The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Aug 31, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #1,907 of 7,793

+
^
So wait so you CAN use these X1s on your computer as a stand alone DAC correct??? If that's the case SWEET!!! If the dac on the X1 is as good as the one on the FiiO E17 then it's already good enough incentive to buy one based solely on its sexcee looks alone.
wink.gif

He is probably referring to X3. As said by FiiO since the beginning, there won't be a USB DAC function ion the X1.

Yup. ClieOS is right, as usual. Sorry, my bad talking X3 stuff in the X1 thread.

Now on topic, since this seems to be marketed as an out and about device (or at least more portable than the others), is the display any more readable outdoors?

Aug 31, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #1,908 of 7,793

Yup. ClieOS is right, as usual. Sorry, my bad talking X3 stuff in the X1 thread.

Now on topic, since this seems to be marketed as an out and about device (or at least more portable than the others), is the display any more readable outdoors?

It's not bad at all in a direct view outdoors, but not as good viewing from an angle since this is not IPS display like in X5.  I was testing it outside today at 50% brightness and was able to read it without a problem, though had to switch Theme from a default gray to another color background for a better contrast with a white text.

Aug 31, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #1,909 of 7,793
Utterly off topic, but how are you liking those TTPOD Wokei?  Been debating picking one up

TTPOD T1E ..yes ..will be here on Wed or Thu .....do it ..do it ...man

Do you have them yet wokei? I can't remember :p

Nah ....same like sfwalcer.....we be in same boat ....nada ....not in the selected few to have review sample or X1 tour ....

Aug 31, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #1,910 of 7,793

It's not bad at all in a direct view outdoors, but not as good viewing from an angle since this is not IPS display like in X5.  I was testing it outside today at 50% brightness and was able to read it without a problem, though had to switch Theme from a default gray to another color background for a better contrast with a white text.

Good to hear. The X3 is pretty damn hard to read outside (but so is the iclassic and every other dap I've owned). Any idea if those anti-reflective screen protectors would help, or would it just dim the screen too much?

Aug 31, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #1,911 of 7,793
  Good to hear. The X3 is pretty damn hard to read outside (but so is the iclassic and every other dap I've owned). Any idea if those anti-reflective screen protectors would help, or would it just dim the screen too much?

In my experience, those dim the screen too much, but you can always crank up the brightness.  In my opinion, start with a "stock" setup and go from there if you are not happy :wink:

Sep 1, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #1,914 of 7,793
It arrived this morning and I'm using it as I type this. All I will say right now is that it works fine and hadn't been knocked around in the packaging as the box it came in is in great shape.

Sep 1, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #1,915 of 7,793
If I was you, I would wander around the trade thread, search for good 2nd hand ak100 or some sort of that. But on the x3's price range, there's pretty much no other DAP with the function as complete as the x3. Although the sound is not as good as dacport, but on the factual side, there's no likely other DAP that has function as complete as x3 on its price range. Oh yeah, and the sound on x3 is definitely cleaner than the x1.

I had the iphone 4s and actually have the 5s, it's a very good sounding smartphone but honestly , compare to the X1 the 4s is brighter but less detailed with narrower soundstage, I personally prefer the X1 over any iphone release, I never got a chance to audition the X3 but my bro just bought the X5 on my advice, the X1 sound very close to the X5 but surely not better

Sep 1, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #1,916 of 7,793
  I had the iphone 4s and actually have the 5s, it's a very good sounding smartphone but honestly , compare to the X1 the 4s is brighter but less detailed with narrower soundstage, I personally prefer the X1 over any iphone release, I never got a chance to audition the X3 but my bro just bought the X5 on my advice, the X1 sound very close to the X5 but surely not better

Additionally, I have the AK100 and I really intend to sell it coz it's no more the best dap I use to have , the X5 is somewhat more interesting at $350 brand new instead of a second hand AK100 for the same price or more, don't forget the high impedance of 22ohm on AK100, unless you're seeking MK2 it might be very expensive even on second hand (+ $500)

Sep 1, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #1,917 of 7,793
Hello guys :smiles: Just wanted to add that I've added the FiiO X1 to the bugzilla system
https://app.devzing.com/FiiO/bugzilla/

If you've got a software problem with the X1, do come and put a note on it here (and cast your votes as well--you get up to 3 votes per bug you want us to address and 25 votes in total.). Longtime users of our bugzilla know that things move a bit slowly at our bugzilla, but last time the devs asked me for a summary of the issues users wanted addressed the most, I simply pointed them to Bugzilla. So it's an important part of our program :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 1, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #1,918 of 7,793
Hello guys :smiles: Just wanted to add that I've added the FiiO X1 to the bugzilla system
https://app.devzing.com/FiiO/bugzilla/

If you've got a software problem with the X1, do come and put a note on it here (and cast your votes as well--you get up to 3 votes per bug you want us to address and 25 votes in total.). Longtime users of our bugzilla know that things move a bit slowly at our bugzilla, but last time the devs asked me for a summary of the issues users wanted addressed the most, I simply pointed them to Bugzilla. So it's an important part of our program
smily_headphones1.gif

I assume I will need to create an account in there?

Will absolutely do, but in a meantime here are two bugs I found so far (0.16Beta fw).  When Lockscreen 3 is selected in Settings Menu under Key-Lock Setting and you click on the left/right lower buttons to skip a track, it skips randomly instead of next/prev - happens consistently.  Also, while having about 3 bars left in a battery status indicator, an error message popped up "battery low".  It only happened once in all of my testing, but still wanted to mention it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back