiosity as to whether or not i would need a separate amp or the x3k would suffice.

thoughts welcomed...

Oct 14, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #6,039 of 9,972
The X3II / 400S combo sounds very good. I usually use the Hi setting just because the 400s' aren't quite as efficient as they're touted to be, although the Lo setting works too. I prefer the sound of the 400s' going through the iFi Micro DSD however (this is with no EQ through the X3).

Oct 14, 2015 at 9:47 AM Post #6,041 of 9,972
  Makes me want to get another X1 just to have it in black.  That's sharp.

I don't know, I might like to get the Blues for Christmas
bigsmile_face.gif
Wonder how close these blues would be
tongue_smile.gif

However Black and Blue do look good together
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back