The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Dec 26, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #6,511 of 7,793
Personally I synchronize the music files from my PC to a 128GB card, so this workaround would not work for me (since I would need to change this structure also in my PC and this is not something I am willing to do).

FWIW I sync from a PC to the X1 using the free version of Media Monkey which allows me to define the folder hierarchy to be used on the device. It's slower syncing via USB but to me it's worth it for that kind of control. Usually when I'm syncing I'm swapping out 10 CDs worth of music max so it's doable at USB speeds - I'm using FLAC files exclusively.

Dec 28, 2015 at 7:56 AM Post #6,512 of 7,793
On first listen, the X1 sounds like it has less fullness than my iPhone 6s but I do hear more detail. I really like the idea of a dedicated DAP for playing FLAC but not if my iPhone playing Spotify on Extreme sounds better. I'll give my ears some time to warm up to the sound. I'm mostly using it with Ety HF5.

BTW, it seems to be shipping with a hard clear plastic shell instead of the rubber now.

Dec 30, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #6,513 of 7,793
My Fiio X1 has been having issues where, during a song, it will start playing a small piece of another song (maybe 2 seconds) then switch back to the original song. What? It's not the actual song files (it doesn't do this when I listen to music on Foobar).. Any Ideas? I have the latest firmware driver installed. Thanks.

Dec 30, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #6,514 of 7,793
  My Fiio X1 has been having issues where, during a song, it will start playing a small piece of another song (maybe 2 seconds) then switch back to the original song. What? It's not the actual song files (it doesn't do this when I listen to music on Foobar).. Any Ideas? I have the latest firmware driver installed. Thanks.

The file table holding the physical locations on the card of your songs might be messed up a bit. . You could try formatting the card in the player, and reloading all the music on the card. Or else try using a different card.

Dec 30, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #6,516 of 7,793
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 30, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #6,518 of 7,793
brought my FiiO X1 to work. people usually put on CD's but the cd player was broken.
the X1 was the hot topic of the day. everyone wanted to know what it was. i sent 3 people emails to the amazon link for it. answered lots of questions about it.

one guy asked what it was called the moment i mentioned it could do line out :)

cool to know a dedicated music player isn't something people have written off yet... people still like dedicated devices for stuff even if  smartphones are advertised as the end-all-be-all-do-all...

Dec 30, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #6,519 of 7,793
Some more questions...

1. I still don't understand key-lock settings. I've chosen different settings and I still don't see a difference.

2. When choosing a play mode, what do the three horizontal lines mean?

3. Is there a way to shuffle throughout my entire library?

Thanks in advance!

Dec 30, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #6,520 of 7,793
  Some more questions...

1. I still don't understand key-lock settings. I've chosen different settings and I still don't see a difference.

2. When choosing a play mode, what do the three horizontal lines mean?

3. Is there a way to shuffle throughout my entire library?

Thanks in advance!

1. Setting 1 locks all buttons, 2 lets you use Play/Pause, 3 lets u use Prev/Next buttons. Vol buttons are always unlocked.
2. Lines means Normal (i.e. no shuffle)
3. Yes. Just find All Songs in the Categories menu.

Dec 30, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #6,522 of 7,793
Just listened for an hour, seems to be.

Did you need to use a different card, or was reformatting and reloading the card good enough?

Jan 5, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #6,524 of 7,793
Hi all,been reading these forums for a while,trying to decide if an X1 should be mine....and I'm going for it soon! Headphones I use are Sennheiser HD201 and HD215. Are there any budget cans anyone can suggest which are a good pair for the X1? I tend to listen to rockand symphonic rock, thanks :)

Jan 5, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #6,525 of 7,793
Hi all,been reading these forums for a while,trying to decide if an X1 should be mine....and I'm going for it soon! Headphones I use are Sennheiser HD201 and HD215. Are there any budget cans anyone can suggest which are a good pair for the X1? I tend to listen to rockand symphonic rock, thanks :)

Do you want open or closed headphones? Or perhaps open or closed earphones? Closed headphones give isolation(some much more than others) which can be good or bad depending on the circumstances. Sometimes using closed headphones can be quite dangerous, such as when crossing traffic intersections. The best isolating IEMs(in the ear canal isolating earphones isolate better than headphones. Closed headphones to to give much greater bass impact than open headphones. Closed headphones that isolate well tend to be uncomfortable due to high clamping force and/or ears overheating. They are great to wear outside in the cold though instead of ear muffs. 

Good open headphones or earphones tend to give much better sound stage and midrange detail than closed ones. 

What to choose should depend on where you want to use it, how much you want to spend, and which types of music you listen to most. Most people here tend to have a few headphones and earphone to use for different occasions. For example, for use on a noisy bus, train or airplane, many use IEMs(in the ear canal isolating earphones) which isolate well. The benefits are great isolation, and great portability, as the IEMs will fit in a pocket with the player or phone. For use at home, especially for classical music or jazz, many use good open headphones such as the Sennheiser HD598, or perhaps something better. For use while exercising, some use  clip on earphones or  clip on headphones that have ear hooks to keep them in place while very active. For example Koss KSC75 or perhaps one of the Sennheiser ones. Good ones that are open and have ear clips are getting harder to find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back