The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Jul 14, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #6,001 of 7,793
  When physically scrolling in one direction, it will go (in the interface): forward, forward, forward, and then skip back once or twice, before going forward again, and then maybe it won't go forward or backwards at all (all while physically scrolling in the same direction). Any tips on how to address/fix/get around the problem? It bugs me a whole bunch.

It's been addressed in this thread before. Not much you can do besides avoid using the wheel and use the bottom left/right keys instead.

Jul 14, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #6,002 of 7,793
  It's been addressed in this thread before. Not much you can do besides avoid using the wheel and use the bottom left/right keys instead.

Do you remember FIIO answers about that issue?  
Thanks

Jul 14, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #6,003 of 7,793
  When physically scrolling in one direction, it will go (in the interface): forward, forward, forward, and then skip back once or twice, before going forward again, and then maybe it won't go forward or backwards at all (all while physically scrolling in the same direction). Any tips on how to address/fix/get around the problem? It bugs me a whole bunch.

This is normal. An per Fiio's comments on the official forum as a response to a customer this seems to be "by design":

http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=40290&pid=106591

Jul 14, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #6,004 of 7,793
@chupacabra314,

Thanks! Many different ones to choose from. Yeah, RB would be great on the X1 however, I kinda like the UI, once you get used to it.

The gapless playback on the X1 is really great though. The scroll wheel, hmmm, gets getting used to but overall I've tried to manage it with the different clicks.

I also have the DX50 and have not really wanted to RB it though. Like it as is, but gapless is hit or miss with original firmware. Album art doesn't display crisp either. It's an ongoing dilemma that we thought would get fixed with firmware updates. So, the dx50 is used mainly with single tracks on shuffle.

Jul 15, 2015 at 1:42 AM Post #6,007 of 7,793
  Still fiddling around with the X1.  Hooked up a nice night stand setup.  Sounding great!!!  Love this little player!

What is the Amp and Headphone in your night stand setup ? Me I use my X11 with FIIO E12 Mont Blanc and Grado SR-225I... How would you compare my Mont Blanc to your Amp ?
Thank you

Jul 15, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #6,008 of 7,793
Hello pixelsphotopro,

Tha amp is an Objective2 (O2) and the headphones are Ultrasone PRO650.

I have read great things about the E12 but I have never listened to it, so can't compare them.

I have noticed the X1 pairs well with the various amps I have tried. It has stayed true to the sound, keeping clarity and detail.

Cheers!

Jul 16, 2015 at 5:56 AM Post #6,009 of 7,793
Last few days i test Sansa Clip+ (rockbox) and FiiO X1 with my ATH-IM70 at my home.
I heard many genres and all was good-quality FLAC's.
I hear no difference between this two players.
I think there is absolutely no any advantage X1 over Clip+. Especially on a noisy city streets what is primary for me.
I do not listen music with headphones at home.
Must say Sansa is more better because of weight and size with same quality of sound for IEM
(not sure about "big" headphones what i hate to use on a street because of its stupid appearance - it is looks like i am preparing to be an astronaut.)

Jul 16, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #6,010 of 7,793
  Last few days i test Sansa Clip+ (rockbox) and FiiO X1 with my ATH-IM70 at my home.
I think there is absolutely no any advantage X1 over Clip+. Especially on a noisy city streets what is primary for me.
Must say Sansa is more better because of weight and size with same quality of sound for IEM
(not sure about "big" headphones what i hate to use on a street because of its stupid appearance - it is looks like i am preparing to be an astronaut.)

No doubt the Clip+ wins in portability.

To me, the sound of the Fiio X1 is more of a refinement over the Clip+ than a revolution.

This was apparent when my X1 ran out of battery one day while I was out. Returning to my Clip+ after a few months' hiatus, I noticed that it doesn't sound terrible compared to the X1, just less polished.

It kind of reminded me why I had used the Clip+ for two years before switching to the X1.

Jul 16, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #6,011 of 7,793

I felt the same way initially but after spending a few months with the X1 the Clip defitiely sounds worse to me, particularly in the highs. There's less detail and a touch of sibiance sometimes. I also spend a lot of time listening outdoors like the subway for example and I still hear a difference. Mind you I'm one of the people that cant tell between flac and 320k mp3. Maybe depends on the earphones you use.

Here is my comparison based on pairing them with my W30s and rockbox on the sansa.

Sound: X1 is more detaied and refined. Clip is warmer.
UI/UX: Clip wins bc of rockbox. X1 UI is slow as hell if you have album art or a lot of tracks in the same playlist. The scroll wheel of the X1 seems like a great idea at first but the way Fiio set up the software it's pretty useless.
Battery life: draw
Portability: Clip wins but not by much. If you get a clear case and a belt clip for the X1 (check my post a few pages earlier) it's pretty awesome.
Looks: X1 duh :)

Jul 16, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #6,012 of 7,793
if one DAP had it all, we would buy it and be done. I own too many DAPs when I really need 1, and really use 3 on a regular basis. my sony a15 lasts forever and is so nice to use you never actually think about the DAP.  but it's 4ohm, the audio specs are meh(distortions), and the hiss audible on many of my IEMs. so I have to cherry pick the IEMs I use with it.

the clip+ is 1ohm, it has rockbox and I abuse the EQ possibilities, it's super small. really cool. but it does that buffering noise every 30secs or so and I end up also cherry picking my IEMs for something not too sensitive and not too low impedance (I feel like the soundstage/headstage collapses on the clip with really low impedance IEMs, can't prove it, only a small feeling).

the X1 measures better than both above, and it goes a little louder than the clip (the sony is clear last), so for many headphones, the X1 might drive them loud enough when the clip will let people wishing that it could go to 11. the impedance is 2ohm, while it's not 100% clear from audible changes with all IEMs, most of them(16ohm and above) will still have less than 1db change compared to a 0ohm source, so a lot less than 1db variation compared to the 1ohm of the clip. an in most cases they will sound about the same(maybe extreme stuff like a se846 will have an audible change in frequency response and be just a little warmer on the X1? IDK but it will measure that way).
now of course the X1 has a poor UI for a 2015 product, and that's really 80% of why I still have the other DAPs around.

in conclusion, most people can be very happy with all 3 of those, but a few will be very annoyed by one parameter, and for those guys the choice will be important. like me being obsessed with noise^_^, that makes the X1 the winner on sound for that reason alone, and the rest of the specs also show it as a winner. but it loses with EMI noises to both other DAPs. some will care, some won't.
that's how specific things can get when you're a maniac
biggrin.gif

still in the 100$ zone, I believe the X1 to be the best fidelity choice there is ATM. FIIO did something good there.

Jul 17, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #6,014 of 7,793
I have a problem... Recently my fiio x1 started to make a pop noise with any kind of headphones.. Is my unit broken in some way?
Update: The popping noise begins when connecting the unit to a charger, I left it off overnight and began to use it in the morning and nothing happened, as soon as I plug the unit the popping sound starts. Also, the unit turns on and off constantly during charge.

Jul 17, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #6,015 of 7,793
Update: The popping noise begins when connecting the unit to a charger, I left it off overnight and began to use it in the morning and nothing happened, as soon as I plug the unit the popping sound starts. Also, the unit turns on and off constantly during charge.
Update, Update lol: I was using the unit and tried to play an mp3 and the unit turned off without the "see ya" message and now it won't turn on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back