The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Sep 13, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #2,116 of 7,793
What is the soundstage width like on X1? Can anyone compare the width next to IBasso DX50. For what's worth I find DX50 soundstage from headphone out very disappointing.

Width wise, id say its only a little behind the DX90 width, which i dont find particularly huge either. Ill double check again. Havent listened to the DX90 in a while

Sep 13, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #2,117 of 7,793
What is the soundstage width like on X1? Can anyone compare the width next to IBasso DX50. For what's worth I find DX50 soundstage from headphone out very disappointing.

I find it to be average, a bit less than X5.  But it's easily fixable by switching to LO and adding E11k or E12.  If you want to blow your mind with 3D staging, step up to C5.

Sep 13, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #2,118 of 7,793
Long as it's not overly narrow like DX50, l don't know how others feel but DX50 stage width to my ears is very restricted, worse than a Sansa clip. From line out it is better.

Sep 13, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #2,119 of 7,793
Long as it's not overly narrow like DX50, l don't know how others feel but DX50 stage width to my ears is very restricted, worse than a Sansa clip. From line out it is better.

If you are comparing DX50 soundstage to being worse than Sansa Clip, then I think it's safely to say that X1 will beat that :wink:

Sep 13, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #2,120 of 7,793
I'm currently using an iPod classic 5.5 and it is on it's last legs. I'm thinking about an x1 as a replacement and I'm wondering if the x1 will work in my Toyota. My iPod can be connected via usb and I can browse and control it through the car stereo. It also displays all the song information and artwork on the car's touchscreen. Would the x1 or any fiio dap do this?

The interface for USB control on your Toyota's stereo head unit is built for iDevices and will not give you the same amount of control with the FiiO devices. The only thing the USB will do for you is charge the FiiO device. You need to use the 3.5mm auxiliary jack in your car and you must control the music from the FiiO device.

Sep 13, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #2,121 of 7,793
The interface for USB control on your Toyota's stereo head unit is built for iDevices and will not give you the same amount of control with the FiiO devices. The only thing the USB will do for you is charge the FiiO device. You need to use the 3.5mm auxiliary jack in your car and you must control the music from the FiiO device.

that's what I assumed, but I wanted to make sure.  thanks!

Sep 13, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #2,123 of 7,793
Has anyone tried connecting te fiio x1 into a home theartre av reciever usb port, does it act like a usb and plays the music or is it like android and comes up with different options when plugged into usb?

Sep 14, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #2,125 of 7,793
I've been able to test one of the samples sent by Fiio to the distributors and the only thing I'm missing is the support to use it as a DAC with the computer, is there any chance to include this feature in next firmware's? In every other way I see this as a very good product.

Sep 14, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #2,126 of 7,793
  I've been able to test one of the samples sent by Fiio to the distributors and the only thing I'm missing is the support to use it as a DAC with the computer, is there any chance to include this feature in next firmware's? In every other way I see this as a very good product.

Some things have to be left out so they can sell this at a fraction of the cost of other DAPs.

Sep 14, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #2,128 of 7,793
  Some things have to be left out so they can sell this at a fraction of the cost of other DAPs.

For $100, expecting DAC feature might be a little much

I know, but I was expecting that they could bring it on with some firmware update, if the limitation is on the hardware it still is a stellar product, I've been testing it for a week and I'm quite pleased.

Sep 14, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #2,129 of 7,793
what is the DAC used? I remember it being one that could take 32/384 decoding.

Sep 14, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #2,130 of 7,793
I know, but I was expecting that they could bring it on with some firmware update, if the limitation is on the hardware it still is a stellar product, I've been testing it for a week and I'm quite pleased.

FiiO has a few DAC devices, the X3, X5, E07k, E17, E18...

To have this functionality build in into the X1, would make it more expensive, and would undermine the reason for the X3 to exist (partly)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back