The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Mar 28, 2015 at 5:13 AM Post #5,477 of 7,793
I would suggest that is something your S4 is doing then.  I've had an X1 since day one - and it definitely plays both ALAC and aac files.

Mar 28, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #5,479 of 7,793
Just got Fiio X1.

Initial review:
- Doesn't support one of my SDXC 64GB microsd where I have all my music
- Can't even play .m4a files (had some recordings made from Samsung Galaxy S4)
- Scrolling is a pain especially when you have hundreds of files

- Thought it's firmware problem that my microsd is not suppoted - went to update to Firmware 1.3
- Still doesn't read that microsd

It's not worth the money, IMO.

EDIT: Formatted the microsd using the Fiio X1 itself, and now the microsd can be read.
EDIT: But .m4a voice recording from S4 still cannot be read, but someone suggested it's something to do with S4

I am using a micro sdxc one and works fine for me

Edit: didn't read ur edit part

Mar 29, 2015 at 7:52 AM Post #5,480 of 7,793
When I use LO without an amp,I experience a volume gain that sounds good with my AT ATHPRO500MK2. That makes my E11 obsolete.

Mar 29, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #5,481 of 7,793
When I use LO without an amp,I experience a volume gain that sounds good with my AT ATHPRO500MK2. That makes my E11 obsolete.

With a rated 38 Ohm impedance and 105 db efficiency for the ATHPRO500MK2 I'd think you are risking hearing damage long term listening directly to the line out with your headphones.

Mar 29, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #5,482 of 7,793
This much better than a sansa clip+? Looking at getting a decent player but can't decide what to go for.

I have a fiio e5 already although the topping nx1 seems to be flavour of the month.

So I was thinking either
sansa clip+ / e5.
clip+ / nx1
fiio x1 / e5
fiio x1 / nx1

Or something different entirely.

Got se215's and RHA 750's

Mar 29, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #5,483 of 7,793
With a rated 38 Ohm impedance and 105 db efficiency for the ATHPRO500MK2 I'd think you are risking hearing damage long term listening directly to the line out with your headphones.

That 38 ohms does not match up with what I hear. I have some iem's and headphones that don't require an amp because of their low impedance but the 500 and it's big brother,the 700 also 38 ohms,sound lifeless without some extra juice.

Mar 29, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #5,484 of 7,793
This much better than a sansa clip+? Looking at getting a decent player but can't decide what to go for.

I have a fiio e5 already although the topping nx1 seems to be flavour of the month.

So I was thinking either
sansa clip+ / e5.
clip+ / nx1
fiio x1 / e5
fiio x1 / nx1

I'm thinking FiiO X1 only. I see no reason to use the E5 with the X1 unless you use the bass boost. It is definitely better than my Rockboxed Clip+, but not by a huge amount for very efficient earphones. The X1 is well worth the price if you have a Clip+. 

Mar 29, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #5,485 of 7,793

So I was thinking either
sansa clip+ / e5.
clip+ / nx1
fiio x1 / e5
fiio x1 / nx1

those amps will be useless with the X1. at least for those specific earphones.
 I do think that sound wise the X1 is ever so slightly better, while also being able to drive correctly a wider range of IEMs. so in audio it's all good and should be seen as an upgrade unless you really need the 1ohm output of the clip(and you don't in this case). now friendly warning, if you're an experienced rockbox user, fiio's UI will make you cry at times.

Mar 29, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #5,486 of 7,793

So I was thinking either
sansa clip+ / e5.
clip+ / nx1
fiio x1 / e5
fiio x1 / nx1

Simply for the larger storage capacity (128gig vs. 40gig max with the Sansa) it's a better choice.  Also, opens the door for better file support.  As other have said, you won't gain anything with any of those setups with the X1 because it can power what you have.  I personally think the X1 sounds better than the Sansa, but you ears may hear things differently.

Mar 29, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #5,487 of 7,793

Mar 29, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #5,488 of 7,793
I'm thinking FiiO X1 only. I see no reason to use the E5 with the X1 unless you use the bass boost. It is definitely better than my Rockboxed Clip+, but not by a huge amount for very efficient earphones. The X1 is well worth the price if you have a Clip+. 
+1 FiiO X1 only. E11K later, if needed! :wink:

Mar 29, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #5,489 of 7,793
Simply for the larger storage capacity (128gig vs. 40gig max with the Sansa) it's a better choice.  Also, opens the door for better file support.  As other have said, you won't gain anything with any of those setups with the X1 because it can power what you have.  I personally think the X1 sounds better than the Sansa, but you ears may hear things differently.

+1 FiiO X1 only. E11K later, if needed! :wink:

those amps will be useless with the X1. at least for those specific earphones.
 I do think that sound wise the X1 is ever so slightly better, while also being able to drive correctly a wider range of IEMs. so in audio it's all good and should be seen as an upgrade unless you really need the 1ohm output of the clip(and you don't in this case). now friendly warning, if you're an experienced rockbox user, fiio's UI will make you cry at times.

Cheers folks. Ive never used rockbox before. I had an iPod once upon a time but generally I use my nexus 5 as my source. (No apps, just the regular player)

Think the x1 is what I'll go for then.

It looks great aswell

Mar 29, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #5,490 of 7,793
That 38 ohms does not match up with what I hear. I have some iem's and headphones that don't require an amp because of their low impedance but the 500 and it's big brother,the 700 also 38 ohms,sound lifeless without some extra juice.

Just to be clear, line out is not designed to plug headphones directly in. It's voltage output can be damaging to the headphones and possibly your hearing from the volume. We are wired to enjoy loud music more, but it doesn't mean it's good for us. Play now, pay later. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back