The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Jun 23, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #1,186 of 7,793
Quote:
  i knew it man,,i knew it.
i am a graduate from kmc,manipal only!!!

good to know someone from same place,,,hope u are enjoying food from dollops!! or snack shack!!

haha. yes i did. 

there is only one competition in 100$ category for x1 and thats colorfly c3.

actually it took me quite some time to really decide to wait for x1 instead of getting c3. After comparing all the aspects, I think x1 will more suitable for me as in:
1) design- look more stylish and classy than c3
2) UI- well I guess x1 will be better in this aspect
3) equalizer- the limitation of equalizer and adjustment in c3 make me hesitate from getting it, worrying the sound is not what I want
hope the sound quality of x1 is on par if not better than c3 
etysmile.gif

Jun 23, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #1,188 of 7,793

Err... no?

X1 and X3 are product tailored to different tier of user. One doesn't replace the other.

My question wasn't about the X1 will be replacing the X3, X1 is another puppy for another audience.
Only am i right that FiiO will redesign the X3 in the near future?
It's a good thing to recognize the brand FiiO in it's design, also there are complaints about the knob layout and the UI.

Regarding FiiO, i fit perfectly in the X3 tier:
* looking for great sound on the go, holidays, on the beach, in my car etc
* My files are 192 to 256kbps, i assume X5 users use 256kbps as a minumum.
* MP3 music collection >200Gb
* Totally hate the music industry focus on high output vs dynamic recordings
* Budget not over €25,-- (iPod Classic budget)

There is only 2 things that keep me from buying the FiiO X3, the UI and eol of the current X3.
Regarding this topic the X1 will be a long wait for me, because my iPod Classic is breaking down (loadconnector)

Jun 23, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #1,190 of 7,793
  Since most phones support 24 bit 192 khz flac. With decent dacs I see no need for X1. Phones also have the compatibility of music streaming services while DAPs do not. You can also have the compatibility of adding local files.
I'm done arguing

I (and I suspect many other headfi-ers) work in areas where for many reasons use of mobile phones is not allowed.

Jun 24, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #1,192 of 7,793
  Most people have phones anyways. Therefore it's like <$200 on contract. In the US you can get it for $0. Since most people have contracts anyways it is convienient to have music on a phone. The only reason for me personally to get a DAP for battery life but the One M8 has great battery.

Contracts are rippoffs.   Buy the phone outright get a decent mvno and save big money.  If you don't mind buying a slightly older phone on ebay you can save even more.  2 year contracts are rarely a good deal but, people sign them when they see the sticker price of a phone without a contract and end up paying too much on a monthly basis.   I was shocked when my friend told me that he was paying $100 a month for cell phone service.   As far as battery life is concerned I refuse to buy any phone without a removable battery. I buy a spare battery and throw it behind my drivers license in my wallet.  

Jun 24, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #1,193 of 7,793
Eh, as far as battery I carry an external battery. Disregard phones without a removable battery and you limit yourself from some good options. I paid 300 for my phone and my service costs around 50, and I'm extremely pleased with it. Nowadays I'd probably go with the $150 option my service offers.

Jun 26, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #1,194 of 7,793
Is the body of the X1 made up of plastic? The photo looks like it isn't. But then again, good cameras makes pictures not look "natural", but "photogenic".

Anyways, been waiting for this DAP to be released so that I can replaced my iPod Touch that has a cracked screen and with a dead battery. Still sounds nice when paired with a Go-Dap though.

I just hope the X1 does not sound too warm (for me) like the X3.

Jun 26, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #1,196 of 7,793
  Is the body of the X1 made up of plastic? The photo looks like it isn't. But then again, good cameras makes pictures not look "natural", but "photogenic".

Anyways, been waiting for this DAP to be released so that I can replaced my iPod Touch that has a cracked screen and with a dead battery. Still sounds nice when paired with a Go-Dap though.

I just hope the X1 does not sound too warm (for me) like the X3.

Aluminum main body (front to the side) with a plastic back cover.

X1UI.jpg

The UI works similarly to some of the mod UI on X5. It is still in early beta stage at the moment so I don't want to comment too much on it.

As for SQ - I don't have a stock X3 anymore (mine is mod'ed with AD8620) so I can't give you a comparison. But that being said, it is definitely on the warmer side of things, but it doesn't remind me that it is quite as warm as the stock X3. The actual SQ isn't as good as my mod'ed X3, but I think it is at least on par with any DAP on the $100 price bucket. For the least, I don't think it comes short compared to nano 7G or ColorFly C3. The only difference I can observe for now is that both nano 7G and C3 are on the leaner, more detail oriented side of the presentation where X1 is on the richer, tighter side of the presentation. The bass hit does come out much more pronouns on the X1, where they are often softer in tone in nano 7G or C3. The line-out is integrated into the same socket as headphone-out, and is selectable in option. It is actually quite clean and I think X1 will make for a pretty good source to feed an amp.

Please note that this is still an engineering sample, so it might not equal to what we will see on the retail version.

Jun 26, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #1,197 of 7,793
Well, given the line out seems like it should be fairly decent, and I'm pretty sure it should be smaller than the E11, I have a feeling mine will spend a bit of time strapped to that amp.  It'll be nice to use it again, was one of the lucky ones to snag one off Amazon for around $20.  I'm quite looking forward to getting my hands on this lil guy.  Once I do, I imagine I'll be putting my clips in a drawer for the rare occasion I want something that small.  Let's hope the final version holds up at least as well as the sample.

Jun 26, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #1,198 of 7,793
  Well, given the line out seems like it should be fairly decent, and I'm pretty sure it should be smaller than the E11, I have a feeling mine will spend a bit of time strapped to that amp.  It'll be nice to use it again, was one of the lucky ones to snag one off Amazon for around $20.  I'm quite looking forward to getting my hands on this lil guy.  Once I do, I imagine I'll be putting my clips in a drawer for the rare occasion I want something that small.  Let's hope the final version holds up at least as well as the sample.

I also have the upcoming E11K prototype, which is arguably the best sub-$100 portable amp (assuming it will remain under $100) I have heard. This combination will serve as the best budget portable setup $200 can buy.

Jun 26, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #1,199 of 7,793
I also have the upcoming E11K prototype, which is arguably the best sub-$100 portable amp (assuming it will remain under $100) I have heard. This combination will serve as the best budget portable setup $200 can buy.

So shall we expect the scheduled timeline of july'14? And why there a price hike for just replacing a "replaceable nokia bl-5b" battery and adding suffix "k"?
Is there a overall change internally(circuit,components) and a face lift as well? Pls shed some light.........

Jun 26, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #1,200 of 7,793
I completely forgot about that coming out.  Is it similar amping but just more refined?  or is it more of an all around boost?  I'd wonder how it rates vs the E12.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back