The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Dec 22, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #4,427 of 7,793

Xiaomi Pistons 2 or JVC HAFX1X Xtreme Xplosives.  I have both and very happy with them, but what do I know?  ^_^

Thank's! I'll be checking on this, do you have any other suggestions?

I am currently having a lovefest with my Havi B3 Pro 1, but never enjoy the Havi without an amp.

This, to me, was too good to be priced so low:   
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=108&cp_id=10823&cs_id=1082303&p_id=8320

I believe it has been updated to this: 
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=108&cp_id=10823&cs_id=1082303&p_id=9927

Dec 23, 2014 at 4:19 AM Post #4,428 of 7,793
The Narmoo S1 has provided the best listening experience for me with the X1. I liked the pairing enough to not use an amp. If I use the Yamaha EPH-100 without an amp,it sounds boring.

Dec 24, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #4,429 of 7,793
I purchased an Ibasso DX50 earlier on this year mainly for the removeable battery. I liked the sound but some days I wasn't satisfied, I don't understand why you have to turn the volume up to 180 for standard volume. I have followed opinions on the Fiio X1 and having got some Christmas money early I decided to buy one and every time I listen to it the music sounds exciting which the DX50 doesn't for me. I am going to sell it and save up for an X5 following recommendations from olddude. It just has a great sound signature and I tweak the equalizer every now and again just to get a different sound. I wish I had waited a while and gone for Fiio X5 but I'm pleased I didn't go with the X3 as I don't like the look of the UI and the X1 is an amazing sounding player for the price.

If anyone in the UK would like a Fiio DX50 in excellent condition let me know, boxed as new with all of the original accessories plus a leather case, £130

Dec 24, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #4,430 of 7,793
  I purchased an Ibasso DX50 earlier on this year mainly for the removeable battery. I liked the sound but some days I wasn't satisfied, I don't understand why you have to turn the volume up to 180 for standard volume. I have followed opinions on the Fiio X1 and having got some Christmas money early I decided to buy one and every time I listen to it the music sounds exciting which the DX50 doesn't for me. I am going to sell it and save up for an X5 following recommendations from olddude. It just has a great sound signature and I tweak the equalizer every now and again just to get a different sound. I wish I had waited a while and gone for Fiio X5 but I'm pleased I didn't go with the X3 as I don't like the look of the UI and the X1 is an amazing sounding player for the price.

If anyone in the UK would like a Fiio DX50 in excellent condition let me know, boxed as new with all of the original accessories plus a leather case, £130

Don't worry to much, I actually enjoy FiiO X1 more than my DX50 (headphone out) X1 is quite 'fun' sounding, its competent at refinement and resolution, has decent soundstage, the iBasso for me always sounded constricted, compressed and rather digital. Now, I can listen to DX50 and its going to throw out more raw detail, however that's exactly what it is to me 'raw' kind of hurling it at you rather than have any real musicality. I have been a non-fan of DX50 headphone out for a while and owned two units to be sure of my opinion.

X1 is simply a good little player, feed it a higher end IEM can surely come to the party. As for DX50 I have opted to amp mine full-time , then I can make the most of it, but really I was much happier with X1 overall than the iBasso in a shorter amount of time. I think anyone who first hears the DX50 will be impressed with the detail and resolution, unfortunately, there's much more to music and X1 manages to find a happy medium of that entire aspect.

Dec 24, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #4,431 of 7,793

I think you mean an iBasso 
smile.gif

Try selling it on the For Sale thread here.  I sold mine for a reasonable amount of money.  

H20 is correct (isn't he always?), an amp really helps the DX50.  I never used mine without an amp and was happy with it.  But when I got an X5 I was much happier and I didn't need an amp with my good iems.  It's worth the money, no doubt about it.  The X5 is a more mature version of the X1, got kind of a big brother thing happening, less "fun" and more "mature."  That said, for a hundred bucks the X1 is a fantastic device.  If makes quality products that sound as good as much more expensive devices.  

Dec 24, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #4,432 of 7,793
So back to my x1 rant like 16 pages back, i had some issues with too high highs and not enouch warmth, also some bass, for the past days i have been using topping nx1 with my X1 and did eas up a bit on the clarity, since it seems better, and just then everything started to look good too the fiio side off things, i found this video, for me, it's my fav band, with there fav song, i was using a normal headphone out via laptop and cks77 for the earphones, and boom, just from first seconds i was really blonwn away, it amezed my a lot more, than my fiio ever did, i do understand that this song lacks in clarity and is kinda mudy, but it also has, some kind of warmth to it, that i would love my fiio to have, if someone can explain to me, what i need, or why is that this live recording sounds alot better to my, than a Flac off this song in my fiio with amp and same earphones, i will love that guy forever, since as you can see, i'm not the best in enlish, i will try to explain why i like the live recording more, and maybe this will lead to someone understanding, and explaining to me, what lacks in my fiio. So, it sounds, like the recording has more depth to the sound, then the drums kick in, they truly KICK IN, do not over power the rest of the sounds, but stand out, guitars sound a lot more edgy, also a lot more warm, vocals stand out more, as on fiio, sometimes it loks, thar the vocals are mashed down by other sounds, the recording seems to have a lot more balanced sound beatwen difreant instruments, than that fiio does, this is as much, as i can explain for now

Dec 24, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #4,433 of 7,793
Sounds to me like your source material is lacking in some way.  If you are listening to funky mix/mastered low-res music, it will sound that way.  If the music is of good quality and mixed/mastered well it will sound good.  

Dec 24, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #4,435 of 7,793
Dec 25, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #4,437 of 7,793
I also get my (auto)gift today... Unfortunately, the shotcuts button has a defect, and although it works well my eyes always go to that black stain you can see in this photo (in real life is a little more noticeable):

I've tried to clean it with a soft cloth, but there's no way, it seems as it's a defect in the manufacturing process of this button
frown.gif

Dec 25, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #4,438 of 7,793
  I also get my (auto)gift today... Unfortunately, the shotcuts button has a defect, and although it works well my eyes always go to that black stain you can see in this photo (in real life is a little more noticeable):

I've tried to clean it with a soft cloth, but there's no way, it seems as it's a defect in the manufacturing process of this button
frown.gif

Put the silicon case on it and you won't be able to see it.  Really.   Cases are good.

Dec 25, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #4,439 of 7,793

frown.gif

Can't you return it? mine is still charging. Also, about the whole FAT32 buzz there is, what exactly does it mean? i bought a SanDisk 64 Ultra with it, and while im sure that, since its a new SD card it has whatever that is included, but i don't know. Did you check the firmware? Is it the 1.1?

Dec 25, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #4,440 of 7,793
Can't you return it? mine is still charging. Also, about the whole FAT32 buzz there is, what exactly does it mean? i bought a SanDisk 64 Ultra with it, and while im sure that, since its a new SD card it has whatever that is included, but i don't know. Did you check the firmware? Is it the 1.1?

FAT32 is the format the card needs to be to in order to use the card in FiiO devices. Before using your card format it with the X1. Go to settings and choose format.

By doing this you avoid issues related to the card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back