The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Aug 3, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #7,426 of 7,793
  Yes but that's not true for all devices, they have to have a smart component that limits the actual consumption.
Also it doesn't seems to be that common. Take a smartphone for an example, they don't control the electric flow when charging, the power that you supply with your charger is what you get (although i don't know if they limit at some point, never tried it with such higher currents, can't assure you 100%).

I don't know if that's the case on the X1, though 
confused.gif

A high quality usb charger will have surge and overcurrent protection circuitry to prevent overcharging the connected devices.  You get what you pay for, buy a cheap $2.00 charger or do some research and buy a high quality one that has built in protection.  I don't want to have to carry around multiple chargers all the time.  I use my charger to charge everything from my Sony A17 to my Nikon digital camera, and cellphone and I have used it to charge my girlfriends tablet.  Never had a single problem damaging any of these devices.

Aug 3, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #7,427 of 7,793

A high quality usb charger will have surge and overcurrent protection circuitry to prevent overcharging the connected devices.  You get what you pay for, buy a cheap $2.00 charger or do some research and buy a high quality one that has built in protection.  I don't want to have to carry around multiple chargers all the time.  I use my charger to charge everything from my Sony A17 to my Nikon digital camera, and cellphone and I have used it to charge my girlfriends tablet.  Never had a single problem damaging any of these devices.

I see your point. I was talking about re-using the chargers someone eventually has. But in the case of buying one i definitely agree with you. Buying a more pricey charger that is safe and it adapts to all your devices seems worth it. I have never bought a charger in my life x)

Actually the only device i bought that didn't include a charger was the X1. But yea, in the case of buying i would prefer a solid choice of charger too.

Aug 3, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #7,428 of 7,793
  I see your point. I was talking about re-using the chargers someone eventually has. But in the case of buying one i definitely agree with you. Buying a more pricey charger that is safe and it adapts to all your devices seems worth it. I have never bought a charger in my life x)

Actually the only device i bought that didn't include a charger was the X1. But yea, in the case of buying i would prefer a solid choice of charger too.

Yeah my Sony A17 did not come with a wall charger either.  I would never trust a charger that comes with a device to charge another piece of hardware.  Given that all manufacturers want to make money they are going to include the cheapest accessories they can get by with. Spending another $15 to $20 for a good quality charger is a must as far as I am concerned.

Aug 4, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #7,431 of 7,793
Fiio, what's the max amount of songs that can fit into one of the device's (on the go) playlist?

Thanks.

Aug 5, 2016 at 3:44 AM Post #7,432 of 7,793
Fiio, what's the max amount of songs that can fit into one of the device's (on the go) playlist?

Thanks.

Hi, in general, it is suggested to add up to about 1,000 songs to a playlist. If there are more songs(or songs' ID3tag info), the menu operation response on X1 may become slow. This is because the clock speed of CPU and its RAM are limited, it need take some time to load songs info.

Aug 5, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #7,433 of 7,793

Hi, in general, it is suggested to add up to about 1,000 songs to a playlist. If there are more songs(or songs' ID3tag info), the menu operation response on X1 may become slow. This is because the clock speed of CPU and its RAM are limited, it need take some time to load songs info.

Is this also the cause of the slow folder browsing?

Aug 5, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #7,434 of 7,793
Thanks for the quick reply.

A suggestion though Fiio is for you to eliminate the movable scroll wheel completely since numerous amounts of people have had issues with its accuracy as their respective devices age. My X1's cursor jumps back and forth while using the wheel, and it's a constant annoyance. I know you guys offered to fix it, but eliminating it completely would save you money from constant repairs in the long run.

I was thinking of purchasing the X3 II as an upgrade, but I read reports of scroll wheel issues identical to what I experienced with my X1, so I'm rethinking my options at the moment.

So please for the love of God Fiio, please eliminate the scroll wheel in your future products! It will save you money and induce less headaches in the long run. Believe me.

Aug 6, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #7,435 of 7,793
Thanks for the quick reply.

A suggestion though Fiio is for you to eliminate the movable scroll wheel completely since numerous amounts of people have had issues with its accuracy as their respective devices age. My X1's cursor jumps back and forth while using the wheel, and it's a constant annoyance. I know you guys offered to fix it, but eliminating it completely would save you money from constant repairs in the long run.

I was thinking of purchasing the X3 II as an upgrade, but I read reports of scroll wheel issues identical to what I experienced with my X1, so I'm rethinking my options at the moment.

So please for the love of God Fiio, please eliminate the scroll wheel in your future products! It will save you money and induce less headaches in the long run. Believe me.

Maybe what Fiio should do is drop the scroll wheel as you suggest and implement touch controls similar to what they have done with the M3 model.

Aug 6, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #7,436 of 7,793
Maybe what Fiio should do is drop the scroll wheel as you suggest and implement touch controls similar to what they have done with the M3 model.

Yeah, I agree. Touch screen controls and a mixture of physical buttons for volume controls would be ideal.

Aug 6, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #7,437 of 7,793
Yeah, I agree. Touch screen controls and a mixture of physical buttons for volume controls would be ideal.

I think the size of the X1 & X3II is perfect so I would keep that form factor and build material for the back and add touch screen controls to the front and maybe a bit larger screen. The M3 seems to be a bit small to me.

Aug 12, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #7,438 of 7,793
What about a touch wheel?

Aug 13, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #7,439 of 7,793

Is this also the cause of the slow folder browsing?

yep.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back