The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Aug 13, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #7,441 of 7,793

The touch wheel patent is owned by Apple so if Fiio used that technology they might be sued. Too bad because it would be a perfect solution.

well then ............ nevermind.

Aug 14, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #7,442 of 7,793

The touch wheel patent is owned by Apple so if Fiio used that technology they might be sued. Too bad because it would be a perfect solution.

There should be a "Dog in the Manger" clause in patent law, that if a company has no product in active development or on the market, the patent loses validity.

If nothing else, it would help against patent trolls.

Aug 14, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #7,443 of 7,793

There should be a "Dog in the Manger" clause in patent law, that if a company has no product in active development or on the market, the patent loses validity.

If nothing else, it would help against patent trolls.

I agree with you there. How long has it been since apple discontinued the ipod classic? As far as I know none of their other devices use a touch wheel.

Aug 16, 2016 at 5:23 AM Post #7,444 of 7,793
I'm having a problem with my X1. All of the sudden out of nowhere it started making this like stud seeing sound anytime the music is playing. I tried a hard reset and also wiped my sd card and reapplied music and still having the problem. Any ideas on what it might be?

Aug 16, 2016 at 8:19 AM Post #7,446 of 7,793
I'm having a problem with my X1. All of the sudden out of nowhere it started making this like stud seeing sound anytime the music is playing. I tried a hard reset and also wiped my sd card and reapplied music and still having the problem. Any ideas on what it might be?

Like a glitchy sound? If so, I've had that problem. As long as I leave about 3 gigs or so free, it works fine.

Aug 16, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #7,448 of 7,793
I have a 200gb cad and there's still 91gb left on it.

Did you format the card in the player?  Most playback issues occur when the card isn't properly formatted in the player.  If properly formatted, can you try a different card and see if the problem still exist?  I'd also try playing music from the card on your computer and see if the problem shows up there as well.  FiiO support is good so don't hesitate to reach out to them if you can't figure it out.  Formatting and trying a different card would be my suggestion.  Hopefully you figure it out. 

Aug 16, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #7,449 of 7,793
Did you format the card in the player?  Most playback issues occur when the card isn't properly formatted in the player.  If properly formatted, can you try a different card and see if the problem still exist?  I'd also try playing music from the card on your computer and see if the problem shows up there as well.  FiiO support is good so don't hesitate to reach out to them if you can't figure it out.  Formatting and trying a different card would be my suggestion.  Hopefully you figure it out. 

Thanks I'll give this a try.

Aug 18, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #7,450 of 7,793
Hey guys,

Just wondering if the X1 is a good option for in car use? Right now i'm running a 8gb 3rd gen ipod nano but the 8gb restriction is a bit annoying plus i use a fiio LOD and the battery constantly dies on me, wont charge with the LOD in... Can the X1 charge via micro usb and play music at the same time?

Aug 18, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #7,451 of 7,793
  Hey guys,

Just wondering if the X1 is a good option for in car use? Right now i'm running a 8gb 3rd gen ipod nano but the 8gb restriction is a bit annoying plus i use a fiio LOD and the battery constantly dies on me, wont charge with the LOD in... Can the X1 charge via micro usb and play music at the same time?

You can charge and play at the same time.  If you use the X1 for this, you'll always have click ok when using the line out every time you power it on.  It's kind of annoying , but the hp out and lo share the same port so I get why the warning is there.

Aug 18, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #7,452 of 7,793
I use it in my car all the time, with a 128gb card it meets all my music needs, just be sure to use de line out. I used to have an ipod and it was annoying to have two chargers, one for the ipod, one for my other devices that use micro usb, now I only have one charger for all of them. I find more annoying to have separate chargers for each device than have to press ok every time i use the line out in the player, but that's a little annoying too. Sometimes i wish i had an X3 so i could have a dedicated line out port.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back