The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
May 30, 2015 at 12:43 AM Post #3,887 of 9,972
If a micro SD card is much cheaper than the average price anywhere on the internet than 99%, it is fake...
Years ago I also bought a 32GB card from eBay which was fake. Only 2GB worked on it... As the seller had many positive feedbacks I told him, if he does not give my money back, I leave a negative feedback. He gave my money back immediately. However a couple of weeks after I saw he was banned from eBay...

May 30, 2015 at 2:05 AM Post #3,888 of 9,972
Even in Canada with the exchange rate, customs, shipping, and tax we pay almost twice as much up here and I live 20 minutes from the boarder.

i wish i could go all trailer park boys style and get you to send me some cloves via electric choo choo train to USA. haha. i hate that obama made flavored cigarettes illegal. sorry to take this OT. back to DAPs. haha.

May 30, 2015 at 2:26 AM Post #3,889 of 9,972
  If a micro SD card is much cheaper than the average price anywhere on the internet than 99%, it is fake...
Years ago I also bought a 32GB card from eBay which was fake. Only 2GB worked on it... As the seller had many positive feedbacks I told him, if he does not give my money back, I leave a negative feedback. He gave my money back immediately. However a couple of weeks after I saw he was banned from eBay...

and yes, i wholeheartedly agree with this statement. you definitely get what you pay for with electronics. just keep hitting up slickdeals.net for some good deals or reddit. something always comes up. also, amazon daily deals, staples, and/or best buy daily deal are good places to start looking.

May 30, 2015 at 3:07 AM Post #3,890 of 9,972
  If you don't mind waiting 2-6 weeks you can get a FAKE Samsung Class 10 128GB SD card on Ebay for $26.33:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Samsung-128GB-Class-10-Evo-MicroSD-MicroSDXC-Micro-TF-Memory-Card-UHS-I-U1-/111681553990?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1a00bd4646

I have a 32GB one I use in my tablet that I will use in my FiiO X3K until the one above arrives.  BTW, what name is everyone using?  X3K, X3II?

Fixed.

That is ok... But we are different... 2500-3000 tracks are enough for me for two weeks... And I prefer Flac quality over mp3... Some exceptional good mastering and recording might sound almost the same in Flac or mp3. But in general there is a difference. (Of course it also depends on what headphone you use....)

Not in my experience (flac vs mp3 320or AAC 256).

May 30, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #3,892 of 9,972
I guess I'm taking a bit of a gamble here but I'll let you know how things turn out.

Wow! I don't know how they could offer a 128gb card for that price. I'd be tempted too if I hadn't gotten burned a couple years ago and that was only a 64gb card. I hope it is legit though. 
smile.gif

May 30, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #3,893 of 9,972
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html

Counterfeit items

If a buyer suspects that an item is counterfeit, and there are strong indicators that the item is counterfeit, we don't require the buyer to return the item to the seller. The buyer agrees to cooperate with us to ensure the proper disposal of the item. In such instances, we refund the buyer for the full cost of the item and original shipping, and the seller reimburses us for the refund. The buyer may not sell the item on eBay or elsewhere.

I have had EBay refund for a counterfeit item once for me in 13 years on the site and this isn't the first item I have bought directly from China at this type of discount.  All you have to do is perform a speed test on the card and if it can't get close to the advertised speeds then contact Ebay.  Plus you can also use programs like CrystalDiskInfo to see exactly who made the SD card by hardware ID tags on the memory.  It's not like once you purchase an item on Ebay you are stuck with whatever happens.  Most people are either too lazy to contact Ebay or simply don't know how to do what I mentioned above in order to prove their case.

If you don't want to buy it that is fine, but if I can put up screens showing the information mentioned above I bet all of you will be buying them.  If this is fake I will also post that and I'll edit my post to remove the link.

May 30, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #3,895 of 9,972
  Wow! I don't know how they could offer a 128gb card for that price. I'd be tempted too if I hadn't gotten burned a couple years ago and that was only a 64gb card. I hope it is legit though. 
smile.gif

I would not even bet on that deal. But good luck for the buyers! :wink:

May 30, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #3,898 of 9,972
hi all, recently received my x3ii... still gathering impressions.  so far, i think the UI is not as complicated as i was expecting.  i've dumped a lot of lossless music on it and have been enjoying.  

any dc adapter recommendations?

thanks

ayres

May 30, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #3,899 of 9,972
  hi all, recently received my x3ii... still gathering impressions.  so far, i think the UI is not as complicated as i was expecting.  i've dumped a lot of lossless music on it and have been enjoying.  

thanks

ayres

apple one i heared that works best if you get the 2A one.

May 30, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #3,900 of 9,972

thanks

ayres

apple one i heared that works best if you get the 2A one.

Cable also plays huge part. I've tested many cables with the same charger and phone, different cable, the charging current varies quite a lot from 0.5A to 1.8A. Same phone, same charger.

But after some observation, if we have more time for longer charging time, actually the lower the charging current, the better. The battery is actually last longer with lower charging current.
We know that battery voltage varies with temperature. voltage will go up when temperature rise, and go down in lower temperature. When we charge with lower charging current, the battery temperature is lower than when charging with high current. So, in high current, due to high temperature, the battery voltage will measure higher, reaching the full charge voltage quicker. But actually when temperature goes back to room temperature, the voltage goes down a little. When we charge with low current, the battery doesn't heat up that much, therefore it reaches full charge voltage at lower temperature as compare to charging with higher current. Therefore, the battery is actually has been charger fuller in low charging current, due to the lower temperature of the battery. Therefore, it will last longer.

For my phone, at night, before sleep, I use the lowest current cable I could find, at around 0.5 A charging current. From my experience, my phone last longer than using high charging current.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back