The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Sep 16, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #5,778 of 9,972
My SanDisk 200GB arrived earlier today and I can confirm it works flawlessly in folder mode on the X3II. I don't do library updates which is why I can't confirm around that aspect.

How much did the 200GB card cost?  Last time I checked, they were super-expensive.

Sep 16, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #5,780 of 9,972

They're costing the same as their GB right now, two hundred dollars and under on Amazon.

Yeah that's insane, I'm not going to pay as much for storage as I paid for the DAP that the storage is going in.  Haha.

Sep 16, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #5,782 of 9,972

Yeah that's insane, I'm not going to pay as much for storage as I paid for the DAP that the storage is going in.  Haha.

Yeah, for the same money one can get 3 128GB cards. that's 384GB for the same price, effectively doubling the GB-to-buck ratio.

Sep 16, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #5,784 of 9,972
Any tips on not losing the tiny cards? How do you guys do it. Buying a big one would prevent a catastrophe. That alone is a reason to spend the extra $.

There's actually carrying-cases they make specifically for the purpose of keeping track of SD and Micro SD cards:

https://www.google.com/search?q=micro+sd+card+holder&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8  You can see a bunch of links to the various ones in those search results there.

That being said, I only have one Micro SD card, my 128gb one, so I just keep it in my X3ii all the time anyway and have no need for a carrying-case.

Sep 16, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #5,785 of 9,972
I have this one:
$_35.JPG

Bought it with my second Micro SD
wink_face.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/191417670400?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82

Sep 16, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #5,786 of 9,972
  Yeah, for the same money one can get 3 128GB cards. that's 384GB for the same price, effectively doubling the GB-to-buck ratio.

I think the point though, for our purposes, is that the X3ii only has ONE micro SD slot, so that it doesn't mean diddley-squat having 2 or 3 128gb cards as opposed to just one when it comes to using them in the X3ii.

Sep 16, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #5,787 of 9,972

I think the point though, for our purposes, is that the X3ii only has ONE micro SD slot, so that it doesn't mean diddley-squat having 2 or 3 128gb cards as opposed to just one when it comes to using them in the X3ii.

I know, but considering the price, the trade off of using two or three cards is totally acceptable, IMHO.
Also, 200GB card have been around for quite some time now, yet the prices are still extremely high.

Sep 16, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #5,788 of 9,972
  I know, but considering the price, the trade off of using two or three cards is totally acceptable, IMHO.
Also, 200GB card have been around for quite some time now, yet the prices are still extremely high.

You're better off buying an OTG cable (under $10) and a 128 to 256 flash drive ($30 to $50) that way you don't have to swap cards in and out all the time.  USB OTG works on the X3II and that's how I keep my flac files is on the flash drive and then put MP3s on the micro card.  I still use the silicone case and would hate to hate to take it on and off to switch cards out.  OTG makes more sense to me than multiple cards, but to each their own.

Sep 16, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #5,789 of 9,972
  You're better off buying an OTG cable (under $10) and a 128 to 256 flash drive ($30 to $50) that way you don't have to swap cards in and out all the time.  USB OTG works on the X3II and that's how I keep my flac files is on the flash drive and then put MP3s on the micro card.  I still use the silicone case and would hate to hate to take it on and off to switch cards out.  OTG makes more sense to me than multiple cards, but to each their own.

My sentiments exactly.  Also, it's not good for longterm life of the Micro-SD cards, nor for the card slot itself, to be swapping cards in and out all the time on a daily basis.

Sep 16, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #5,790 of 9,972
  My sentiments exactly.  Also, it's not good for longterm life of the Micro-SD cards, nor for the card slot itself, to be swapping cards in and out all the time on a daily basis.

I hate taking the microsd card out...such a nuisance to remove the case and all that. I only do it if I have to copy a large amount of music to the card. Otherwise I'll just do it via the usb cable even if it is slower. I find I only need to add or delete an album once in awhile anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back