The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Dec 19, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #4,396 of 7,793

It is a 32gb class 4 card. Could that be the problem? I'm thinking about buying a class 10 card and trying that instead. If I go to "Browse Files" it takes about 30 sec to show all my songs. If I go to "Play All" it's instantaneous. Does "Browse Files" make update the database again or something?

When the song is playing, I see the file name, as well as the song title, album, artist, album art (if any), etc, but when looking through the "Browse Files" mode, I only see the file names...

It takes forever even though I haven't put any new songs on it.

I believe when the database is updated, that's only for when you browse by Categories (Albums/Artists/etc.). But when you go via the file browser, it's directly from the card, so it takes some time to load (especially if you have a bunch of files in one directory). At least that's how my Hifiman player works.

And when you browse for files on the X1, it still shows the file names.

Dec 19, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #4,398 of 7,793
  Card.  Or your tags are wonky.  Or you have over-large album art files.

Thanks. I guess I'll mess around with the X3 before trying an X1.

Quick question - in the firmware, if you want to access all your music in one spot (without sorting by album or artist), do you just go to "Play All" or "Browse Files"?
  I believe when the database is updated, that's only for when you browse by Categories (Albums/Artists/etc.). But when you go via the file browser, it's directly from the card, so it takes some time to load (especially if you have a bunch of files in one directory). At least that's how my Hifiman player works.

And when you browse for files on the X1, it still shows the file names.

Thanks! I think you're right. It must be trying to read from the card every time I go to "Browse Files".

Dec 20, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #4,399 of 7,793
By default, Windows will format it in exFat and that won't work in the X1. You can format it with the X1, or find a fat32 formatter.

Put it in the X1 and format it, and it will both work and be named X1.

Ok. Thanks @clee290 and @olddude. Will use the X1 to format the card. Will I be able to use a card reader to transfer the files from my pc onto the card after formatting with the X1. Thanks again.

Dec 20, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #4,400 of 7,793
Ok. Thanks @clee290 and @olddude. Will use the X1 to format the card. Will I be able to use a card reader to transfer the files from my pc onto the card after formatting with the X1. Thanks again.

Yes

Dec 20, 2014 at 12:40 AM Post #4,402 of 7,793
Well, I feel pretty dumb. Hitting the Update button, and then going to Play All works perfectly. Not sure why I've been using the Browse Files slow method this whole time.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Dec 20, 2014 at 6:26 AM Post #4,404 of 7,793
Dec 20, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #4,406 of 7,793
I got an X1 the other day and updating the database is really quick, much faster than my DX50. I am very impressed with it for the price. Admittedly it's not as spacious as the DX50 and there is a bit more bass but I love it with vocal tracks, my Nick Drake songs sound brilliant.

Dec 20, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #4,407 of 7,793
Depending on your iems, it's quite a bit better than the DX50.  The X5 is VERY much better (than both).  And yes, the scanning process is much faster.  Also, the company's website is never down and they often read/post on these threads.  I'm very happy I made the switch.  Enjoy your new toy.  

Dec 20, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #4,409 of 7,793
hi guys, i just registered here at the forums.

currently have a Grado SR80e and i'm waiting for my TTPOD T1e's to arrive.

i wanna ask if X1 would be a step up from my lumia 730 source? i have also used a sansa clip+ and sansa fuze. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back