The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Oct 28, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #3,587 of 7,793
Finally got mine yesterday. Can confirm every bit of hype n the previous 239 pages of this topic :)
But I have (for now) one small problem: even though latest 1.03 beta firmware has an option to display either filename or title of the song in the media lib, for me it changes nothing. Filename is always shown. That's rather inconvenient, and finding a specific track in shuffle mode is almost impossible :frowning2:

Oct 28, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #3,588 of 7,793
  Finally got mine yesterday. Can confirm every bit of hype n the previous 239 pages of this topic :)
But I have (for now) one small problem: even though latest 1.03 beta firmware has an option to display either filename or title of the song in the media lib, for me it changes nothing. Filename is always shown. That's rather inconvenient, and finding a specific track in shuffle mode is almost impossible :frowning2:

Try out the 1.10 firmware:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/739521/fiio-x1-firmware-version-1-10-download-and-discussion-thread

Just looking to make sure, but does it happen to all songs? If it happens to a specific song (or songs), maybe the song(s) isn't tagged properly. 

Oct 29, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #3,589 of 7,793
Updated to 1.10, nothing changed.
For every single track I have on card X1 shows me filename instead of title. Files are FLAC mostly, just one or two albums are MP3, everything is tagged with foobar2000, never had any issues with it. And also X1 does see album names, artist names and genres in tags, so I believe that is not tagging problem.

Oct 29, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #3,590 of 7,793
  Updated to 1.10, nothing changed.
For every single track I have on card X1 shows me filename instead of title. Files are FLAC mostly, just one or two albums are MP3, everything is tagged with foobar2000, never had any issues with it. And also X1 does see album names, artist names and genres in tags, so I believe that is not tagging problem.

Actually, I just re-read your first post. The option to choose between displaying the file name or the title is for the Now Playing screen, not your media library. So when you're browsing your music, in either category or folder view, it should show the file name.

Oct 29, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #3,591 of 7,793

Actually, I just re-read your first post. The option to choose between displaying the file name or the title is for the Now Playing screen, not your media library. So when you're browsing your music, in either category or folder view, it should show the file name.

Well, that's not very good :|
It basically means that All Songs list in media library is useless for me, because I cannot remember every track number. And if I'm not mistaken, using all songs list is the only way to shuffle through the whole library.
And honestly I do not see any logic in this behavior, because everywhere else in media library sorting uses tags, not file name.
Hope that will be somehow fixed soon :frowning2:

Oct 29, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #3,594 of 7,793
Got the X1 in yesterday.  Very nice indeed!  Also, like several have mentioned it pairs nicely with the E11k,  One issue I have with it is that it seems bass light.  I adjusted the EQ settings on the two lowest frequencies to max and it helped.  However, I can still get more sub-bass rumble through my Galaxy S4 phone using Poweramp.  Thinking I must be a basshead.  Anyway, this is a minor issue for me personally.  I'm quite happy with it overall and will live with the reduced bass.  BTW, the E11k helps the bass.  However, it still doesn't achieve the S4 levels. 

Oct 29, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #3,595 of 7,793
Oct 29, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #3,596 of 7,793
One issue I have with it is that it seems bass light.  I adjusted the EQ settings on the two lowest frequencies to max and it helped.  However, I can still get more sub-bass rumble through my Galaxy S4 phone using Poweramp.  Thinking I must be a basshead.  Anyway, this is a minor issue for me personally.  I'm quite happy with it overall and will live with the reduced bass.  BTW, the E11k helps the bass.  However, it still doesn't achieve the S4 levels. 

Which headphone are you using?

Oct 29, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #3,597 of 7,793
Which headphone are you using?

Tried a couple of different types . Ostry KC06A IEMs and Superlux HD681s full size headphones. Think I'm going to pull out my Vmoda M80s tonight. They are one of the more bassy sets I have.

Oct 29, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #3,598 of 7,793
Oh, ok. I was wondering whether you might be using something that needs a lot to drive them.

I've been using a Denon d600 with it and although they're low impedance, it's surprising how much current they demand and in fact, seem less sensitive than the Grados. Sometimes, that can make e bass seem to be weak, but you're using sensitive headphones. :unamused:

Oct 29, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #3,599 of 7,793
Just paired the X1 with NX1 and a wonderful combo for a cheap price.

Personally I don't find this combo to be so great - I feel it removes some detail when paired with the line-out of x1 and x3 - the built-in amps appear to be better than the nx1.
At least to my ears, the nx1 didn't really improve things, I guess the amp section of x1 and x3 are at least as good or better than this 30 USD amp.
But it might also depend on what headphones you use it with. I tried this combo with beyerdynamic dt 990 pro and saw no improvement by using nx1.

By the way - my impression of x1 vs x3 is that x1 has slightly more treble and a slighly cleaner sound wheras x3 (fw 3.0) has a more detailed and slightly stronger bass with an overall warmer, slightly deeper sound signature and slightly less treble. The x3 combines better with my beoplay h6 which are slightly bass-light.
With the beyerdynamic dt 990 pro, it's very close between x1 and x3 because those are allready a bit bass-emphasized. With those on some songs I prefer x3, on others x1 because x1 has slightly more treble.

Oct 29, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #3,600 of 7,793
hi @joebloggs and @jamesfiio

i saw the green and yellow fiio x1 on the first post... will those 2 be released to the market? if they do, can you share when those will be released in the market...?

cheersss

Users who are viewing this thread

Back