The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Sep 15, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #5,761 of 9,972
Well, I'll give it a shot and will report back, eventually! Anyway, it won't ruin me, and I can always get something "bigger and better" if need be or it doesn't work out. Anyway, thanks!

EDIT: One negative review mentioned trouble surfacing after a few month of use! Hm... Still, I'll give it a shot!

Transcend cards are legit, pretty well known and very reliable, I use one of their 64gb cards just fine in my x3ii.

Sep 15, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #5,762 of 9,972
Transcend cards are legit, pretty well known and very reliable, I use one of their 64gb cards just fine in my x3ii.

Yup, i use many transcend cards with my reflex, and never had issues.

Sep 15, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #5,763 of 9,972
First thing that stuck out were the lows, there's more punch and it's favourably tighter.

I'd say overall the x3ii is more musical without that feeling of being too warm.

Noticing less floor noise using Westone 4r also.

This is just what I've taken note of in the first hour or so without having used my dx50 yet for a proper comparison.
i have same W4r IEM. How You feel X3 + w4r are in nice synergy ?
Waiting for some feedback from you! :wink: Am waiting for my X3II Using my X1 meantime!

Sep 15, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #5,764 of 9,972
It's probably just the adapter  
blink.gif

Sep 15, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #5,765 of 9,972
Regarding album art and iTunes, if you right click and get info look for the album art tab. If there is no image there then the art is not imbedded in the file and iTunes is just referencing where ever it exists on the hard drive. You need to make sure your album art is embedded or it won't show up on the X3ii. You could place one cover.jpg file per album in the same folder on the X3ii as an alternative.

As far as album art size it's safest to keep it at a resolution of 500x500 pixels or the X3ii might take a performance hit. FiiO recommends 1000x1000 or less but if using many files loaded on the card this could slow down the system.

Sep 15, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #5,766 of 9,972
As far as album art size it's safest to keep it at a resolution of 500x500 pixels or the X3ii might take a performance hit. FiiO recommends 1000x1000 or less but if using many files loaded on the card this could slow down the system.

This is very useful.  When using ripping programs that add album art, I invariably always resize the jpeg or replace it altogether.

Sep 15, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #5,767 of 9,972

I did read somewhere (one of the tech sites, guru3d possibly) that Transcend has an agreement with Samsung to re-brand their cards. Plus I think it was Transcend that first started talking about selling a 256gb card.

Sep 15, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #5,768 of 9,972

Well that's good to know then! :)  I just wasn't sure if they were or not, while I was just pointing out that I know for a fact, from experience, that Samsung EVO and Sandisk cards are both super-legit :)

Sep 15, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #5,769 of 9,972
  Well, I'll give it a shot and will report back, eventually! Anyway, it won't ruin me, and I can always get something "bigger and better" if need be or it doesn't work out. Anyway, thanks!

EDIT: One negative review mentioned trouble surfacing after a few month of use! Hm... Still, I'll give it a shot!

That will happen ocassionally even with the best of the best flash-memory in Micro SD form.  Even with the most reliable, best-made cards, somethign like one in every hundred or two hundred of them turns out to be a brick almost immediately.  It's the nature of micro-sized flash memory that errors and corrupted data can arise very easily.

Sep 15, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #5,770 of 9,972
I don't know about US. But in India, Transcend was the first to bring rugged hard-drives to the Consumer market. 4 years and still running strong.

Sep 15, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #5,771 of 9,972
  I don't know about US. But in India, Transcend was the first to bring rugged hard-drives to the Consumer market. 4 years and still running strong.

Wow dude.  What's the capacity and other specs on that drive?

Sep 15, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #5,772 of 9,972

Wow dude.  What's the capacity and other specs on that drive?

It's a 1TB, 5400rpm. I don't have the exact read & write speed numbers. The speed is good for a 5400rpm, 2011 release HD. The performance is consistent and I haven't had a single fail in all these years that I can remember. I am sure they must have a 7200rpm version now.

Sep 16, 2015 at 3:07 AM Post #5,773 of 9,972

Thanks, that's a relief to hear! I was on the verge of cancelling that too, but it had already dispatched. So, most likely I will get a reliable legit card. That's good to know. Again, thanks for letting me know!

EDIT: This is my #800 post. Never thought it would happen. Guess, it's a hobby after all, lol!

Sep 16, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #5,774 of 9,972
Regarding album art and iTunes, if you right click and get info look for the album art tab. If there is no image there then the art is not imbedded in the file and iTunes is just referencing where ever it exists on the hard drive. You need to make sure your album art is embedded or it won't show up on the X3ii. You could place one cover.jpg file per album in the same folder on the X3ii as an alternative.

Well, that's very useful info! I think the album art is embedded in most of my files, and for those files where it isn't it's rather easily fixed. The important thing is that the X3ii can handle it.

Coming from years of using iPods I guess I'm a little worried about the X3ii UI overall, but it seems to me most people are happy with it, and I'm flexible. As long as I can easily find artists, albums, song titles and see the album art I'll be more than happy. Never cared much for playlists, genres, and such stuff anyway.

Thanks!

Sep 16, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #5,775 of 9,972

Well that's good to know then! :)  I just wasn't sure if they were or not, while I was just pointing out that I know for a fact, from experience, that Samsung EVO and Sandisk cards are both super-legit :)

Please elaborate on legit vs. super-legit!

Just kidding LOL! 
dt880smile.png
, and thanks for your input which most likely saved me a lot of trouble! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back