The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Jul 2, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #5,956 of 7,793

No Sir, no clicking sound - it looks like it has reached the end of the slot.

Finally got it out by using an eye lash remover (wife's emergency toolkit)!!!

Jul 3, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #5,958 of 7,793
Just received the X1 a few hours ago (first Fiio DAP).  Gotta say, very happy with the sound.  So far with two headphones it's kickin' @ss.  No iems, or line out yet, but soon.  Gapless playback is flawless and love the album art display (files are all ALAC with embedded art).

Cheers!!!

Jul 3, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #5,959 of 7,793
  Just received the X1 a few hours ago (first Fiio DAP).  Gotta say, very happy with the sound.  So far with two headphones it's kickin' @ss.  No iems, or line out yet, but soon.  Gapless playback is flawless and love the album art display (files are all ALAC with embedded art).

Cheers!!!

I too received the X1 a few hours ago, nice little DAP, pretty amazed so far! Nice photo :)

Jul 3, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #5,960 of 7,793
  I too received the X1 a few hours ago, nice little DAP, pretty amazed so far! Nice photo :)

Indeed!

Thanks! 
beerchug.gif

Jul 4, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #5,963 of 7,793
I'm noticing when I click the enter button or center button I can't feel the click when pressing on the left upper corner but the click is way more noticeable when pressing on the right lower corner, is this normal?

Jul 4, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #5,964 of 7,793

Andrea Bocelli's - Sogno album in FLAC usually gets the job done for me. (see if you can track that down) 

Definitely not Miley Cyrus though, that will actually ruin your sound system.

I've managed to find a 24bit 96000 Hz FLAC copy of the Sogno album and it is very good for testing sound quality of equipment and EQ settings, but I am finding very difficult to change the Equalizer to get the right effect,

I know the left side of the EQ is bass and the right side is treble but not sure how the different levels affect individual instrument sounds.

The main trouble at the moment is that treble sounds are very harsh, for instance Celine's voice in the 2nd song on the album is very harsh. There is a tsk type sound that almost cuts my ears it is that sharp.  I want to get rid of that and the echo that goes with it without weakening treble type sounds such as a violin.

Also the bass drowns out the space like a hum almost rather than being discrete.

I am not good at describing how things sound so I hope this makes sense.

Edit: Lowering the volume seems to help. Not sure how that works. :)

Jul 4, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #5,965 of 7,793
I've managed to find a 24bit 96000 Hz FLAC copy of the Sogno album and it is very good for testing sound quality of equipment and EQ settings, but I am finding very difficult to change the Equalizer to get the right effect,

I know the left side of the EQ is bass and the right side is treble but not sure how the different levels affect individual instrument sounds.

The main trouble at the moment is that treble sounds are very harsh, for instance Celine's voice in the 2nd song on the album is very harsh. There is a tsk type sound that almost cuts my ears it is that sharp.  I want to get rid of that and the echo that goes with it without weakening treble type sounds such as a violin.

Also the bass drowns out the space like a hum almost rather than being discrete.

I am not good at describing how things sound so I hope this makes sense.

Edit: Lowering the volume seems to help. Not sure how that works. :)

The EQ doesn't work on files that are above 48kHz sampling rate.

Jul 4, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #5,966 of 7,793
I'm noticing when I click the enter button or center button I can't feel the click when pressing on the left upper corner but the click is way more noticeable when pressing on the right lower corner, is this normal?

Must be normal, mine do the same, but I think we are supposed to press dead center on that kind of button and you can feel it big time.

Jul 4, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #5,967 of 7,793
I need some help on what could be the best EQ to use with the X1 and the Grado SR225 ? I did try many conbination but still looking for an all purpose EQ for Vocal and classic music.
Thank you
Daniel
happy_face1.gif

Jul 4, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #5,968 of 7,793
  I need some help on what could be the best EQ to use with the X1 and the Grado SR225 ? I did try many conbination but still looking for an all purpose EQ for Vocal and classic music.
Thank you
Daniel
happy_face1.gif

At least in my experience there is no "one EQ fits all". It depends not only on the style of the music you are hearing, but also on the quality of the recording and how the master was mixed. It also depends greately on the headphones you are using. Add to all of these the individual and personal listening hearing preferences, and you can see why I believe recommending EQ settings are worthless.

With that said, you can start with the standard EQ presets in X1 and start adjusting them (yes, the standard presets can be edited) according to your own preferences.

Anyway, this is only my opinion, others may think different and have some actual recommendations to you... 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 4, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #5,969 of 7,793

At least in my experience there is no "one EQ fits all". It depends not only on the style of the music you are hearing, but also on the quality of the recording and how the master was mixed. It also depends greately on the headphones you are using. Add to all of these the individual and personal listening hearing preferences, and you can see why I believe recommending EQ settings are worthless.

With that said, you can start with the standard EQ presets in X1 and start adjusting them (yes, the standard presets can be edited) according to your own preferences.

Anyway, this is only my opinion, others may thing different and have some actual recommendations suggestions to you... 
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you, I was just hoping that someone had a Grado and then start with a base. I will try again with the base EQ when my ears are not tired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back