The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Nov 9, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #3,811 of 7,793
^LOL, alrighty then
biggrin.gif

You will love the bass vid i do with the X1...Seriously you will. 

I'll let the thread return to normal programming.....my apologies for the distraction

Nov 9, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #3,812 of 7,793
  I think I am answering my own question here, but is the X1 (and possibly x5)'s scroll wheel abit loose? I guess that is normal since the scroll whell of an iPod does not really spin at all.

EDIT: Also, how to play random songs (shuffle) through different folders? I can only get it to play songs inside a folder.

I thought that too because initially I thought it worked like an iPod's, but then realized I need to spin it, like those Pioneer CD TT's. I didn't really find it loose, but I regret voting for smooth wheel vs textured back when the initial renderings came out (again, it was because I didn't pay attention and did not realize that it was not an iPod wheel :p

Nov 9, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #3,813 of 7,793
  so far I like the x1 but to me the clip still sounds better maybe it is just me but I like the looks of the x1 more and the ui

Are you...ok? lol are you sure? I mean, how? 
confused.gif

Nov 9, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #3,814 of 7,793
  I think I am answering my own question here, but is the X1 (and possibly x5)'s scroll wheel abit loose? I guess that is normal since the scroll whell of an iPod does not really spin at all.

EDIT: Also, how to play random songs (shuffle) through different folders? I can only get it to play songs inside a folder.

for shuffle all, you go to "category" and select "all songs". (and you set the replay to shuffle obviously)

^ That would be very odd if one notch on the slider were to equal 2db.
If that were the case, I would think they would just make it go from -0- to +12 instead of -0- to +6.

I'll need a translator because most of my posts seem to get a new meaning of their own ^_^. I meant the volume setting that is not 1DB for 1unit, not the EQ setting.
I checked again(and happened to have done it right the first time, yeah me!), from 88 to 100 I read about 6db variation, so the mystery that wasn't one is solved.

now 100-88=12
12=2*6
EQ has 6values
coincidence or ...

Nov 9, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #3,815 of 7,793
I've just updated my X1 to firmware 1.1.

With this new firmware version there is an option for using cable remote. 
I have headphones with a three button remote (XIAOMI Piston V2) which I use usually with my android phone. 
On my phone with the middle button i can start and stop music, with the other to buttons I am able to control the volume. 

I have now connected this headphones to my X1. 
The middle button works fine (one click starts/stops music, double click = next song, triple click = previous song). 
But the volume buttons work also identically to the middle button. Is this normal? Do you have headphones with cable remotes that can control volume?

Nov 9, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #3,816 of 7,793

If that were the case, I would think they would just make it go from -0- to +12 instead of -0- to +6.

I'll need a translator because most of my posts seem to get a new meaning of their own ^_^. I meant the volume setting that is not 1DB for 1unit, not the EQ setting.
I checked again(and happened to have done it right the first time, yeah me!), from 88 to 100 I read about 6db variation, so the mystery that wasn't one is solved.

now 100-88=12
12=2*6
EQ has 6values

Are you saying that the normal volume level increases .5db per -1- value?
...and that the EQ is adjusted as 1db per -1- value? Thus making 12 clicks on the volume worth 6db and 6 clicks on the EQ also worth 6db?
If not then disregard, I am just trying to interpret what you are trying to say. It's not really clear to me.
Perhaps later someone from Fiio will explain why the EQ and volume truncation is set up the way it is.

Nov 9, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #3,818 of 7,793

now 100-88=12
12=2*6
EQ has 6values

Are you saying that the normal volume level increases .5db per -1- value?
...and that the EQ is adjusted as 1db per -1- value? Thus making 12 clicks on the volume worth 6db and 6 clicks on the EQ also worth 6db?
If not then disregard, I am just trying to interpret what you are trying to say. It's not really clear to me.
Perhaps later someone from Fiio will explain why the EQ and volume truncation is set up the way it is.

that's about it. yes.
 I tried +10 each times and got 5db variations at least from 40 to 100 it worked that way.
but 20 to 30 gave me +10db, and 30 to 40 also +10db. (can't read below 20 because the noise of my soundcard kicks in)

Anyone on how to create playlists?

you didn't like my answer to you last time you asked or you didn't see it?

Nov 9, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #3,820 of 7,793
I've just updated my X1 to firmware 1.1.

With this new firmware version there is an option for using cable remote. 

I have headphones with a three button remote (XIAOMI Piston V2) which I use usually with my android phone. 

On my phone with the middle button i can start and stop music, with the other to buttons I am able to control the volume. 

I have now connected this headphones to my X1. 
The middle button works fine (one click starts/stops music, double click = next song, triple click = previous song). 

But the volume buttons work also identically to the middle button. Is this normal? Do you have headphones with cable remotes that can control volume?

Fiio stated earlier in the thread that they can't support the Apple Remote volume buttons due to Apple having patented this...

Nov 9, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #3,821 of 7,793
  that's about it. yes.
 I tried +10 each times and got 5db variations at least from 40 to 100 it worked that way.
but 20 to 30 gave me +10db, and 30 to 40 also +10db. (can't read below 20 because the noise of my soundcard kicks in)

you didn't like my answer to you last time you asked or you didn't see it?

Quick question how do you find the sound of the x1 compared to the sony A10?

Nov 9, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #3,822 of 7,793
^ oh ok, well if that is true, than I don't know why they don't just make the EQ go to +12/-12 in .5db steps instead of +6/-6 in 1db steps. It would make it a lot less confusing for sure.

More than likely because few people can clearly distinguish a 0.5db change.

Nov 9, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #3,823 of 7,793
^Well yes that is true, but I was just saying for the sake of understanding the UI better.
...and, even though most can't usually distinguish a half-db difference, if the EQ were to be able to
move in half-db increments, it would help to create a better EQ.
In that domain, the half vs whole decibel can make a real difference think.

For example, I currently keep the 62hz freq at +1db over the other frequencies. +2db is too much some of the time, so I leave it at +1. I think +1.5db might be the sweet spot. At least for me and my current setup.

Nov 9, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #3,824 of 7,793

I thought that too because initially I thought it worked like an iPod's, but then realized I need to spin it, like those Pioneer CD TT's. I didn't really find it loose, but I regret voting for smooth wheel vs textured back when the initial renderings came out (again, it was because I didn't pay attention and did not realize that it was not an iPod wheel :p

I'm good with it, but I guess it would be better for me if the scrollwheel is abit harder to scroll, making it stiffer. Can't even pick a song below the current, it will almost always go 2 or 3 songs below the current xD Not sure if I can say that properly, haha.

for shuffle all, you go to "category" and select "all songs". (and you set the replay to shuffle obviously)

Oh yeah, I just found that out lol... I always use browse by folder even on my previous DAPs (except iPod) so that is new to me xD

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back