The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Feb 24, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #5,116 of 7,793
Is there a problem with my x1. First suddenly my ttpod t1e started to make beeping noises in the left side and I returned them and now my re 400 started to make cracking noises in left side and shocked my ear could there be a problem with my x1 or just the iem

You need to di a bit more testing.  Do you get same with a different DAP?  Do you get same with X1 and many different IEMs?

If it's only occurring with the X1, and on multiple IEMs, then you need to talk to Fiio. 

Feb 24, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #5,117 of 7,793

You need to di a bit more testing.  Do you get same with a different DAP?  Do you get same with X1 and many different IEMs?

If it's only occurring with the X1, and on multiple IEMs, then you need to talk to Fiio. 

I'm guessing it's only gonna hard to pinpoint if he only has the X1 to test with...

(BTW, I love your review of the X1 ! :p )

Feb 24, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #5,119 of 7,793

I'm guessing it's only gonna hard to pinpoint if he only has the X1 to test with...

(BTW, I love your review of the X1 ! :p )

Thanks - should have one out on the X3 gen 2 in the next couple of weeks.

Like clee290 suggested - maybe try the IEMs with a smartphone, or even a radio - basically anything with a headphone out.

Feb 25, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #5,120 of 7,793
Some reason my x1 keep pausing when I am playing my music and I have to keep hitting the play button.

Feb 25, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #5,121 of 7,793
Some reason my x1 keep pausing when I am playing my music and I have to keep hitting the play button.

Is it in your pocket with something else?  The middle button sometimes gets pushed if i have it in my pocket with my wallet or something.   Also when are they gonna hurry up and allow us to scroll faster?  Super annoying when i want to listen to a particular song.  

Feb 25, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #5,122 of 7,793
Is it in your pocket with something else?  The middle button sometimes gets pushed if i have it in my pocket with my wallet or something.   Also when are they gonna hurry up and allow us to scroll faster?  Super annoying when i want to listen to a particular song.  

I listening with the pistons I didn't realised that the mic functions work with them so I might have accidently touched the pause button

Feb 25, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #5,124 of 7,793

You can go faster through your music by using the bottom buttons and scroll wheel at the same time.

Feb 25, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #5,125 of 7,793
Hi all, just wondering if anyone can help...

I've just received my new X1 and have to say I'm a little disappointed with the sound I'm getting. I was hoping to get something to match the sound of my Rockboxed Clip+ but with a better, more modern UI but have found the bass and general control of the sound via the Eq very lacking. I'm driving a pair of 5 driver custom IEMs with sub bass woofer, dual bass woofer, mid and tweeter (I'm a bass player and use these on stage) and it is as though the X1 just doesn't power the bottom end. With my Rockboxed Clip+ however I can dial in a sound I love and which sounds and feels like I'm listening to a full system. Back to the X1 and it's as though I just have puny earbuds and a (all be it very clear) iPhone 4 all over again :frowning2: 

Don't get me wrong, the sound of X1 is almost crystal clear but for me it just sounds totally flat and the +/- 6 db Eq makes very little difference (especially compared to what seems to be +/- 24 db with Rockbox). Is there something I'm missing or is the X1 just not for those that like their music to stray far from a flat EQ?

Feb 25, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #5,126 of 7,793
Try setting all sliders on the EQ to the top (you'll need to bump the volume up to compensate the built-in volume drop), and then cut the frequencies to suit.  This gives you a 12 dB range to play with.

Otherwise, too hard to answer your question unless we can see what EQ you are currently using on your Clip.  If for example you are using any setting with more than 12dB differential - then it's impossible for the X1 to match.

Also - how long have you had the X1?  If its only been a short time - and you are constantly back and forth with the Clip - my advice would be to spend 2 days with the X1 and only the X1 - then do an A/B.  It gives you a better reference point.

Finally - how sensitive are your customs, and do they have any impedance vs frequency humps/spikes?  From memory Clip output impedance is less than 1 ohm.  X1 is less than 2 ohm.  If your customs don't have a flat impedance v frequency, and are very sensitive + very low impedance (under 16 ohm), the difference in output impedance on both devices might be giving you a frequency bump somewhere.

Feb 25, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #5,127 of 7,793

Quote:
It happens tome all of the time. Just walking with it in my pocket. It is very annoying.

Seems like you'll need to change the lockscreen settings when you're planning to use it inside your pockets. I have center button disabled when in pocket and enabled when listening seated and have the player on my desktop.

Feb 25, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #5,129 of 7,793
Thanks Brooko, I do have the EQ on the Clip+ up above +12db to drive the 3 bass drivers on my IEMs sufficiently and have tried as you sugges above so starting to get that sinking feeling that this just aint the player for me. Seems such a shame though, why would they make it with a potentially limiting EQ; I know for the vast majority of audiophiles who like their music as flat as possible it is great, but it seems like it really wouldn't take much effort at all to be able to bump certain frequency bands further to suit more users (Rockbox do it for free on many players)?!

Feb 25, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #5,130 of 7,793
I feel for you mate - but I think most users of EQ are looking to tweak - not make huge changes to the frequency response.

Unfortunately the X1 isn't going to be able to hit that sort of bass response you're looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back