The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
May 29, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #3,871 of 9,972
Most of my music on my DAP is mp3s at 256 and 320. I'm OK with slightly lossy music on the go. Its good enough for the airplane and the hotel room. I am fine with that small sacrifice in sound quality to carry a larger part of my library around with me since I am away from home a lot (sometimes up to a week or two at a time).

That is ok... But we are different... 2500-3000 tracks are enough for me for two weeks... And I prefer Flac quality over mp3... Some exceptional good mastering and recording might sound almost the same in Flac or mp3. But in general there is a difference. (Of course it also depends on what headphone you use....)

May 29, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #3,872 of 9,972
I just made an account with FiiO and registered my E12A but when I tried to register my X3II a pop up window says not record found. I then put the same security code into the Authenticity check and my X3II passed as Authentic. So why can't I register my X3II? Any idea James@fiio?

He won't get that, it's JamesFiiO

May 29, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #3,873 of 9,972
Is there a trick to getting the card out??? I'm pressing it but it's not clicking/popping out.

edit: It's ok I got it out, had to sort of tweak it over on the corner. Lesson to all - never buy 128Gb (or any size really) cards off ebay, especially when they claim "this is genuine card - not from China yada yada yada". I was having all sorts of trouble getting songs onto it, it only took about 8GB and then everything after that ended up a zero k file and caused the X3 to lockup.

A very frustrating and annoying experience, anyway I have the card out of the player and have started refund action through ebay. I will now go to a bricks and mortar shop and pay an exorbitant price for another card, at least then if it too is defective or fake I can walk back there and get instant resolution.

It's probably my only gripe so far with the X3 - no internal memory and a new format card that I have to now carry (everything else I own runs SD). Oh yeah not too enthusiastic about the slippery jog wheel either...be better if it had some sort of contours on it for better grip.

May 29, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #3,874 of 9,972
Is there a trick to getting the card out??? I'm pressing it but it's not clicking/popping out.

edit: It's ok I got it out, had to sort of tweak it over on the corner. Lesson to all - never buy 128Gb (or any size really) cards off ebay, especially when they claim "this is genuine card - not from China yada yada yada". I was having all sorts of trouble getting songs onto it, it only took about 8GB and then everything after that ended up a zero k file and caused the X3 to lockup.

A very frustrating and annoying experience, anyway I have the card out of the player and have started refund action through ebay. I will now go to a bricks and mortar shop and pay an exorbitant price for another card, at least then if it too is defective or fake I can walk back there and get instant resolution.

It's probably my only gripe so far with the X3 - no internal memory and a new format card that I have to now carry (everything else I own runs SD). Oh yeah not too enthusiastic about the slippery jog wheel either...be better if it had some sort of contours on it for better grip.

The Brick and mortar shop will match Amazon's price.

May 29, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #3,876 of 9,972
If you don't mind waiting 2-6 weeks you can get a Samsung Class 10 128GB SD card on Ebay for $26.33:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Samsung-128GB-Class-10-Evo-MicroSD-MicroSDXC-Micro-TF-Memory-Card-UHS-I-U1-/111681553990?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1a00bd4646

I have a 32GB one I use in my tablet that I will use in my FiiO X3K until the one above arrives.  BTW, what name is everyone using?  X3K, X3II?

May 29, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #3,877 of 9,972
  If you don't mind waiting 2-6 weeks you can get a Samsung Class 10 128GB SD card on Ebay for $26.33:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Samsung-128GB-Class-10-Evo-MicroSD-MicroSDXC-Micro-TF-Memory-Card-UHS-I-U1-/111681553990?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1a00bd4646

I have a 32GB one I use in my tablet that I will use in my FiiO X3K until the one above arrives.  BTW, what name is everyone using?  X3K, X3II?

Mate , that's exactly the sort of seller I'm talking about.... he/she has been a member since 2005 but only has 7 feedback ratings (one of which is negative) and they only have 2 listings?!

Good luck with that.

May 29, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #3,878 of 9,972
Always buy genuine cards from reputable dealers. Always.

May 29, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #3,880 of 9,972
Yeah it's a lesson learned alright, I buy a lot of stuff from overseas but it's the first time I got burned, hopefully ebay will come good with their "money back guarantee". It was only 40 bucks so won't kill me if it doesn't. Amazon is a funny one for delivery down here, some items they do but a lot they won't and if they do the shipping is quite high.

I ended up getting an Adata 64Gb class 10 UHS for about $50NZD (about 35 US) from our local online trading site here in NZ. The exact same card in our bricks and mortar shop here in town was $89 NZD! And they wonder why people don't buy from them any more...

You guys in North America don't know how lucky you are with all your free shipping etc haha we pay a premium down here.

May 29, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #3,881 of 9,972
Even in Canada with the exchange rate, customs, shipping, and tax we pay almost twice as much up here and I live 20 minutes from the boarder.

May 29, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #3,882 of 9,972
Yeah it's a lesson learned alright, I buy a lot of stuff from overseas but it's the first time I got burned, hopefully ebay will come good with their "money back guarantee". It was only 40 bucks so won't kill me if it doesn't. Amazon is a funny one for delivery down here, some items they do but a lot they won't and if they do the shipping is quite high.

I ended up getting an Adata 64Gb class 10 UHS for about $50NZD (about 35 US) from our local online trading site here in NZ. The exact same card in our bricks and mortar shop here in town was $89 NZD! And they wonder why people don't buy from them any more...

You guys in North America don't know how lucky you are with all your free shipping etc haha we pay a premium down here.

Yeah being an island in the middle of no where has its pros and con's. I would love to visit there but could never live there. On another note that show " Johnsons Almighty " is a great series!

May 29, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #3,883 of 9,972

I agree it's pretty tricky getting those little microSD cards in and especially out of the slot.

May 29, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #3,884 of 9,972

Great price, I'm going to give it a try. I just ordered one.

May 29, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #3,885 of 9,972
  I just made an account with FiiO and registered my E12A but when I tried to register my X3II a pop up window says not record found. I then put the same security code into the Authenticity check and my X3II passed as Authentic. So why can't I register my X3II? Any idea James@fiio?

I get the same thing when I try to register my X3II..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back