The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Sep 22, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #2,314 of 7,793
I just pulled the trigger with Micca Store and went with expedited shipping. Let's see if they live up to expectations and get it delivered to me by Friday.

I will be running it with the adorable little SAP-5 that I bought from bhazard (thanks pal, it made it from your part of NY to mine in just one day).  The size of X1 should fit like a glove with the SAP-5 and I have to say that I'm seriously impressed with the build and sound of this budget amp.  Of course as everyone else has said, switching it to bass boost is a joke, but the standard setting is quite neutral.  It drives the Havi B3's wonderfully and the background is completely silent/pitch black between passages.

This will be primarily my gym rig and yes, at the ripe old age of 56, I'm still serious about my bodybuilding and that requires some serious workout tunes!

Sep 23, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #2,316 of 7,793
Same here I ordered today in the morning from micca and got the shipping notification in the afternoon. I also picked expedited shipping. I will be using the topping nx1 with the havi b3. Let's see how that sounds.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sep 23, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #2,317 of 7,793
I just pulled the trigger with Micca Store and went with expedited shipping. Let's see if they live up to expectations and get it delivered to me by Friday.

I will be running it with the adorable little SAP-5 that I bought from bhazard (thanks pal, it made it from your part of NY to mine in just one day).  The size of X1 should fit like a glove with the SAP-5 and I have to say that I'm seriously impressed with the build and sound of this budget amp.  Of course as everyone else has said, switching it to bass boost is a joke, but the standard setting is quite neutral.  It drives the Havi B3's wonderfully and the background is completely silent/pitch black between passages.

This will be primarily my gym rig and yes, at the ripe old age of 56, I'm still serious about my bodybuilding and that requires some serious workout tunes!

Same here I ordered today in the morning from micca and got the shipping notification in the afternoon. I also picked expedited shipping. I will be using the topping nx1 with the havi b3. Let's see how that sounds.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Have both amp and Havi ...looking forward to both of your impression.

Cheers

Sep 23, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #2,318 of 7,793
Sounds like it will be a good week for affordable dap listening guys. I will definitely report on the X1, sap-5 combo Wokei. Your comments on the sap-5 led to my purchase from bhazard.

This affordable head gear stuff is all new to me, but fun as heck! I'm a former audiophile reviewer for the big home rigs and still have a dedicated listening room downstairs that I seldom use. I was a hardware editor for positive feedback magazine and contributed to a number of other publications. Heck, I'm still on the masthead as legal counsel for their online publication. Long story, but I left that scene years ago mainly because the money involved in acquiring the gear was getting ridiculous, obscene really, and it was too much like work.

That's my long winded way of saying this side of the audio hobby is way cool, way less stuffy and I'm truly glad I found head-fi

Sep 23, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #2,319 of 7,793
Sounds like it will be a good week for affordable dap listening guys. I will definitely report on the X1, sap-5 combo Wokei. Your comments on the sap-5 led to my purchase from bhazard.

This affordable head gear stuff is all new to me, but fun as heck! I'm a former audiophile reviewer for the big home rigs and still have a dedicated listening room downstairs that I seldom use. I was a hardware editor for positive feedback magazine and contributed to a number of other publications. Heck, I'm still on the masthead as legal counsel for their online publication. Long story, but I left that scene years ago mainly because the money involved in acquiring the gear was getting ridiculous, obscene really, and it was too much like work.

That's my long winded way of saying this side of the audio hobby is way cool, way less stuffy and I'm truly glad I found head-fi

Cheers man ...enjoy

Sep 23, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #2,324 of 7,793
I know it's not a competition, but did I win?
biggrin.gif

deadhorse.gif
can you please share the package dimentions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back