The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Sep 30, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #2,522 of 7,793
146 used, 169 new on Amazon. I think it really just depends on what you need the device to do. If you're looking for a dap for IEMs and don't need usb dac functionality, then the X11 is probably good for you.

Sep 30, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #2,524 of 7,793
Got my X1 from Pitbull Audio and I love it.  I've been using a Clip Sport for the past few months and I haven't been all that impressed with it...so I was always looking for something a little more...well...powerful.  Thankfully, the X1 was released and fits my needs perfectly.

When I'm at home, I run the line out on the X1 to my C5D w/ my V-MODA M100s and when I hit the gym, it's the X1 alone w/ my GR07 BEs.  Love the combos.

What an improvement on the firmware disaster that was the X3 when it was released.  I gave up on that thing after about two months of constant crashes and software wonkiness.  This thing has been stable during my entire first day of use.

Just ridiculous for only 100 bucks and I can't recommend it enough.

Sep 30, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #2,525 of 7,793

This could be a good replacement for the conked-out CD player in my car. Good review too that just came out at headfonia.com http://www.headfonia.com/fiio-x1-99-dap/

Sep 30, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #2,526 of 7,793
What an improvement on the firmware disaster that was the X3 when it was released.  I gave up on that thing after about two months of constant crashes and software wonkiness.  This thing has been stable during my entire first day of use.

Just ridiculous for only 100 bucks and I can't recommend it enough.

Glad to hear that the X1 stable.  I *finally* seem to have a stable X3 with FW 3.21b. It was weird for me to tell others about the lovely sound of the X3, but if they thought about getting one, I'd discourage them, because I knew most of them wouldn't  want to deal with cleaning up their tags. (Mainly too-large cover images, as well as occasional foreign characters in titles. I was still replacing cover images before FW 3.21b.) Do you think the X1 is stable enough to handle the "average person's" mixture of random mp3s?

Sep 30, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #2,527 of 7,793
  Hi guys, just a question...does the line out feature actually bypass the amp and increase the battery life or does it just output signal at line level (near max volume)?

YES, the LO is bypass the amp section but not just output signal at line level. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 30, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #2,528 of 7,793
Got the X1 today. Ordered it from Tinbel on Amazon. I must say, it looks really nice. Also, a little surprise waited for me in the box. It came with 3 different adhesive skins (carbon fiber, US flag, wood). These would go on the front, back, sides, top and bottom of the player. 

I haven't used it yet, as I actually got it for my Dad as a birthday gift; gonna load all his favourite songs on there past to present (in FLAC of course) before giving it to him. Will post my sound impressions after he's had a play with it :-D

Sep 30, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #2,529 of 7,793

Glad to hear that the X1 stable.  I *finally* seem to have a stable X3 with FW 3.21b. It was weird for me to tell others about the lovely sound of the X3, but if they thought about getting one, I'd discourage them, because I knew most of them wouldn't  want to deal with cleaning up their tags. (Mainly too-large cover images, as well as occasional foreign characters in titles. I was still replacing cover images before FW 3.21b.) Do you think the X1 is stable enough to handle the "average person's" mixture of random mp3s?

It still isn't nearly as nice and easy to use as an iPod or the like, but yeah, I think an average consumer could learn and use the device.  That said...I had already done all of my tags/cover images correctly from back when I had the X3, so I haven't had those hurdles to get through this time.  Other users can probably chime in on that.  It's definitely stable enough when you have all of the files tagged right.

Sep 30, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #2,531 of 7,793
Hello, my first post here, but I've been following the forums for some time now! I was more of an hifi guy in the past but recently become addicted to portable audio gear, as I learnt the convenience of listening at any time and at any volume without bothering my family (I like it loud :) ).

I've also been quite a Fiio fan, owning d03k, e6, e11 and I'm now waiting for X1, which should be with me in a day, if Fedex delivers.

I'm not pretending to own an Hi-End setup, more of a cost conscious setup (always on a budget, sigh), but I hope in a discernible upgrade from my currentl Sansa Zip. Final setup will be X1 + E11 + my cans M-Audio Q40 / Koss ProDJ and PortaPro / Audio Technica Pro5Mk2 and WS55 / Aurvana Live!

Now, if someone wants to help, I'm looking also for a cable upgrade. I'm using atm the Fiio "long" cable which came with E6 and I'm looking for something about the same lenght but with improved sound quality costing not more than 30 EUR/$.

Also, I'd like to ask if you think I would get a significant improvement upgrading from E11 to E12 with my cans (which are all quite easy to drive, actually, and I get plenty of volume already).

Sep 30, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #2,532 of 7,793
  Hello, my first post here, but I've been following the forums for some time now! I was more of an hifi guy in the past but recently become addicted to portable audio gear, as I learnt the convenience of listening at any time and at any volume without bothering my family (I like it loud :) ).

I've also been quite a Fiio fan, owning d03k, e6, e11 and I'm now waiting for X1, which should be with me in a day, if Fedex delivers.

I'm not pretending to own an Hi-End setup, more of a cost conscious setup (always on a budget, sigh), but I hope in a discernible upgrade from my currentl Sansa Zip. Final setup will be X1 + E11 + my cans M-Audio Q40 / Koss ProDJ and PortaPro / Audio Technica Pro5Mk2 and WS55 / Aurvana Live!

Now, if someone wants to help, I'm looking also for a cable upgrade. I'm using atm the Fiio "long" cable which came with E6 and I'm looking for something about the same lenght but with improved sound quality costing not more than 30 EUR/$.

Also, I'd like to ask if you think I would get a significant improvement upgrading from E11 to E12 with my cans (which are all quite easy to drive, actually, and I get plenty of volume already).

my portable setup is the X5+E12+JVC FXZ200..love it. When I'm at home I use my ATH-m40x. 

If you want to upgrade your cables, look for oxygen free copper cables. I've got a coiled UGREEN 3.5mm cable which works pretty nicely. But I only use that cable if I want to connect my setup to my car. Honestly, I don't think a cable upgrade offers a world of difference, if any. 

In terms of your amp, if you feel the need to upgrade, get the E11K rather than the E12. I love the E12, solid build quality and sounds great. But had the E11K been out when I was looking for an amp, I probably would've gotten that. The only real advantage of the E12 (in your case), would be a bit longer battery life.

Sep 30, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #2,535 of 7,793
Hello all, a long time lurker around these forums, but finally decided to create a account here!

I received my FiiO X1 today and boy, I AM IMPRESSED! However, I have a quick question to ask.

For the firmware upgrading part the quick start guide states "Choose a TF card with FAT32 File system, preferably a blank card with capacity at or under 32GB"

I have the intention of getting a 64GB microSD card and just dump my music inside the player. I would like to know what are the "risks" of updating the firmware with a 64GB card or a microSD card that is isn't blank. Will it brick my player or cause any issues? I'm rather hesitant to purchase another microSD card  just to update my player.

This is my first device that actually uses a microSD card (hence I do not have a single microSD card with me), so I will purchase one tomorrow to officially start using the player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back