The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Jul 12, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #5,986 of 7,793
  I would look into an amp.  You have good headphones, but an amp will really bring out the sound you are looking for without needing  new DAP.  I would recommend a Topping NX1 amp.  I used that amp with my X1 and HD 558 and it paired extremely well together.  I only bought an X3II because I wanted OTG storage for my growing library.  I did back and forth testing and really couldn't tell a difference in sound between the amped X1 and the non-amped X3II with the same headphones.  Unless you need the added features of the X5II and if you have the money, then I say go for that, but most folks will tell you to invest in headphones first.  You'll be surprised at how an amp can boost the soundstage and add color (or bass) depending on the amp.  You could also look into a FiiO E11k for a little more and get a bass boost (although passive) and keep your existing set up and save a lot of money.  Just my thoughts.

I wholeheartedly endorse the X1/NX1 pairing. You're not going to find better sound anywhere for a cost so stupidly low (without upgrading your headphones or DAP, of course).

Jul 12, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #5,987 of 7,793
Hi there,

Someone has already posted this question on a thread, but no one has answer to him.

I'm sure some of you have this combo Fiio X1 + RHA MA7501 IEMs. I read that X1 supports CTIA standard inline remotes and I also read that the MA750i IEMS only works with Apple products (which I think are similar to CTIA?).

Does the inline remote of the RHA MA750i works with the X1?

Thanks

Jul 12, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #5,988 of 7,793
Hello, I'm a new member of head-fi. I recently bought a new fiio x1 and its working good except two things.........
1. Some times I've to press the power button twice or more to turn it on. ( long press as prescribed)
2. MicroSd card end is not parallel with its body surface (card left side is down and right side is high). it may be due to the microsd slot.
FW: 1.4 (default)
microsd: sandisk ultra 64 gb
So, want to know if any one having this problem with his fiio x1? and is there any way to fix it?

Jul 12, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #5,989 of 7,793
the power ON is done with a 3second press, if you press just 1second it doesn't turn ON, if you press for 2 hours it might just turn back OFF when you release ^_^.

Jul 12, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #5,991 of 7,793
I'm pressing it for 3 sec or 5 sec but its working sometimes and sometimes not. What do u think?

just remove the case and look at the led at the bottom of the X1 for a few days, it shines as soon as the contact has been pressed long enough, if it doesn't:
-you didn't press long enough
-or not deep enough(no need to walk on the button with an elephant either ^_^).
-or maybe there is a contact problem and you would have to send it back for repair if you want any improvement(those stuff usually go from bad to "it's broken" so don't wait for the warranty to expire).

Jul 12, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #5,992 of 7,793
  Hi there,

Someone has already posted this question on a thread, but no one has answer to him.

I'm sure some of you have this combo Fiio X1 + RHA MA7501 IEMs. I read that X1 supports CTIA standard inline remotes and I also read that the MA750i IEMS only works with Apple products (which I think are similar to CTIA?).

Does the inline remote of the RHA MA750i works with the X1?

Thanks

Any inline remote spec'ed for Apple should partially work with the X1 (and Android phones).
Working: Microphone, Play/Pause (single click the play button), Next Track (double click the play button), Prev Track (triple click the play button).
Not working: Volume control, separate Next/Prev buttons, FF/RW

That (at least for me) makes any Apple remote useless for the X1 or any Android .

Jul 13, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #5,994 of 7,793
Can u tell me is that led indicator suppose to glow with a mild green color ( barely noticeable without a dark place), even when the device is off. That Green light almost glow like night glow stickers. Is this normal?

There should be no lights on when the unit is off unless you have it plugged in and charging.

Jul 13, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #5,995 of 7,793
hi folks!

what does that mean:

http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/FiioX1

???

is there someone working on a rockboxable fiio x1?

basshead.gif

Jul 13, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #5,996 of 7,793
  hi folks!

what does that mean:

???

basshead.gif

This would be a dream coming true... 
smily_headphones1.gif

But, as you can see at the bottom of that page, the latest update of that page was on March 29th, so unfortunately it does not seem to have any active development...

EDIT: The IRC chat from Sep last year also does not give a good perspective:

00:27
Fiio-Noob
Is Rockbox available on DAPs like Fiio X1, X3, X5?
00:28
copper
Fiio-Noob: nope
00:29
copper
and there are currently no plans to port Rockbox to those players

http://www.rockbox.org/irc/log-20140930

Jul 13, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #5,997 of 7,793
  hi folks!

what does that mean:

???

basshead.gif

This would be a dream coming true... 
smily_headphones1.gif

But, as you can see at the bottom of that page, the latest update of that page was on March 29th, so unfortunately it does not seem to have any active development...

EDIT: The IRC chat from Sep last year also does not give a good perspective:

That would be great but don't think that'll happen for a while.  I do like the X1 as is.  Until then, when I need a Rockbox fix, the 5.5G fits the bill nicely:

Jul 14, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #5,998 of 7,793
  Any inline remote spec'ed for Apple should partially work with the X1 (and Android phones).
Working: Microphone, Play/Pause (single click the play button), Next Track (double click the play button), Prev Track (triple click the play button).
Not working: Volume control, separate Next/Prev buttons, FF/RW

That (at least for me) makes any Apple remote useless for the X1 or any Android .

Thanks, seems useless for me too.

If anyone owns or has owned the X1 + MA750i can confirm, I'll be thankful.

Jul 14, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #5,999 of 7,793

That would be great but don't think that'll happen for a while.  I do like the X1 as is.  Until then, when I need a Rockbox fix, the 5.5G fits the bill nicely:

That's a sweet theme you got there. 

For me Rockbox would double the value of the X1. The stock software is so slow and is still missing features like fast scroll.

Jul 14, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #6,000 of 7,793
When physically scrolling in one direction, it will go (in the interface): forward, forward, forward, and then skip back once or twice, before going forward again, and then maybe it won't go forward or backwards at all (all while physically scrolling in the same direction). Any tips on how to address/fix/get around the problem? It bugs me a whole bunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back