The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Oct 30, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #3,617 of 7,793
Hi, I consider buying the Fiio X1.
1) What is the max sd card capacity?
2) Is it completely gapless. And if it isn't,if i rockbox it will it change?
3) Is the sound quality neutral, natural and balanced (for orchestral music)?

Oct 30, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #3,618 of 7,793

Ur second point is null and void as u cannot rockbox it.
Rest of the queries will be answered by someone

Oct 30, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #3,619 of 7,793

1. 128gb
2. Currently unable to rockbox
3. Neutral with a slight warm tilt

Oct 30, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #3,620 of 7,793
Does the warm tilt makes it sound less brilliant and accurate? How about the seperation between instruments? And is it gapless?You didn't answer that yet.. And what kind of 128GB sd card i should buy and what brand?  Thanks!

Oct 30, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #3,621 of 7,793
Headphone Bar just restocked X1's for anyone that was waiting for that, I was and instantly placed my order, since I'm in the interior of BC it should be here by mid next week! hopefully it'll hold up to my standards and not have any real issues >.>

Oct 30, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #3,622 of 7,793
Please help my find my perfect DAP! Let me sum up my requirments:
1) Neutral, Natural, detailed and balanced sound for classical music, To use with my ATH-M40X.
2) Gapless-No gap between tracks.
3) Supports 64GB/128GB sd with formatting or without-Preferably without track number limit.
4) Max price is 350$-Preferably less. Expensive only if it really makes a difference.

Oct 30, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #3,625 of 7,793
Yes cowon plenue p1 is great too.And it makes the diff too like ak240 both to the sound and ur bank account.

Oct 30, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #3,626 of 7,793
Thank you everyone for all your replies! I'll try everything once I get home and waiting also for this SAMediaScanner :D

I've uploaded it :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 30, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #3,629 of 7,793
Hmm. It's way past office hours at FiiO HQ and nobody is there to send me a copy of SAMediaScanner. I'll post it up as soon as I have it
redface.gif

hi joe, i'd like to ask one vanity question...

i saw the green and yellow fiio x1 on the first post... will those 2 be released to the market? if they do, can you share when those will be released in the market...?
i'm in asia, and the colorful x1 looks pretty nice to me...

Oct 30, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #3,630 of 7,793
Anyone know if it's possible to do album shuffle on the X1?  I haven't seen it in the settings and it's something I miss from the old iPod classic firmware.

Album shuffle randomizes the list of albums, instead of all songs.  An album will play all songs in their original album order, then it picks another random album and starts playing it from its first track all the way through.

My AK100 didn't have this feature and I had to hack around it by making my sync script create a bunch of playlists that emulated this behavior ahead of time so I could pick one at random and get a bunch of shuffled albums.

Joe Bloggs: Is there a place to formally requests features in the X1 firmware?  I'd also like to request a volume step setting so the side buttons can adjust the volume in larger steps, like 5 or 10 (especially since holding down the side buttons skips tracks instead of rapidly adjusting the volume).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back