The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Jan 8, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #4,667 of 7,793
Should be a fake card or maybe the player is broken, I have a 64gb and it`s super fast to format.

Could you try the card on a computer? If so use to software H2TestW to check the card if you got erros it`s probably a fake card.

Where did you get the card from? Have you tested/used the card with the computer or in another device? That's an insane amount of time to format the card :eek:

Sounds to me like your card is fake, was it too-good-to-be-true-cheap?

Try formatting the card on a PC in FAT32 format, load it with 64GB of any data and see if that works.

Cheers,
K

The card is definitely original and from a reputable shop (Media Markt in Germany). On the computer it works without problems. If I format it as fat32 zur player does not recognize it either. "Unrecognized Filesystem" and "No Card in Player" are the errormessages.
Sadly I have no other Card to check.
I try now to get a new player.. Maybe the next one works and I now have a faulty device.

Jan 8, 2015 at 8:09 AM Post #4,668 of 7,793
The card is definitely original and from a reputable shop (Media Markt in Germany). On the computer it works without problems. If I format it as fat32 zur player does not recognize it either. "Unrecognized Filesystem" and "No Card in Player" are the errormessages.
I try now to get a new player.. Maybe the next one works and I now have a faulty device.

Ok, then something is definitively wrong with the player indeed. Exchanging it is the right way forward.

Cheers,
K

Jan 8, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #4,669 of 7,793

having a reputable seller or even a genuine card doesn't protect you from having a lemon(and same thing for the DAP). just as having the card to work on the computer tells nothing about it being well formated.
did you format the card in fat32 or did you use windows stuff that only offers exfat?
stupid question but did you put the card correctly? everything is upside down on the X1. did you really push it deep enough to get the click? does the card get in straight, and not sideways?

Jan 8, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #4,670 of 7,793
having a reputable seller or even a genuine card doesn't protect you from having a lemon(and same thing for the DAP). just as having the card to work on the computer tells nothing about it being well formated.
did you format the card in fat32 or did you use windows stuff that only offers exfat?
stupid question but did you put the card correctly? everything is upside down on the X1. did you really push it deep enough to get the click? does the card get in straight, and not sideways?

After it did not work I did the format with my Linux Computer. So this should not be the problem.
I tested to fit in the card both ways but it is only possible to put it in the correct side up. I would also say the card was straight and deep enough in.
Thanks for all your replies so far.

Jan 8, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #4,671 of 7,793

After it did not work I did the format with my Linux Computer. So this should not be the problem.
I tested to fit in the card both ways but it is only possible to put it in the correct side up. I would also say the card was straight and deep enough in.
Thanks for all your replies so far.

maybe buy a cheap 2gb in a shop to make sure it's the DAP? I know I wouldn't enjoy having to send the DAP back and wait for a new one, that's why you see me trying to show it's the SD card ^_^.
good luck anyway.

Jan 8, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #4,673 of 7,793
Today I got my Fiio X1. I bought a 64gb class 10 Sandisk SD card.
Now the player has problems with the card. The player takes 3 hours to format it but after that it does not recognize the memory card.
What can I do to make the player work properly? Is it broken?

Definitely shouldn't take that long to format in the player. My 128gb card formats in mins.

Jan 8, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #4,674 of 7,793
  What are the chances of creating a FLAC and MP3 player, with micro SD support (up to 128GB) but with the ability to use 2 AAA or AA batteries? Or to use a consumer replaceable rechargeable battery that lasts for a week with 8hrs a day usage?

Or is that too much to ask for?

The X1 is near perfect, but the battery life is just that bit lower than I would like, and not keen that it can't be replaced by the user (easily) if it dies. BTW can the device still be mains powered when the battery dies?

a cowon j3 with a new battery? a studio V 3rd anniv? or a sony A15? 7 clip+(one per day)?  the "worst" would be the sony with "only" close to 40h of mp3.
biggrin.gif

but for audio fidelity I would be tempted to give my vote to the X1 in many situations.
the thing is, you can't really expect your source to drive a wide range of products correctly, and at the same time have an everlasting battery. AA or AAA sticks in nowadays DAPs... I'm not optimistic for your search.

Jan 8, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #4,675 of 7,793

a cowon j3 with a new battery? a studio V 3rd anniv? or a sony A15? 7 clip+(one per day)?  the "worst" would be the sony with "only" close to 40h of mp3.
biggrin.gif

but for audio fidelity I would be tempted to give my vote to the X1 in many situations.
the thing is, you can't really expect your source to drive a wide range of products correctly, and at the same time have an everlasting battery. AA or AAA sticks in nowadays DAPs... I'm not optimistic for your search.

The X1's ability to use a 128gb micro sd card is the main thing that attracted me to it, along with the ability to play FLACs.
The only thing I would have preferred was the ability to consumer change the battery. If it can play via mains with a dead battery then that will help, but one thing I dislike is being out and about and having the battery die and no where to recharge it.

A power bank is helpful but another thing to carry around, which defeats the purpose of having a portable device.

It's just a longer battery life I would like now in a device.

Jan 9, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #4,676 of 7,793

biggrin.gif

The X1's ability to use a 128gb micro sd card is the main thing that attracted me to it, along with the ability to play FLACs.
The only thing I would have preferred was the ability to consumer change the battery. If it can play via mains with a dead battery then that will help, but one thing I dislike is being out and about and having the battery die and no where to recharge it.

A power bank is helpful but another thing to carry around, which defeats the purpose of having a portable device.

I understand perfectly your problem, I've been having a clip+ or a clip zip in almost every bag just for when my main player would drop dead. and at some point I just stacked a bunch of those sansas and would just switch the µSD from one to the next(a clip is so small that having several isn't much of a problem space wise). now my life has settled down so I don't have those needs anymore, but be sure that I do understand.
the X1 doesn't seem to be able to play when charging, (a sansa does ^_^). for 128gb cards, I know it's ok on my sony A15, it can play when plugged into a wall(usb charger) but not into a computer :'(.
maybe someone will have an idea for you, but the X1 just isn't it.

Jan 9, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #4,677 of 7,793

you should get dx50 (replaceable battery) or Sony A15 (longer battery).
both surpport microSD and FLACs.

Jan 9, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #4,678 of 7,793

I understand perfectly your problem, I've been having a clip+ or a clip zip in almost every bag just for when my main player would drop dead. and at some point I just stacked a bunch of those sansas and would just switch the µSD from one to the next(a clip is so small that having several isn't much of a problem space wise). now my life has settled down so I don't have those needs anymore, but be sure that I do understand.
the X1 doesn't seem to be able to play when charging, (a sansa does ^_^). for 128gb cards, I know it's ok on my sony A15, it can play when plugged into a wall(usb charger) but not into a computer :'(.
maybe someone will have an idea for you, but the X1 just isn't it.

I can confirm that the X1 does play while charging, as long as the battery is working. But what I was wondering, is if it would still work if the battery had died. E.g. the charger bypasses the battery.

Jan 9, 2015 at 7:40 AM Post #4,679 of 7,793

you should get dx50 (replaceable battery) or Sony A15 (longer battery).
both surpport microSD and FLACs.

Thanks for the suggestions but I was thinking more about a future device. I would definitely like to see wireless charging added. If you could have the device on a charging mat while playing or while not in use that would be great.

In terms of storage and hi def playing, the players are where I would like them now. I would just like a longer battery life as the next stage of evolution.

Jan 9, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #4,680 of 7,793
yeah sorry about that, it's just me being a noob. the X1 does play when charging, I only tried to press ON/OFF when all I had to do was press play
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back